20th December 2011, 01:44 AM
shalinivishal

Should I drop my engineering after 3rd sem and join B.Sc program as my future aim is to do MBBS? Can I get admission in MBBS after doing B.Sc as I do not have biology in 12th?

sir,
I am an engineering student,completed 3rd sem now. Can i drop engineering and do b.sc.? And later can i join mbbs? Because now i want to pursue mbbs. I am having pcm with no biology but after b.sc,doing mbbs is possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Is this possible to join 2nd year or 3rd year of MBBS in abroad after the completion of B.Sc Nursing?
  2. Can I pursue MBBS after completion of BSc Biotech?
  3. Am I eligible to join MBBS after completion of B.Sc course? Will there be any career scope for me of doing this? How can I get admission for MBBS course in Mumbai University?
  4. Should I drop a year for engineering preparation of join some BSc college?
  5. Is there any chance to join in 2nd or 3rd year of MBBS after B.Sc Nursing?
  6. How may I join MBBS degree program after completion of B.Sc nursing course?
  7. How to do MBBS after BSc Nursing? can I join as Lateral entry to MBBS 3rd year
  8. How to get admission in MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? Details of the medical colleges which are offering MBBS course after BSc Nursing? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. After completing ISC with PCB and BSc Agriculture can I get admission in MBBS? Will the migration certificate of the university from which I am pursing BSc Agriculture be appropriate?
  10. Am I eligible for lateral entry in MBBS after passing BSc Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? Procedure for it?
  11. Can I do MBBS after BSc Nursing? I am a final year BSc Nursing student
  12. Can I do MBBS after completing BSc Botany? I am a BSc student
  13. Can I join MBBS program through lateral entry after completing B.Sc (Hons)?
  14. Eligibility to study MBBS for a candidate who has secured 56% in B.Sc and 47% in 12th?
  15. Admission in MBBS after completing B.Sc in Nursing? -- [New]
  16. Can I join MBBS directly after B.Sc?
  17. Can I do MBBS after BSc Nursing? Admission procedure of MBBS and the fee structure?
  18. What should I study after completing 12th to join MBBS course?
21st August 2012, 11:56 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I drop my engineering after 3rd sem and join B.Sc program as my future aim is to do MBBS? Can I get admission in MBBS after doing B.Sc as I do not have biology in 12th?

Hi dear

No, you can't do so as if you want to do MBBS, then Biology at +2 is compulsory.

And if you want to do BSc it's completely depends on you.
But I will never suggest to leave B.Tech after 3rd semester(mid of your second year) as it can ruin your career.

Last decision is yours

All the best !!!!

Regards
Sammy
22nd August 2012, 08:44 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop my engineering after 3rd sem and join B.Sc program as my future aim is to do MBBS? Can I get admission in MBBS after doing B.Sc as I do not have biology in 12th?

It would be a big mistake for you to drop out of Engineering because since you do not have the Biology, there is no possibility of doing MBBS. To be eligible for the MBBS course, you need biology as one of the subjects in 12th board. Therefore I would suggest to keep on going with the Engineering course and forget about MBBS. It is not possible in your case.

If you were really that interested in MBBS then why didn't you pick Biology in 12th. There is no point of doing B.Sc either because it does not help you in getting admission for the MBBS course. I hope you are not thinking about lateral entry in MBBS just like one in Engineering. Forget about it because there is no lateral entry in MBBS after completing B.Sc.

Therefore even if you complete B.Sc, you would still require to appear for the MBBS entrance exams like the PMT before you can get admission for the MBBS course. Besides it would be a very lengthy process to complete MBBS after B.Sc. It would take 3 years to complete B.Sc followed by another 5 years for the MBBS.

You have not mentioned the branch in which you are doing Engineering but despite that my recommendation is to continue pursuing B.Tech and stop thinking about MBBS because it is not a possibility for you.

B.Tech would also ensure a great future for you. If you had mentioned the branch, I would have pointed out some jobs related to that branch. However I would like to add that most branches of Engineering can get job in the Public Sector Undertakings (PSU).

All you need is at least 60 percent marks in the B.Tech.

Your age should be 21 to 30 years with some relaxation on upper age limit for the SC/ST students.

The process of getting job in PSU include

1) Written Test

2) Interview

Each PSU conducts its own written test and interview. The information about the PSU exam can be obtained through either leading newspapers in the country or the officia website of the Public Sector Undertakings.

Having a valid GATE score is also very handy. Because those who performs well in the GATE entrance exam are exempted from written test.

ISRO

DRDO

Indian Railways

BHEL

BEL

GAIL

NTPC

IOCL

HPCL

ONGC

HAL
15th March 2013, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

I am in an indian airforce and I want to become a raw agent . but I need some guidance because I have being serving the country from the last 17 years.
15th August 2013, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

should I drop a year to get admission to M.B.B.S as I don't got it on my first attemp or do B.Sc nursing from a govt.college????
29th March 2016, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have joined a IIT coaching but I failed the jee..I want to know sir that I may join a engineering colleges or I prepare for general competition which will be best?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?