14th July 2010, 09:14 PM
anandkadam09

SET exam after MBA in marketing and BSc with Mathematics as special subject?

I have done MBA with marketing as my special subject. I have done graduation in BSc with mathematics as special subject is it possible that i can appear for SET exam

15th July 2010, 03:58 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: SET exam after MBA in marketing and BSc with Mathematics as special subject?

Hello friend,

The minimum aducational qualification required to appear for SET exam is a masters degree from UGC recognised institute with an aggregate of 55% for general and 50% for SC/ST candidate.

The candidate can appear for SET exam only in the subject of post graduation. If the subject is not in the list, one can appear for related subject.
Following is the list of the subjects for SET
Marathi, Hindi, English, Sanskrit, History, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Defence & strategic Studies, Home Science, Library & Information Science, Journalism and Mass Communication, Social Work, Public Administration, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Earth Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Geography, Computer Science & Application, Electronic Science, Commerce, Law, Education & Physical Education

For further information, please visit www.setexam.unipune.ernet.in.
15th July 2010, 12:16 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: SET exam after MBA in marketing and BSc with Mathematics as special subject?

Dear friend,

You can definitely apply for SET exam as you have done B.Sc with Math honors.

The minimum eligibility for applying SET is a bachelor's degree from any recognised University.

You should have score minimum 55% in your graduation.

So you are eligible for giving SET exam.

All the best!
15th July 2010, 12:39 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
Eligibility conditions
1. Candidates must have sored a minimum of 50% in Master's degree from a recognised university.
2.Candidates who have passed MSc are not eligible to apper for SET exam.
3.There is no upper age limit.
16th July 2010, 05:39 AM
amit.2186

dear friend , sure you can appear for the set exam ..

All you need is to have a minimum 55% if you are general and 50% if you are SC/ST in your graduation as an aggregate percentage
19th July 2010, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i am an BE graduate fresher i hav 57% of aggregate can i appear for set exam i m an Sc student thier is no reservation?
27th July 2010, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Hello I am Uday,

I complited my gradution in BA(Politics). Now i am going to doing MBA When i complite my MBA can
i Appear for SET-NET Exam.
11th February 2011, 08:40 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

hiii

SET exam after MBA in marketing and BSc with Mathematics as special subject
The minimum educational qualification required to appear for SET exam is a masters degree from UGC recognized institute with an aggregate of 55% for general and 50% for SC/ST candidate.
The candidate can appear for SET exam only in the subject of post graduation. If the subject is not in the list, one can appear for related subject.
Following is the list of the subjects for SET
Marathi, Hindi, English, Sanskrit, History, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Defence & strategic Studies, Home Science,
For further information, please visit www.setexam.unipune.ernet.in.

good luck
11th July 2011, 01:35 PM
xavier75

I have done B.E in Mechanical Engineering and MBA in marketing can I appear for SET and what subject should i take
25th November 2011, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

sir i had done my mba in marketing ihave got 59% marks and if i pass the set /net exam then i get lecturer job
29th November 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

is there any scope doing mba in marketing from open university & m.com from recognised university
29th November 2013, 05:48 PM
moqueem86

is there any scope in doing mba in marketing from open university & m.com from reputed university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?