7th May 2016, 11:29 PM
admgk

Which stream to choose to become a Sailor or Officer in Indian Navy?

I am male and want to join indian navy as a salior or officer. Which stream should i choose to be a salior and for officer? Maximum age to join? Cgpa to join?

8th May 2016, 03:18 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to choose to become a Sailor or Officer in Indian Navy?

As, you have not given your present educational qualification it will be tough to suggest you the correct information.

But, if you have passed or pursuing in 10+2, you can appear for NDA if have mathematics and physics as main paper. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

For graduation passed you need to have bachelor degree in Mathematics/Physics or B.Tech/B.E. The age limit is 19-22 years.

Both examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year by UPSC. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th May 2016, 04:28 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to choose to become a Sailor or Officer in Indian Navy?

Candidates passed 10+2 in Science stream ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) are eligible to appear for NDA examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an Officer in Indian Navy.

The maximum age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years. Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB for final selection for the service.
8th May 2016, 05:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be an officer in the Indian Navy, basically you have two options out of which one is through the NDA/NA entrance examination and other is through CDS entrance examination.

NDA/NA stands for National Defense Academy / Naval Academy and CDS stands for Combined Defense Services. Also both these entrance examinations are held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board ( SSB ) interview.

For appearing in these examinations, you must satisfy the criteria given below :-

Nationality :-

For both the examination, you must be an Indian Citizen.

Educational qualification :-

For NDA :- You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with PCM group from a recognized institute.

FOR CDS :- You must have completed your bachelor degree course with either of Mathematics or Physics as main subject from a recognized institute.

Age limit:-

For NDA :- your age must be within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

For CDS :- Your age must be within 19 years to 22 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?