18th August 2016, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose after 10th in order to become a lawyer?

I am student of 10th class and I have already set my goal, what I want to do in future. I want to be lawyer. Could you please guide me which stream I should choose for this after 10th class?

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects should choose after 10th in order to become a lawyer and for doing Hotel Management course?
  2. Which stream to choose after 10th in order to do Journalism? Can I get admission in any college after 10th?
  3. Which stream do I have to choose to become a Lawyer?
  4. Which stream should I choose after 10th? Which stream has a better scope in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which stream should i choose after class 10 in Context of a better future prospective?
  6. What should I study in Higher Secondary to become a Lawyer if completed 10th RBSE?
  7. In order to pursue Interior Designing course which stream to choose after 10th Arts or Science?
  8. Which stream to choose to become a Lawyer? Will I have the privilege to choose the university myself? -- [New]
  9. Which stream to choose after 10th so as to do Journalism? List of the colleges in Mumbai where I can take admission?
  10. Which stream to choose after passing 10th with 70%? Is commerce better than Science stream?
  11. Which stream should I choose after completion of 10th class to get a Job with good income with interest in Mathematics?
  12. Which stream should I choose after 10th to become an Astronomer?
  13. Which stream should I choose for +1? I am in 10th standard now
  14. Which stream should I choose after 10th to be a Pilot if weak in Mathematics? Should I choose medical stream?
  15. Which stream to choose after completing 10th?
  16. Can I become a Lawyer after pursuing Graduation with Commerce stream? Which exam do I need to write to become a Lawyer?
  17. How to join Corporate sector after studying LLB?
  18. Which stream should I choose after passing 10th to become a dietician
18th August 2016, 08:14 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which stream to choose after 10th in order to become a lawyer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am student of 10th class and I have already set my goal, what I want to do in future. I want to be lawyer. Could you please guide me which stream I should choose for this after 10th class?
Well its good that you have already set a goal to become a Lawyer in your near future, in order to go for Lawyer course you can go for Humanities stream (focusing more on Political Science subject)which will help you a lot to boost your career in this field. After completing 10+2 with 50% minimum marks you can sit for entrance exam for Law which is CLAT held every year and according to your marks/merit you will be getting colleges for doing LLB course in India.
18th August 2016, 08:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to make you clear that there is no compulsion of any subject in the academics to be a lawyer.

Also to be a lawyer one need to have completed LLB ( Bachelor of Legislative Law ) degree course. Basically, on the basis of duration of course, LLB course is of two types which are as discussed below :-

I) LLB course of five years, for those who opts for the same course after their higher secondary school degree.

II) LLB course of three years, for those who opts for the same course after completing their graduation degree course.

Now as you have mentioned that you are determined to be a lawyer in the future so the best option for you will the LLB course of five years which will help you to learn the basics of same degree course from earlier stages and will also save an year of your academics.

Also to get quality education in LLB course you must look to get yourself admitted in NLUs ( National Law University ) by qualifying CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ).

For details about CLAT you can visit the link www.clat.ac.in.
18th August 2016, 08:42 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You can choose any stream in intermediate to make your career as lawyer. My suggestion to you is that you should go for Art stream, as it is easy one. After completion of your intermediate, you have to apply for "Common Law Admission Test". CLAT is conducted for admission in good college to pursue years integrated LLB course.
18th August 2016, 09:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As you are interested to become lawyer hence you can opt any stream in 11th and 12th but as per my suggestion it would be better for you to opt Arts stream in your intermediate to remain more focused on your Goal to become Lawyer. There is no specific stream required. After completion of your 12th you will have to pursue a 5 year degree LLB course.
18th August 2016, 11:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to become Lawyer after completing the class 10th:-

To become Lawyer, one has to do the law courses like LLB, LLM etc.

For doing this courses the candidate should pass class 12th in any stream from any recognised board or institute. After completed 12th, the candidate need to go for bachelor's degree in law course i.e.,L.L.B. in order in purse their carrier as lawyer.
19th August 2016, 12:40 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to pursue any course in 10th, 12th and in bachelor degree to become lawyer.

To become lawyer candidate need LLB degree. The course is of three year duration and eligibility to pursue course is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recongised university.

There is no age limit to pursue course. After LLB you can go for LLM course for higher degree.
19th August 2016, 12:53 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

To be a lawyer or advocate one of the respectable post in the law & order the basic requirement is a Bachelor of Legislative Law degree from a recognized university.

Also for pursuing the same course one needs to have completed his/her higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So it is quite evident from the above facts that their is no bonding of a particular stream for becoming lawyer and therefore you must opt for the stream which lies to your strength and in which you have a real interest.
16th February 2020, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

can you please say me what is art stream and what collages are available? and about what the art stream is?
26th June 2020, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

I want to become lawyer so can I choose mpc in intermediate? is it best option???
21st July 2020, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 10th after that there was a 9years gap .. Now I like to become lawyer what should I do as next step
26th July 2020, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

after grade tenth which subject is more important for me to become a layer
30th September 2020, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

After 12th by writing for civils exam is it easy to study law course? And which subject i want to study more in
bettwen 10 th ,10 2 th .
29th March 2021, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

I wanted to become a lawyer so can I choose MPC in intermediate?is it best option??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?