24th July 2016, 08:50 PM
anvesh56

Which stream is better between Highway and Transportation Engineering for Doing M.Tech?

Hello Sir, I want to pursue M.Tech so I want to know, which of the following stream is better between Highway or Transportation Engineering? I want to study Highway. Please suggest.

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  2. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  3. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  4. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  5. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT?
  7. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  8. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  9. Subject and question paper pattern in M.Tech Civil in Agra University?
  10. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  11. Which course has more demand in M.Tech for civil engineers?
  12. Which specialization is better for masters in civil engineering? Transportation or structures?
  13. Any chance to resume higher studies in ISRO after 5 years integrated course in B.Tech Civil Engineering and M.Tech in Transportation Engineering?
  14. Which branch should I prefer after B.E in production for PG?
  15. List of companies available to do internship in transportation engineering? -- [New]
  16. Highway Engineering Examination question papers
  17. List of specializations available to study in M.E. at Manipal University?
  18. What are the job opportunities in M.E transportation engineering?
26th July 2016, 12:46 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is better between Highway and Transportation Engineering for Doing M.Tech?

Both Highway Engineering and Transportation Engineering are the branches of Civil Engineering. Nowadays there is good scope of both the streams in the market. So my suggestion to you is that you should go for that particular stream in which you have your interest. In transportation engineering you will learn about planning, function design and safe operation for transporting goods and people. While in Highway engineering you will learn about planning, construction design for safe transportation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?