9th September 2022, 08:31 PM
@DS

Steps to follow for getting closer to be an astronaut?

Hello, I'm Divyanshi Singh from India I have did my 12th with PCB stream in 2022 .I want to get guided in order to achieve my dream to become an astronaut. I have a deep passion for space and especially the MOON . You can call me crazy but it's really true.
Please help me to know what steps should I follow for getting closer to my dream . I wish that you won't ruin my dream . Please consider it and reply me plzz....

15th September 2022, 07:35 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to follow for getting closer to be an astronaut?

Procedure to become an astronaut:-

1) Create a plan that includes school and experience. Start with a career plan.
2) Get in peak physical shape. Astronauts are required to meet rigorous physical demands, so they must stay in shape.
3) Apply for NASA's candidate selection.
4) Train for flight etc.
16th September 2022, 11:08 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to follow for getting closer to be an astronaut?

As you have already chosen Science stream for 11th and 12th, after this you will have to complete graduation in Science or Engineering.

Then, in the final year of graduation you can apply for GATE exam. After getting good AIR in GATE exam, you can join ISRO on the basis of your GATE score.

ISRO also conducts its exams to recruit junior scientists, so you can appear for those entrance exams also in the final year of your graduation or after completing it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?