17th November 2010, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Software jobs for Mechanical Engineers?

I finished my mechanical engineering degree lasy year .i got trained in software like pro-e ,catia in tvs harita techserve bangalore . So i want job related to this pl sir

17th November 2010, 12:07 PM
Satwinderpal Singh Sandhu

Default Re: Software jobs for Mechanical Engineers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I finished my mechanical engineering degree lasy year .i got trained in software like pro-e ,catia in tvs harita techserve bangalore . So i want job related to this pl sir
what u want to do software job better take job in navy
17th November 2010, 12:26 PM
lakveldi

ya my friend who is studied in karunya coimbatore B.E (mech). he got appointed in infosys.Only skills needed.B.E mech is not a barrier for IT field.
17th November 2010, 12:50 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

first of all as a mechanical engineering student why you want to do job in software field? as a mechanical engineering student you should work in mechanical core company. a great scope and opportunity is available in mechanical core company for mechanical engineering student.

but if you are interested to do job in software field then you may do it. but some institution never allow mechanical engineering student in software company in their on campus recruitment. in this case you have to find out job from outside by own.

there is no rules that software company will not recruit mechanical engineering student. if you have good knowledge on computer and if you are able to compete with other stream student then surely you will be selected for software company.

best of luck.
17th November 2010, 01:01 PM
mishra245

As you are mechanical engineer there is some jobs in the field of software engineering.
You can job in CAD/CAM software as software engineers apply on the click here.
There is more jobs for you.
17th November 2010, 01:14 PM
Satwinderpal Singh Sandhu

Quote:
i think first fill interviews in software company as ur interest as=nd also fill another interviews u may get job in software company if you appear to b eligible for them u will be surely selcted
17th November 2010, 01:59 PM
neethubobby

hey hi
well it is surprising that you being from a mechanical field want to take up a software career.Well its not impossible,as long as you are adept with one or more software languages and are very much interested in software engineering.A strong knowledge about computer is needed for which you need to put extra effort as you are from the mechanical background.
all the very best
17th November 2010, 02:16 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Software jobs for Mechanical Engineers?

Quote:
mechanical is one of the best engineering branch which has full of job availability not only in private sector but also in government sector .
i think you are going wrong side .you should have tried to find job related to your branch. you can try for ies which is very reputed post.

but if had already decided to join software jobs then i want to inform you that you will have to try from outside because no any institute allow their mechanical students to sit in the post for their computer science/it student.

you can however work as a software engineer if you have good programming knowledge and have the ability to design software.for this you should know some fundamental programming languages like -c,c++,.net,java ,oracle e.t.c

now its on you what to do ?
23rd November 2010, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

I Finished my B.E(MECH) ..thinking of doing catia or pro E SOFTWARE Course . do i get good salary jobs
28th November 2010, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Actually i had completed B.e in mechanical i want to do software can u suggest which i must do for get job in banglore
1st January 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

I pursuing my Btech degree in Mechanical Engineering from WBUT. I will be pass-out in 2011.What should I do to get jobs?
10th January 2011, 07:22 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: Software jobs for Mechanical Engineers?

Quote:
Dear friend,
There are many opportunity in software industry for CSE or IT students,very few options are there for any other stream in software...
You should go for your stream of job...
13th February 2011, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

i just finished my OND in mechanical engineering,bt am aving choice issue btw production&manufacturing engr and powerplant engr. Pls advice me sir
14th February 2011, 03:22 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend
it doesnt mean that you have to take jobs in mechanical field only
its your wish to go to any IT sector
I also want to inform you that there are plenty of jobs in IT sector for you...
AT first you make account in NAUKRI.COM, TIMESJOB and MONSTER.COM.
from this sites you will get plenty of offers in IT in off campussing,,,
SO best of luck...........
14th February 2011, 11:27 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see,as you are belongs to Mechanical Engineers,so you have to do given Short term courses to get software jobs

1.J2EE.

2.J2ME.

3.JAVA.

4.NETWORKING.

5.Oracle.

6.dbms.

etc.

all the best..............
14th February 2011, 02:42 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

As a mechanical engineering student you can join various software companies because there is no rules that software company will not recruit mechanical engineering student.So definitely you can go for this.

Best of luck.....
14th February 2011, 04:32 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Software jobs for Mechanical Engineers?

dear friend yes you can sit in any software company because all software not taken mechanical but some software taken all branches.some company name is given there.
1.CTS
2.CAPGEMINI
3.POLARIS
4.SAPIENT.
5.PATNI COMPUTERS
THESE ARE SOFTWARE COMPANY WHICH HAVE TAKEN MASS RECRUITMENT.AND THIS TYPE OF SO MANY COMPANY IN WHICH YOU CAN SIT.
14th February 2011, 08:45 PM
gurpreetrodger

u can join the firms which make designs for other or for their on with cad cam sofwares
15th February 2011, 05:40 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Since most of the work these days is done by computer whatever may be field
so itis good that you have additional course. You can apply in caterpiller or in automobile industries like maruti, tata etc.
16th February 2011, 08:23 AM
arunpulsar

Hi!
many software engineers are from mechanical major only..
The companies recruit students depending upon the communication skill only not what major they are...
then they train up the students in their company itself....
so there is no barrier for a mechanical student for a software job
16th February 2011, 03:28 PM
Ankur agrawal

first u complete ur course materail then find out u r how much capable to do job in IT sector then find out the job in related technology and got the chance to interview
16th February 2011, 05:28 PM
momeen

I suggest you to look for a job in your firm rather than jumping into software because of the complexity that Mechanical itself is a good field for career making, and shifting to software would ask you day by day to update your technologies, where in mechanical has a rapid growth once you learn it and work upon it.
18th February 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

hai..
as per you are from mechanical background they are relatively like chances in both technical as wall as mechanical fields.
Doing MBA would definitely benefit you keeping in view your career growth. to shift into IT you need to endorse several technologies and to the present day relevant technology would be dotnet, java and oracle...
3rd March 2011, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

As TCS and WIpro are mass recruiter i 'll definitely get a job in those through campas recruitment. At the same time core companies recruits only 3-4 students each so being in MECHANICAL background I have better chance of getting recruited in IT company. As per our university rule if I got selected in software they wont allow me to sit for more than 2 core. To be frank I am not at all clear with programming, not even C C . Now if I get recruited in TCS, I think they may fire me after some months and if not I wont have any chance of a good career there. But If I dont go for IT, there is less than 10% chance for me to get recruited at core while I really love core mechanical engg. CGPA 7.2 they wont take...... What should I do?
11th May 2011, 05:44 PM
sharath6242

Quote:
As TCS and WIpro are mass recruiter i 'll definitely get a job in those through campas recruitment. At the same time core companies recruits only 3-4 students each so being in MECHANICAL background I have better chance of getting recruited in IT company. As per our university rule if I got selected in software they wont allow me to sit for more than 2 core. To be frank I am not at all clear with programming, not even C C . Now if I get recruited in TCS, I think they may fire me after some months and if not I wont have any chance of a good career there. But If I dont go for IT, there is less than 10% chance for me to get recruited at core while I really love core mechanical engg. CGPA 7.2 they wont take...... What should I do?
.......Ill suggest u take the risk and try for mech core jobs........ Even i was in ur condition few months back and took wipro........... I am more stressed after that as i hav no interest in software field...........I din get core comp also......... but am taking a bold decision , takin risk an rejecting offer letter of wipro an try off-campus or try fo mtech or else..... i felt i can work for a 10-15k jobs in mech core an try mba or gre in a year of time.......... software field has no stability durin economic fluctations........
Job is fo salary an satisfaction in life........ not salary alone.........

31st May 2011, 08:26 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

well it is surprising that you being from a mechanical field want to take up a software career.Well its not impossible,as long as you are adept with one or more software languages and are very much interested in software engineering.A strong knowledge about computer is needed for which you need to put extra effort as you are from the mechanical background
11th July 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
First work in small companies,learn work like fits,tolerances,drafting,concept drawings,engineering drawing,machine drawing,bill of materials,it will take minimum 6 months for u to learn, this will through ur experience only,don't go to mnc's right now,

choose proe,
catia----aerospace
11th July 2011, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

in mechanical engineering initial stages salary will less,after gaining experience ur pack will more,dont compare ur salarys with soft ware people.

we have to learn work first
12th July 2011, 02:01 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The decision to start a career in the software field should not be taken in a hurry. Once you get into the IT field, then changing to a new career will be difficult. Since you have completed your mechanical engineering it is always better to stick to your skill set. The amount of money that you will be getting will be low in the beginning, but once you gain experience money will flow towards you. If you still insist on joining any of the IT companies, then you need to send them the resumes or get in touch with their Hr department to get placed and to start a career.
14th July 2011, 12:39 AM
shekhar.379

Hi dear,

first of all as a mechanical engineering student why you want to do job in software field? as a mechanical engineering student you should work in mechanical core company. a great scope and opportunity is available in mechanical core company for mechanical engineering student.

but if you are interested to do job in software field then you may do it. but some institution never allow mechanical engineering student in software company in their on campus recruitment. in this case you have to find out job from outside by own.

there is no rules that software company will not recruit mechanical engineering student. if you have good knowledge on computer and if you are able to compete with other stream student then surely you will be selected for software company.

Thanks
12th August 2011, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

I am Raju. passed out 2009 in mechanical engineering. i am working as a service engineer in construction equipment for past 2 years.Can i go for the design field after my experince in service field?please suggest..
17th August 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Studied software got job in mechanical sector can i continue
26th August 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Software jobs for Mechanical Engineers?

Quote:
require a good job in designing in stream of mechanical engineering
22nd December 2011, 04:42 AM
Unregistered

hi.. i am working as a maitenance engineer and i am having 3 years of experience in project and maitenance.. now i want change my line to design field by doing catia or pro e.. can anybody suggest me will it be fine for my career growth
[email protected]
27th December 2011, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

my daughter completed mechanical engineering. what is your suggestiion
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?