28th November 2018, 05:27 AM
Unregistered

Should I start preparation for UPSC-IAS recruitment being a 9th student?

Respected Sir, I am studying in 9th standard and my aim is to prepare for UPSC-IAS recruitment. I would like to know that shall I start preparation for this recruitment from now onwards? Please help me to know about this immediately.

29th November 2018, 08:53 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I start preparation for UPSC-IAS recruitment being a 9th student?

To be eligible for appearing in IAS Exam, you should have completed graduation in any field. As you are just in 9th standard, so it would be too early to start preparations for IAS Exam.

You can start preparation for IAS when you reach in graduation stage.

As of now, you can build up your habits/interests that will definitely help you when you start preparation for IAS Exam.

Start reading newspapers daily, develop your curiosity in learning about your surroundings and be aware about what is happening in country and the world.

These all will help you to crack IAS Exam.
29th November 2018, 11:27 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Should I start preparation for UPSC-IAS recruitment being a 9th student?

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts CSE(Civil Services Examination) for recruitment of IAS, IPS, IFS, IES and other Group A and B jobs in central government.
Eligibility to appear in UPSC CSE is
>Candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan or other recognized by central government.
>Candidate must have passed Bachelor degree in any disciple from any recognized university.
>Candidate must be of age 21-32 years.

It will be too early for you to think about preparation of UPSC CSE examination.
UPSC CSE is one of the toughest examination in the world. So, to crack it number of factors come in role such as strategy, environment, friend circle etc.
NCERT books from 6th to 12th standard is very important.

At present, you should focus only on the syllabus of school and if you get any extra time then you should try to make habit of reading newspaper, nobles, books which will be very helpful for you in near future.
29th November 2018, 03:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The minimum academic qualification required for exam is bachelor's degree. So, a long way to go for this exam for you.

As 6th to 12th NCERTs are extremely helpful in this exam, your focus should be on science and social studied subjects.

Foundation is required. You must study with clarity of concepts. In simple word, you can start preparation. Starting read newspaper of your choice.
29th November 2018, 06:40 PM
K.bharti
Junior Member+

Yes why not... earlier you will be prepared for Upsc the more possibilities you get to be selected...
You should work on basic study UPSC civil exam along with your school study
29th November 2018, 11:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you desire to be an I.A.S Officer then you can start preparation for the examination.

From now till completion of bachelor degree you have sufficient time to do preparation. So with a proper guidance and regular study for few hours you will study to qualify in examination.

You can make habit of reading newspaper, NCERT books and writing practice on various topics. These are the fundamental for the preparation.
30th November 2018, 12:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can start the preparation for examination but just focus on the basics of preparation from now.

Some of the basic to start preparation for the UPSC Civil Service Examination.

* Reading English Newspaper.

* Go through the Current Events and keep yourself updated.

* NCERT books from Std VI - XIITH of Social Studies and Science are mandatory.

* Improve your writing skills and improve your hand writing.

These are the basic which is must required to qualify in the UPSC Civil Service Examination.
13th March 2019, 07:31 PM
Meg24

Being a 8th standard student it is too early to start preparing for Upsc.
Your short term goal Should be to score very well in your 10th board and then choose subjects which will.help.you score your best in Upsc.
I appreciate your keen interest towards upsc since such a young age but the time is yet to arrive.
Go for arts in 11-12th so that your basics becomes stronger .
30th March 2019, 09:32 AM
Quikri

I appreciate your eagerness to start preparing for upscWe exams as early as possible ,but 9th standard is too early to prepare for it.
The official Upsc notification mentions that a candidate having completed his graduation in any stream from a recognised Indian University can apply for the exam provided he is 21 years of age.

So the stream of graduation doesn't matter to Upsc as long as you have a degree and you are in the age bracket.
I suggest you to first complete your 10th board with good marks and pursue a degree of your choice.
Meanwhile you can start reading the Ncerts in your free time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?