30th June 2010, 02:56 PM
meenakshi yadav

Should I go for M.Tech in Biotech from IIT Kharagpur or M.Tech in Bioinformatics from DTU?

hi
this is meenakshi . I completed my B.tech in biotechnology only and qualified GATE . i am confused whether to go for m.tech in biotech from iit kharagpur or m.tech in bioinfo from DTU. i donot want to go for research after m.tech. please help me out .

9th August 2011, 12:34 AM
maximumscore

Default Re: Should I go for M.Tech in Biotech from IIT Kharagpur or M.Tech in Bioinformatics from DTU?

It will better to do the M.Tech in Biotech in iit kharagpur. that will give you IIT may be more popular than the DTU.So i think it will better for your future.but mind it do not take any disicion suddenly.
best of luck.
9th August 2011, 12:17 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: Should I go for M.Tech in Biotech from IIT Kharagpur or M.Tech in Bioinformatics from DTU?

If you have qualified your GATE exam then you must go to the IIT's for your M.Tech. As many of the students appear the GATE exams just to get their M.Tech. degree from some IIT institution after doing B.Tech. from some other college or university.

So, IIT Kharagpur will be the best option. As you are a girl many of them are not so much career conscious as much the boys are and some times it is not easy to stay away from home like if you are a Delhite, then you can also go for DTU just to get your M.Tech. and get a good job as DTU also have good placements.

Also, people don't go to IIT's just for the research purpose, but certainly if someone is interested in research then he/she should opt for no less than IIT's.
13th July 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I have done B.Sc in Chemistry,M.Sc. in Biochemistry & now I am doing M.Tech in Applied Botany from IIT Kharagpur.So, can I get a good placement after finishing my M.Tech ?
13th July 2012, 06:23 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Go for DTU
This is because many of people don't know that IIT's popularity is going down.
DTU is the best institute which offers better packages and placement opportunities than IIT so go for DTU

All the best..!!
13th July 2015, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

I am getting biotechnology branch in iit kharagpur b.tech m.tech 5 years. and electronics and communication engg in jamia millila islamia. i am very confused which one to choose. plz suggest for my better future.
Md Faraz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?