25th June 2010, 09:19 PM
poulami paul

Is it easy for electrical engineers to get software jobs in IT industry?

what is the future of a electrial engineer in software field or in any core sector?

25th June 2010, 10:08 PM
sandy B

Default Re: Is it for electrical engineers to get software jobs in IT industry?

hello friend, software jobs can get any branch of engineering.so there have no such kind of of limitation that electrical student can't appear or can't get software jobs..
26th June 2010, 01:03 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

no, dear
electrical engineers are too demanded in software industry as well .

There's nothing to worry of that kind .
definitely !!! , electrical engineers can submit the placements papers in companies such as oracle , java , TCS , wipro , infosys , L&T , Tech mahindra , persistents , CTS , etc. ,offering software jobs such as software developers , etc.

but you need to satisfy some criteria's to pass get into the companies such as

~you need to pass your graduation with cgpa over 7 or post graduation over 6.6 on a 10 pointer scale .

~you also must have knowledge of some basis languages such as C, C++, Java, Oracle, VB, Qbasic, FoxPro, etc.

but the above criteria's are not at all a difficult one to satisfied by an electrical engineering student .

as such opportunities are never less in electrical field as well .

so, you need to be decisive and choose for the best .!

for more details about the placement records , you can also contact your college authorities.

you can also visit http://www.yuvajobs.com for having a knowledge about placement papers .

best of luck
26th June 2010, 01:12 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

dear there is no banned over the electrical engineers to not get in software jos. as engineering is conn ected to all other eng feilds in any way . so tere is vast placements for electrical eng throughout the world in software sectors.
26th June 2010, 01:20 AM
leo1990

In case if you want to get into It discipline with ELectrical engg. degree it might get tuff for you because Core it guys may be preferred over you, due to their advanced knowledge and more experince!

But no need to get low, enroll yourself for computer courses and get familiar to the subject and its depth!
Dont forget everything is co-related and go hand in hand , if lucky you can get a job in software company for your electrical knowledge!!

Try your luck,
the leo.
26th June 2010, 01:50 AM
amit.2186

If you want to get into a software fields or want to do job in software core companies then my friend you must have studied computer science & engineering branch, elctrical branch students are coming in softwares just doing a simple course from outside but software companies is only for computer students might be possible that you will face a problem while doing work in software companies so i would suggest you to stand with your electrical branch and try for electrical fields ...
26th June 2010, 02:07 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yes Sandy is right. You can join a software industry with any branch. It doesnt matter. The future is very bright of an electrical engineer. There are so many companies these days who want electrical engineers.

And since you asked about the software industry. Yeah you can join a software industry after you BTech depending on you GPA. Better do some parttime course of computers just to learn the basics
26th June 2010, 07:32 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is it for electrical engineers to get software jobs in IT industry?

dear friend

a student of any engineering can join software field .

electrical engineering is a core branch but still there two options 4 u

u can join software as well as core.

but why do u want to join software ?

software market situation is not healthy right now.

IT firms are sacking no. of engineers everyday.

there is a lot scope in core field.

u can apply 4

industries(bhel,sail,jindal industries etc)

power plants(ntpc,dvc,dpl,nhpc,etc)

railway

power grid

communication center

defence

a lot of new powe plants are under construction which will give u a huge scope .

so keep on checking employment news.

all the best.
26th June 2010, 07:43 AM
emmanpaul1984

YES bOTH ARE SAYING CORRECTLY,I AM HAVING SO MANY FRIENDS COMLETED COURCES IN ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL DEPARTMENT NOW WORKING IN IT INDUSTRY
26th June 2010, 10:17 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it easy for electrical engineers to get software jobs in IT industry?

First we need to understand that software engineering has nothing to do with your engineering stream. For doing software engineering career, what you basically need is logical and analytical skills and then knowledge of programming languages like Java or C+ or other areas like oracle, SAP and so on. So nothing stops you from pursuing software engineering. But if you target software firms who work in delivering IT solutions to electrical industry like electical circuit designing software etc, may be you can use both your electrical engineering knowledge as well as software programming skills.
26th June 2010, 11:36 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it easy for electrical engineers to get software jobs in IT industry?

dear friend

Yes, electrical engineers will also join or get a software jobs in IT industry. If you will perform well in your graduation degree, then definately you will get jobs in IT industry.

There are very wide career of electrical engineers, they will get better jobs. After completing this course you will get jobs in in atomic power plants, hydroelectric power plants,thermal power plants and as well as in computer networks. So, please dont worry
you will definately get jobs in IT industry..........
26th June 2010, 01:55 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello dear,

Yes, of course there are ample career aspects for electrical engineers in the field of core branch jobs as well as the IT industry.

There are many core companies in our country recruiting fresh graduates each year. Just always check out the notifications of jobs through the newspapers,magazines or the internet.
And be prepared for the relative exam and interviews.

If you wish to go in the IT field, you have to be well acquainted with computer languages and basics. So in that case, go for some career oriented courses from reputed institutes like NIIT,SMU etc.

The rest depends on you what way you want to go..

All the best and good luck!
26th June 2010, 02:30 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

hi,
career is your own stage of evolvement. it jobs is at heavy demand right now.
they even take mechanical,you are too eligible.
26th June 2010, 04:12 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

HAI
All engineers can apply for software jobs. They only look for the high grade marks that is minimum 90%. If you have scored this range, then you can go for it. They will conduct an interview.If you are qualified then they will take you there.
ANYWAY I PRAY TO GOD FOR THE BEST TO COME.
BYE
5th July 2010, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

yes people are right
5th July 2010, 12:44 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Electrical engg. is one of the best branch of engg. field. If you want to get software jobs in IT industry then the electrical engg. is best for you because many IT industries need electrical engg. Also an electrical engg. can apply for any computer jobs related interview but a computer engg can'nt apply for the jobs related to electrical field.
10th July 2010, 04:21 PM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulami paul View Post
what is the future of a electrial engineer in software field or in any core sector?
Yes...It is easy for an Electrical Engineer to get placed in Software field. IT industry is recruiting all the students irrespective of their disciplines. Basics in C and C++ alone is enough for a person to enter IT industry. Then they will be allotting a stream project only after sufficient trainings and tests. So, no matter what department you belong to, its merely on your performance. All the best!!!!!!!!
13th July 2010, 06:44 PM
Senior Member+++

yes it is easy for a eletrical engg to get placed on software field
you must have a good experiance in the relevant field
15th July 2010, 04:28 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

the most essential is the way you see the standard of work ,you can do after becoming engg.
as,because of an electrical engg. post,does not means that it finds synonym with software jobs.
so,go ahead
15th August 2010, 07:55 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes. it is easy for electrical engineers to get software jobs in IT industry.

as any branch of engg student can join in IT industry.

but to join in IT industry, you need some basic idea about abot computer programming languages.

all the best......
27th September 2010, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

I'm an Electrical Engineer, currently working in KPO as a Engineer in Customer Support, I have good experience in using 3D modeling software like Solid Works and AutoCAD. I want to get into a big company where I could utilize my skills and get paid high, but I have poor acedemics. Is there any chance for people like me to get into a Big company and Earn high..?.
3rd October 2010, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

ya its easy if u r strong in basic computer languages with latest update in it. i think u can try in your stream itself. because if u engage in u r field means it will be easy to show u r full interest in it.
13th October 2010, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

hi I am an electrical engineer fresher,i got testing domain (but I like development) in Cts and joined before 10 days.now Igot offer from ibm also,i want to join core companies,I don't know to take decision ,pls help me
25th October 2010, 06:26 PM
mseetharamster

Electrical Engineers can get jobs in both fields and can settle as electrical engineers and software professionals.
You can get jobs in research centers like ISRO etc., also
26th October 2010, 02:36 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,
Electrical engineers are eligible for IT industry. They are recruited by top companies like TCS, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Cognizant, etc.
17th November 2010, 08:32 PM
lakveldi

EEE STUDENTS are same as ece.try to attend more interviews like tcs,cts,etc at the end of this december and also electrical engineeers are mostly wanted in abroad.Try if u have any relatives in abroad or refer any consultancy.
24th November 2010, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

thanks
27th November 2010, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my M.Tech (electrical background) with 7.5 cgpa in 2010
B.tech with 62% in 2006, 10 2 with 61% in 2002, 10th with 65% in 2000
NO INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE AND have 2 yrs gap between B.tech and M.tech
i have knowledge of C-language
i am interested to go for software field having the challenging and better growth

SOFTWARE TESTING (or)
SAP ABAP(as a fresher (or) by removing m.tech and keeping fake 3 exp ) (or)
JAVA/.NET (AS A FRESHER)
which is better for me
30th November 2010, 03:19 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
Core field is obviously a good option as compare to software.
But software is a field where every one can enter for that one must have some exposure about programming language.

Because all the thing one will learn during training before all remain equal.

In core field money is less in start as compare to software but have bright future in core as one get expirence of 2-3 year.
30th November 2010, 03:24 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm an Electrical Engineer, currently working in KPO as a Engineer in Customer Support, I have good experience in using 3D modeling software like Solid Works and AutoCAD. I want to get into a big company where I could utilize my skills and get paid high, but I have poor acedemics. Is there any chance for people like me to get into a Big company and Earn high..?.
As you have expirence under your belt it will play key role as compare to your acedamics.
Search job according your expirence and big brands really need expirenced people so you have good opportunity there. Search job according your skills on job sites like naukri, monster and timesjob that will help you in finding good jobs.
30th November 2010, 03:28 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
hi I am an electrical engineer fresher,i got testing domain (but I like development) in Cts and joined before 10 days.now Igot offer from ibm also,i want to join core companies,I don't know to take decision ,pls help me
As you like core field but both CTS and IBm are software company and very reputed company.
But IBM is better then CTS if you have no bond then you can switch to IBM.
While doing job you can find any core company which can hire you on the basis of you expirence in corporate world.
30th November 2010, 03:32 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
i have completed my M.Tech (electrical background) with 7.5 cgpa in 2010
B.tech with 62% in 2006, 10 2 with 61% in 2002, 10th with 65% in 2000
NO INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE AND have 2 yrs gap between B.tech and M.tech
i have knowledge of C-language
i am interested to go for software field having the challenging and better growth

SOFTWARE TESTING (or)
SAP ABAP(as a fresher (or) by removing m.tech and keeping fake 3 exp ) (or)
JAVA/.NET (AS A FRESHER)
which is better for me
Fake thing are never good for your career so better to show genuine reason like i am preparing for gate during two year gap.

Software testing is also good field you can try there and can also enter in the field of teaching as you are Mtech.
8th December 2010, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

why do u choose software company
16th December 2010, 11:39 PM
Garima Khandelwal

Quote:
Truly saying, its not easy for electrical engg to get software jobs because your core is hardware and IT sector needs software student. Electrical engg have their own importance.
13th January 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

IT sector is good ..i was selected in reputed software company..but then what will be the importance of my electrical degree ..then i prepaired for 1 yr then got job in a electrical power transmission company..allways try to hold ur own stream..dont run aftr money...
14th January 2011, 06:29 PM
rihhu
Member+

hi there is no limitation on this if you have in software job then you can apply for ir dont worry
and there is every chance that you can get into it
all the best
good luck
24th February 2011, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

hi sir i am n.m sharma ,i am pursuing m.tech final year electrical power engineering ,i got 56.7% in b.tech(eee), 73.3% up to m.tech 1st year .now i want to enter into the software field.u suggest me which course better to enter into software field. and also i have 1 year gap after b.tech.
28th May 2011, 09:48 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
yes, electrical engg join software industry there is no such problem what you think?

all ennggineers have some basic idea about C,C++, etc
when you join in a company they will teach you.all facility given you.....
So you donot worry about this......
28th May 2011, 09:50 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
yes, electrical engg join software industry there is no such problem what you think?

all ennggineers have some basic idea about C,C++, etc
when you join in a company they will teach you.all facility given you.....
So you donot worry about this......
28th September 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

sir i am amechanical engg. final year student my b.tech presentage is 66% upto 6 th sem and 12 presentage 78 % and 10 is 66% . So can i m apply for core companies?
30th September 2011, 08:32 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:

Yes if you belongs ot electrical engineering then you casn get a job in IT sector.Its not neccessary to have computer branch background for a software job.If you have knowledge about computer field and also if you are good in programming then you can get a good job in software comapany.You computer skills and computer knowledge will help you to get a good job.So you should apply for a job in IT field.There is so much scope and jobs are present in IT sector.

You can do a short term course and after that you can appply for a job.Short term course will help you to give more knowledge about computer field.

These are some courses are available for you related to computer field.

C

C++

Java

.Net

Php

Networking

All the best.
1st October 2011, 12:59 AM
coolsam.9

Hi dear,

no, dear
electrical engineers are too demanded in software industry as well .

There's nothing to worry of that kind .
definitely !!! , electrical engineers can submit the placements papers in companies such as oracle , java , TCS , wipro , infosys , L&T , Tech mahindra , persistents , CTS , etc. ,offering software jobs such as software developers , etc.

but you need to satisfy some criteria's to pass get into the companies such as

~you need to pass your graduation with cgpa over 7 or post graduation over 6.6 on a 10 pointer scale .

~you also must have knowledge of some basis languages such as C, C++, Java, Oracle, VB, Qbasic, FoxPro, etc.

but the above criteria's are not at all a difficult one to satisfied by an electrical engineering student .

as such opportunities are never less in electrical field as well .

so, you need to be decisive and choose for the best .!

for more details about the placement records , you can also contact your college authorities.

you can also visit http://www.yuvajobs.com for having a knowledge about placement papers .

Thanks
1st October 2011, 10:13 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

software jobs can get any branch of engineering.so there have no such kind of of limitationthat electrical student can't appear or can't get software jobs
2nd October 2011, 12:11 PM
meeeanki
Member+

dear friend

Yeah,why not ! electrical engineers will also join a IT industry. If you will perform well in C,C++,JAVA,DBMA then definately you will get jobs in IT industry.

why are you think so ,see very wide career of electrical engineers, you can get better jobs,After completing this course you can get job in Thermal, atomic,hydroelectric power plants, so on.............
as u wish
8th October 2012, 07:17 AM
Unregistered

iam a m.tech graduate(electrical stream) with 75.14% in 2011 passout. iam b.tech(eee) graduate in 2007 pass out. i want enter software which course is better for me
29th July 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

is it easy to enter in electronics job as a IT professional?
12th August 2013, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

can u plz tell me certification courses which will be benificial for a electrical engineer into a software industry
6th January 2014, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

HR question: As an electrical engg why should i hire you in software company? please answer (given: i have little bit idea about C )
7th December 2014, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

sir i am graduate in electrical (B.E.)2012 then work in industry for two year .nw my age is 28 .nw i would like to go in software industry .is it possible for me after getting knowledge of any language computer to go in software???
12th November 2022, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Because EEE branch is toughest and diversified in technology
Any field we can work not like CSE and IT it is waste of time
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?