24th June 2018, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in NEET to study BAMS after completing 12th Science?

Hello everyone, I am studying in 12th standard right now with Science stream. I want to study BAMS after my 12th. So, I have to appear in NEET. Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible. Waiting for your response!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study BAMS after completing BSc(Computer Science)?
  2. Detailed information about NEET for 12th Science candidate?
  3. How to get admission in BAMS course? Should I apply for NEET? Seats available in India for it?
  4. Is NEET exam compulsory for BAMS or we can get admission through MHT CET?
  5. From which Board I should study 12th to purse Medical if completed 10th from ICSE Board? Do I have to appear in NEET-UG?
  6. Can I apply for NEET exam after completing 12th with Arts stream?
  7. Preparation tips for 12th science and NEET? Books for preparation of JEE Mains & Advanced?
  8. Am I eligible for NEET after completing 12th with PCB? Minimum age limit for NEET? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How can I get a job after completing BAMS course? What is the pay scale after completing BAMS course?
  10. What course should I pursue to become a Surgeon? How much should I score in CET and what process should I adapt?
  11. How can I prepare to qualify in Both 12th Board exam and NEET-UG?
  12. Can I study BCom(Computer Application) after completing 12th Science? -- [New]
  13. Can I fill NEET-II form to get MBBS, BAMS or BHMS admission with 66.15% in 12th and scored 68 marks in CET being an ST candidate?
  14. How to study Neurosurgery course after 12th with Science? Will I have to qualify NEET exam?
  15. Am I eligible to study B.Sc in Nautical Science after completing Diploma in Nautical Science?
  16. Can I apply for AFMC entrance exam and NEET to study MBBS if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  17. Chances to get admission in Veterinary Science through NEET? Cut off marks for it?
  18. NEET previous years question papers? I am a 12th science student
25th June 2018, 12:59 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in NEET to study BAMS after completing 12th Science?

Yes, now admission in most of the institutes in medical courses are conducted on the basis of NEET score or rank.

So, you have to appear and qualify in the examination for admission in BAMS course.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper with minimum 50%.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th June 2018, 05:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in NEET to study BAMS after completing 12th Science?

No, you need not to appear in NEET entrance exam if you want to pursue BAMS course. The University of your state will conduct its own BA MS entrance examination.
NEET is for MBBS and BDS courses only.
25th June 2018, 07:48 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NEET is conducted for admission in medical course in government and private colleges.

The examination is conducted by CBSE. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in board examination.

In most of the institute admission in BAMS course is conducted only after qualifying in NEET examination.
25th June 2018, 10:25 PM
xJhinukx

To study Ayurvedic Medical Sciences, you must pass 10+2 or equivalent qualification, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as main subjects.
Process of admission to the course may vary across institutes. Some institutes conduct their own entrance exams ,while some select students on the basis of their score at the 10+2 level alone.
Institutes like Dr DY Patil university Mumbai, BHU, NITs conduct their own entrance exams.
So , no, it is not necessary for you to appear in NEET if you want to do a course in BAMS.
25th June 2018, 11:15 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery. Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery is an undergraduate Ayurvedic course. The duration of this course is five years. For this course candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board. As per my knowledge, yes you should appear in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test to study BAMS after completing 12th Science.
26th June 2018, 09:07 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you don't have to appear in NEET examination for pursuing BAMS course after completion of your 12th standard with Science stream. NEET examination is conducted for offering admissions only in MBBS and BDS courses. For getting admission in BAMS course, you have to appear in entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university and there may be group discussion and interview for offering admission to candidates in BAMS course.
26th June 2018, 01:30 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery) is a graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 5 years.

The basic eligibility required for studying this course is a 10+2 in PCB from any recognized board.

The admissions are given based on the entrance exam conducted by the different states & universities. Some of the entrance exams are NEET, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET, Assam CEE, KLEU AIET and etc., exams.
There are very few universities which give direct admission based on the previous years performance.

So, most of the universities give admissions based on the entrance exam results. You need to attend any entrance exam for getting admission into BAMS course.
26th June 2018, 08:01 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and it is conducted by CBSE every year for admission in medical courses in government and private institutes.

Yes admission in most of the medical courses ( MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS etc ) is conducted on the basis of score in NEET examination.

To get detail for admission procedure you can visit at official website of institute.

The required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

For more information regarding the examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?