8th April 2010, 07:30 PM
raj005

selection procedure at IIM-A? they give due weight-age to the marks scored in 10th and 12th?

Can anyone please give me detail information about the selection procedure at IIM-A?
I heard they give due weight-age to the marks scored in 10th and 12th! How do they calculate that?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get into IIM after scoring low marks in 12th?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria for IIM? I have scored 84% in 10th
  3. Can I get admission in IIM through CAT if secured 66% in BBA, 72% in 12th and 61% in 10th?
  4. How does 10th and 12th academics affect calls from IIMs on the basis of CAT? Can I get IIM calls at 90% marks in 10th and 75% marks in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Should I go for Engineering course having scored 40% in 10th and 75% in 12th Class? Will this low percentage of marks effect my Placements?
  6. What is the selection criteria opted by IIMs for MBA admissions?
  7. Will I get a call from IIM-Ahmedabad? I've scored 100 percentile in CAT and having 81% marks in Engineering, 81% marks in 12th std and 82% marks in 10th std
  8. Does 10th and 12th marks are considered for JAM 2016?
  9. Am I eligible to get a seat in IIMB after completing BSC with 75% in 10th, 12th?
  10. Which course should I do after completing PGDBA with less than 50% marks?
  11. Will my 12th marks(59%) affect my chances to join for MBA course in IIM's?
  12. Do I have a chance to get calls from IIM's after scoring 84.75% in 10th, 93.4% in 12th and 59.6% in B.E?
  13. Any chance in IIM after scoring 85%?
  14. Not eligible for any campus interview due to 12th marks. What can be done and how to approach the companies?
  15. Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?
  16. How can I get admission in IIM Calcutta? I have scored 64.12%
  17. As per my academic marks can I get a job in Campus Selection or not? -- [New]
  18. How much percentage of marks I need to score in CAT to admission in IIM-A, IIM-B or IIM-C? Which has best private job placement among these 3 IIMs?
8th April 2010, 09:45 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: selection procedure at IIM-A? they give due weight-age to the marks scored in 10th and 12th?

the same discussion was there in 2007 during the selection of the students for the fresh batch in IIMs ........at that time many deserving students didnt got admission just because they has low scores in ssc and hsc.......at that time IIMS selection committee came out with the section procedure of IIMs........

once an applicant has been shortlisted for the group discussion and personal interview (GDPI), score in CAT(considered to be one of the most difficult entrance examinations anywhere) has just a 20 per cent weightage in the final aggregate score, on the basis of which admission offers are made.

In fact, Class X and Class XII results together have a higher weightage at 25 per cent. The results of the Bachelor's degree examination account for another 15 per cent.

here they are searching for a student who was equally talented in all phases of his life.....

hope this stats will help you a lot and will motivate you to give equal importance to all the exams starting from 10th std...........

best of luck
8th April 2010, 10:03 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: selection procedure at IIM-A? they give due weight-age to the marks scored in 10th and 12th?

dear friend,
the selection procedure of IIM are the
candidates gives Personal Interview and gd....
after selecting in gd and personal interview,
the candidates have to give your bacholar
degree, only shortlisted candidates will
get admission in IIM-A................

good luck....
9th April 2010, 12:13 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

IIM Ahmedabad:

Candidates should have, from an institution recognized by the Association of Indian Universities/ AICTE:

(a) a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Agriculture Sciences OR
(b) a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Agriculture related disciplines OR
(c) at least a three-year Bachelor's degree in any discipline, and a strong interest in Agriculture, Agro/Food Processing, Rural and Allied Sectors.

Candidates appearing for the final bachelor's degree examination or final master's degree examination can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed when they submit the mark-sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor's/Master's degree referred to in the certificate issued by the Principal/Registrar of their college/institute.
9th April 2010, 01:32 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

yes,
weight age is given for good marks in tenth and twelfth class after the selection in group discussion and interview
all the best
10th April 2010, 03:54 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
the selection procedure at IIM-A is carried out through your results in CAT examination.if you have a good rank there then you will get adimssions through IIM-A.they also take GD which is a must to be cleared with an interview.
all the best
11th April 2010, 08:59 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

the importance is given to tenth and inter in case of tie in the group interview,generally they dont bring the tenth marks but the inter mark is given quite good importance,
generally some percentage of the total score is given for tenth and inter
all the best
13th April 2010, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I have got 75% in X and 70% in XII. Am i eligible to get into a IIM ?
29th May 2010, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

Meri PSQ ki buk mere liye gaana ga rahi hain..
:-):-)
zara zara touch me touch me touch me zara zara hold me hold me hold me
30th May 2010, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

IIM-A gives the highest priority to the CAT score.What do u thnk?
20th June 2010, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

i got 77.5 percent in 10th and 75 percent in 12th iam i eligible for admission in iim ahmedabad
26th June 2010, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

i got 81 percent in 10th and 71 percent in 12th. may i eligible for admission in iim ahmedabad ?
28th June 2010, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

i got 75% in 10th n 82% in 12th...is dere any cuttoff %age in iims....
18th August 2010, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

then what about the students who got good %tail in CAT exam, which are not have the good % in 10 & 12 standards
24th August 2010, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

i have got bad marks in xandxii can i get admission to IIM- A if CAT score is very good
30th September 2010, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

if we get good marks in the cat exam but are poor in group discussion and interview then will i get admission to IIM?
16th January 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

MY SON QUALIFIED FOR A ,C ETC BUT NOT B WHY ? HE SCORED 99.76 IN CAT AND IN X th PCM 95% (OVER ALL 92.4% ) AND IN 12 th 94 % . WHAT ARE THE CHANCE IN A OR C AND WHY B HAS NOT SHORTLISTED, CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY'
17th January 2011, 03:13 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj005 View Post
Can anyone please give me detail information about the selection procedure at IIM-A?
I heard they give due weight-age to the marks scored in 10th and 12th! How do they calculate that?
Hi,

Yes it is true there are some points for marks in 10th and 12th.
Go to this link to get the details:
http://studyplaces.com/articles/342465-iim-s-selection-procedure
31st January 2011, 05:26 PM
mychandru024

Oh no... nothing like that. they will perform interviews and group discussions. they will select you based on your performance there...
12th June 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

what is age limit of admission in to iim ahmadabad
8th August 2011, 06:20 AM
Unregistered

i have 53 in X and 56 in 12th i m eligible for IIM -A ??????????
9th August 2011, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

i am got 59 prcent in 10th and 56 in 12th.I am eligible for iim call plz reply.........
23rd August 2011, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

sir i hav just 63 n 65 in 10 th n 12th. M eligibl 2 take admission in iim or not
31st October 2011, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

most of the questions asked here are not answered.......so, there is no need to ask any questions.....bcoz it will not be answered........:(
26th May 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

i have got 90% in Xth and 705 in XIIth.so is there going to be any problem?
21st February 2013, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

how much percentage have to got to get an admission in iim banglore
21st February 2013, 10:23 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
CAT is the common admission test anf IIMs are the best institutes in the country for the MBA program. The selection criteria of the IIM Ahmedabad is as follows-
The CAT score matters 60% of the total evaluation process for admission.
You can expect a call from IIM A only if you have a CAT score of above 99 percentile.
Moreover it is not enough, the overall personality of yours is evaluated on the basis of your complete academic background and extra curricular background.
You should be at least having a minimum of 85% marks in your 10th, 12th and graduation, then also you can think of getting the admission in the best institute of the company. Indian institute of management, ahmedabad.
Gud luck
21st February 2013, 10:25 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
CAT is the common admission test anf IIMs are the best institutes in the country for the MBA program. The selection criteria of the IIM Ahmedabad is as follows-
The CAT score matters 60% of the total evaluation process for admission.
You can expect a call from IIM A only if you have a CAT score of above 99 percentile.
Moreover it is not enough, the overall personality of yours is evaluated on the basis of your complete academic background and extra curricular background.
You should be at least having a minimum of 85% marks in your 10th, 12th and graduation, then also you can think of getting the admission in the best institute of the company. Indian institute of management, ahmedabad.
Gud luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?