14th July 2018, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Steps to join Indian Air Force for BTech(Electrical Engineering) student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a student of BTech, studying with Electrical Engineering. I want to join Indian Air Force. Kindly let me know about the steps to join IAF for me. Waiting for your response!

Related Questions:
16th July 2018, 12:06 PM
careerrider

Thumbs up Re: Steps to join Indian Air Force for BTech(Electrical Engineering) student?

Steps or procedure to join B.Tech(Electrical and electronics) perhaps engineering graduate with any discipline is as follows.
1. Attend AFCAT exam Air force conman admission test which will be held twice a year in the month of August and January for the post of Flying branch officer,Ground duty officer and technical officer.

2. It consists two papers where one paper require knowledge of General awareness, Aptitude, logical reasoning and some knowledge related to aircraft.Second paper is EKT that is engineering knowledge test based on your discipleship in engineering like E&E, Mechanical , E&C etc.

3. After clearing both the exams and undergoing training of 1 year you will be posted at various air force wing,
16th July 2018, 08:08 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join Indian Air Force for BTech(Electrical Engineering) student?

To join Indian Air Force being a B.Tech (Electrical Engineering) student, you have to appear in UPSC CDS examination. Eligibility criteria required to apply for UPSC CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline with Mathematics and Physics subjects at 12th standard from a Government recognised board.

3. Age Limit :- 19 to 24 years.

4. You should be an unmarried male candidate.

5. You should be physically as well as mentally healthy.
16th July 2018, 10:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join Indian Air Force for BTech(Electrical Engineering) student?

You can join Air Force through AFCAT or CDS as an officer.

The eligibility to appear for CDS examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have physics and mathematics at bachelor degree.

Age limit is 19-23 years.

For AFCAT entry :-

Candidate passed bachelor degree and have studied mathematics and physics in 12th are eligible to appear in examination. The age limit is 20-26 years.

You have to appear and qualify in two stages of examination for final selection through any entry.

For more information visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in or www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?