3rd February 2018, 12:52 PM
surekha104

Whether domicile certificate is required at the time of apply for NEET exam?

I have passed class 10th, 11th and 12th from Rajasthan. My parents are not from Rajasthan but living from last three years. Do I have to show domicile for applying for the 85% quota in NEET in Rajasthan?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get West Bengal Domicile Certificate for NEET if completed 12th from Delhi but born in West Bengal?
  2. Which court should we apply for Domicile certificate? Which documents do they want?
  3. Whether Domicile Certificate and Residence Certificate are same or not?
  4. Is it necessary to get Delhi domicile certificate, if my parents belongs to Uttar Pradesh domicile?
  5. What does Domicile mean? How should I get the domicile certificate?
  6. How to obtain the domicile certificate for MBA CET? How long it takes to obtain? From where to get the application form of domicile certificate?
  7. What is the domicile criteria for MBBS entrance exam in Assam?
  8. How could I get the Domicile Certificate?
  9. How to apply for domicile certificate in Andheri, Mumbai of Maharashtra state?
  10. What is the difference between residence certificate and domicile certificate?
  11. How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?
  12. Do I need to renew my OBC certificate if my certificate is 1 year old? What all documents are required? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Is it compulsory to have domicile certificate to take admission in Mumbai college?
  14. List of documents required to apply for MPSC/UPSC exams
  15. Is domicile certificate required for admission in graduation courses?
  16. Am I eligible for domicile of UP, if completed studies in Delhi but parents from UP?
  17. Will there be any problem for me for IBPS exam, if got domicile from MP and SC caste certificate from Maharashtra?
  18. Domicile or Residence, which certificate is required for admission in Class 11th in Maharashtra?
9th February 2018, 09:51 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Whether domicile certificate is required at the time of apply for NEET exam?

While filling up application form online, you do need to upload Domicile certificate.

But during counselling process, you will have to submit domicile certificate to get benefits of 85% reservation quota seats in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

NEET 2018 notification is yet to be released.
9th February 2018, 11:51 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether domicile certificate is required at the time of apply for NEET exam?

A student can appear in two states for 85% quota seats of that state. Only required eligibility criteria is the Domicile of that State.

This Multiple Domicile system has ruined a year of not few but many medical aspirants of states like UP & Rajasthan. Even after scoring 550+ marks in NEET students are not able to fetch a MBBS seat in their native states. At one place a student doesn't get even a single seat and on the other place next persons blocks 3 seats - 2 via 85% quota two states and 1 via 15% All India Quota and at the end of the day we all know that 1 seat is going to be occupied by 1 candidate. Due to this situation there occurs loss of 2 deserving students who did the equal hardwork and burned the midnight oil to every extent they could.
10th February 2018, 09:41 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the requirement of domicile certificate at the time of NEET application then there is no such requirement and the application form can be filled by providing general information as required in the application form.

All the documentation work and verification are done at the time of admission.

For more details and FAQs regarding NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
10th February 2018, 06:49 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by surekha104 View Post
I have passed class 10th, 11th and 12th from Rajasthan. My parents are not from Rajasthan but living from last three years. Do I have to show domicile for applying for the 85% quota in NEET in Rajasthan?
Domicile certificate will not be required for NEET. Since NEET is a National level medical entrance exam, the applicants will not be required to submit their domicile certificate for All India Quota seats offered by NEET 2018 counselling. However, for the remaining 85% Quota seats which will be filled by the counselling session held by the respective States, domicile certificates have to be submitted during the State counselling.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?