4th August 2011, 11:01 PM
pritpal singh dhillon

Which stream should I choose after 10th? Is it possible o choose commerce stream?

hello sir, i am weak in maths,please tell me what stream should i have to choose after 10 class. is it possible for me to choose COMMERCE stream.i want to become CA.what i have to do after10 class.please guide me sir.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I choose after 10th? Is it possible o choose commerce stream?
  2. Which stream should i choose? I have passed 10th standard with 85.27 % marks
  3. Which stream should i choose after class 10 in Context of a better future prospective?
  4. Should I choose commerce or science stream?
  5. Which stream should I choose after class 10th between commerce and non medical?
  6. Which stream to choose in 11th? Difference between commerce and science?
  7. Which stream should I choose after 10th? Which stream has a better scope in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What should I choose after graduation after completing my 10th with 63% and 12th in commerce stream
  9. Which stream should I choose if I hate Chemistry and have interest in Maths stream? How should I explain my parents about my interests?
  10. What are the best courses that I must enroll this coming school year to move to 11th standard?
  11. What are the best career options if I choose commerce stream after 10th?
  12. Is it good to choose arts stream in 11th? What are the career opportunities if we choose Arts Stream in 11th? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Is it true that there is no future in Commerce Field?
  13. How much percentage is needed for admission in class 11th?
  14. Which stream should I choose after completion of 10th class to get a Job with good income with interest in Mathematics?
  15. Detail about the courses that I can opt after 12th higher secondary?
  16. Which subject should I choose in 11th between Science and commerce? -- [New]
  17. What are the courses available after completing SSLC?
  18. Which stream should I choose for +1? I am in 10th standard now
5th August 2011, 12:50 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream should I choose after 10th? Is it possible o choose commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritpal singh dhillon View Post
hello sir, i am weak in maths,please tell me what stream should i have to choose after 10 class. is it possible for me to choose COMMERCE stream.i want to become CA.what i have to do after10 class.please guide me sir.
Dear Friend,

Is very nice to see that you want to become a CA.
If you interested in commerce stream then you should choose commerce.And it will be good choice, if you want to become a CA.
CA is a professional course in which you can in roll after your class 12th examination.For the CA course you have to give CPT examination.

Best Wishes....
5th August 2011, 08:38 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose after 10th? Is it possible o choose commerce stream?

hi dear
after 10th you can choose commerce there is no problem but you have to work hard for it.
if you are interested for c.a then you have to register first.
you can register from now after 10th. in c.a there are three level
cpt, pcc, & then final
cpt exam yopu can give after +2 or after just giving your +2 exam cpt exam is held twice in a year.
in cpt there is total 200 marks to pass you have to score 50% marks i.e 100.
after this you can join in pcc, after completing pcc, you can go for final group........

good luck........
5th August 2011, 09:07 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...if you are interested in taking commerce then you should surely go for it because there is not much of complicated mathematics involved in commerce its just simple arithmatic and which even and school children and can do so from that point of view you should not worry at all,
also you should have the zeal to pursue the course with interest because the concepts of the accounting subject are very different from that of the common perception so you should be very alert in knowing the basics just because you think that you are week in mathematics you can not leave the career option which is an dream for you and you are having real interest in.rather you should work hard and try to imptove your mathematics start right from the basics and may take time but still the results will be great for you
5th August 2011, 11:08 AM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Which stream should I choose after 10th? Is it possible o choose commerce stream?

Yes you can choose commerce stream in 11th std after 10th std.

C.A is good option for your life which would never falls. Since you are interested in maths you can choose commerce with business maths as your stream.

By the side you can do B.com or BBA in any good college.
5th August 2011, 11:57 AM
saurav9889

friend though commerce stream is very good but it also requires u to be good at maths bcoz accounts,economics,etc. have a considerable amount of mathematics associated with it. so if u are not comfortable with maths i would suggest u to opt for arts stream instead.
5th August 2011, 12:58 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which stream should I choose after 10th? Is it possible o choose commerce stream?

Hi friend,

If you are so interested in accounts and you want to do C.A., a never falling down field you can choose commerce as your stream in 11th std.

If you are not interested in taking maths here you have another option of taking commerce with computer science as your stream in 11th std in which you won't have maths as a subject. In another way also it will be beneficial for you. i.e. after doing 11th std you think you don't have interest in accounts you can change your path in software field by doing BCA or in management path by doing BBA.
5th August 2011, 02:17 PM
genius_911

Its fine that you are weak in maths but in commerce also there are mathematical applications in subjects like accountancy,etc.. so firstly confirm about this and then decide to choose commerce stream.. well you can be comfortable with your hard work to become a CA by improving the maths applicable in your commerce stream..
5th August 2011, 02:27 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

if you wanted to be doctor you must take biology. if you want to be an engineer you must choose maths. But if have not decided about your career you should take bio+maths.
many peoples prefer to be CA in future so to go in that field you should go for commerce+maths field .
there are also many more options available based on your curiosity.

11th class will bee totally different in terms of the subjects which you have studied
till yet.because in 11th class you will have totally new subjects ,those subjects will
not have sufficient relation with the subjects which you have studied upto 10th class.

Talking about stream you can choose any stream either Science ,commerce or Arts .
People generally takes Science thinking that they will have more options but its not
at all true every stream has got equal scope.The thing which count is your interest
.I would like to suggest you choose the field very carefully ,first find your interest and
then select any stream.
5th August 2011, 04:01 PM
Sehwag6

yes, you are eligible to do commerce stream in 11th after 10th
**you choose commerce with maths
**that is the good stream in nowadays
**after finishing your 12th,you do charted accountant(ca) course
**that is the good option after completing commerce stream in 12th
CA:-
**charted accountant
**for ca,you write common proficiency test(CPT)
**it conducts twice in a year that is June and December
**after that you have bright future and good earnings
good luck
5th August 2011, 04:04 PM
Sehwag6

yes, you are eligible to do commerce stream in 11th after 10th
**you choose commerce with maths
**that is the good stream in nowadays
**after finishing your 12th,you do charted accountant(ca) course
**that is the good option after completing commerce stream in 12th
CA:-
**charted accountant
**for ca,you write common proficiency test(CPT)
**it conducts twice in a year that is June and December
**after that you have bright future and good earnings
good luck
5th August 2011, 05:46 PM
aisham

Quote:
Friend accounts and maths are two different terms though you have to do calculation work. If you try hard working on maths that will help you in accounts but if you are not good in maths this will only 10% or little bit affect you. So don't worry that you don't know maths.
If you want to pursue CA then take commerce. After 10th you can register yourself but after 12th only you can appear for the exam.There are 3 stages:
CPT(Common Profiency Test)
PCC(Professional Competence Course) and can register for training
Final Course

You have to clear all the stages one by one to become CA
all the best
5th August 2011, 05:54 PM
ANMOL EN

I think you should choose commerce subject after 10th and according to you want to become CA so after 10th, commerce will give you better support
5th August 2011, 06:29 PM
samir14

Dear Friend,
Yes, you can take up commerce after class 10. But for you to take up C.A., you need to work on your maths as it is vital for your chances for becoming a C.A.
Good Luck.
5th August 2011, 06:32 PM
samir14

Smile Re: Which stream should I choose after 10th? Is it possible o choose commerce stream?

Dear Friend,
Yes, you can take up commerce after class 10. But for you to take up C.A., you need to work on your maths as it is vital for your chances for becoming a C.A.
Good Luck.
5th August 2011, 07:13 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

If you are intrested to become a CA than you must choose Commerce as your stream at 10+1/10+2 level. As you have stated that you are weak with Mathematics than its not a problem at all. Commerce stream can be studied without Mathematics also, instead of that you can choose any other subject as per your choice.

Accountancy is very much bonded with intense calculations and taxation which do involve mathematical calculations. Sometimes accountancy is consider to be tougher than mathematics.

As far as CA is concerned, student with any of the stream viz Arts, Commerce and Science (except fine arts) are eligible to apply for first stage CA CPT examination. But again at that level he/she have to tackle with mathematics or accountancy which i think would be more difficult.

As a conclusion i can advise to take Commerce with mathematics, because to be good accountant you must be familier with Mathematics. CA itself is not so easy do what is wrong to do along with mathematics.

All the very best for your future.
5th August 2011, 08:05 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Which stream should I choose after 10th? Is it possible o choose commerce stream?

As i knew you are weak in maths so i wanna tell you that in commerce stream you have to face maths so work hard if you want to take commerce and it is good to become a C.A so go for it and best of luck.
5th August 2011, 11:09 PM
Nitishkumar5343

Yes, you can choose commerce as it is a good option for you. By doing 12th by commerce you can become CA or you can do BBA. After BBA you just complete MBA and after you will get best job. So, best of luck.
5th August 2011, 11:15 PM
Nitishkumar5343

Yes, you can choose commerce as it is a good option for you. By doing 12th by commerce you can become CA or you can do BBA. After BBA you just complete MBA and after you will get best job. So, best of luck.for more details email me on [email protected]
8th August 2011, 01:18 PM
classontheweb.2011

Hi,
You can check this link for various career options.
http://career.webindia123.com/career/options/asp/alpha_listing.asp

Connect with us on:
www.facebook.com/classonthewebeveronn
www.classontheweb.com
8th August 2011, 06:06 PM
dhruv007

I think ,it is good for you to choose commerse. and CA is the best carrier option for you . after clearing 12th examination you can apply for registration for CA .
8th August 2011, 06:11 PM
dhruv007

i think commerse is the better option for you. and CA will be the better carrier choice for you.
15th February 2012, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

what are the good schools for commerce stream after 10th in india
30th March 2012, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

What are the good schools for comerce stream after 10th in india?????????????
13th April 2012, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

why is commerce a better option now a days ?
16th April 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

can i opt commerce with biology?
31st May 2012, 10:44 PM
manikantapalli89

Location: g-1, vijaya sai enclave-1, plot no:2, near balaji public school, r.r.v puram-post, visakhapatnam-29

Hello friend,
As you are weak in Maths you can opt for choosing Commerce stream in your 11th class. Well Commerce stream too contains Maths where you need to excel. If you your career goal is to become a Chartered Accountant then you must be able to do calculations on finger tips. Well i don't discourage you but its my suggestion is to take Commerce in 11th and work hard to and also practice the exercises that are essential for C.A.

All the best
Mani
14th May 2013, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 10th with 95% i am intrested in biology but i am afraid of maths,chemistry can i take commerce,and i also intreste to go army can i go army field after choosing commerce. commerce is a hard group?and i also intrested to go c.a whay should i do for this?
2nd July 2013, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

i also want to become a c.a.. so plz. help me by giving details about it.. in class 11 i am chosing commerce with maths..
2nd July 2013, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

sir i am sonam i also want to become a c.a and achieved 85% in 10 class and taking commerce with maths so plz. help me by giving details of this exam
21st May 2014, 11:44 AM
krittika kapoor

hello sir, i am weak in maths,please tell me what stream should i have to choose after 10 class. is it possible for me to choose COMMERCE stream.i want to become CA.what i have to do after10 class.please guide me sir.[/QUOTE]
i wante to become an architecture but i dont know rhat i should opt science or commerce
10th June 2014, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Is there any other option in commerce or only c.a is the best option.what should i do to get a good job in future
27th June 2015, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You can choose any stream you like to and if you are interested in commerce you can go for it.
In commerce maths is not a vital subject and in C.A course maths is not required. In a C.A course importance is only given to accounts.
28th June 2015, 11:18 AM
unique99

According to your statement here your future ambition to become a CA(Chartered Accountant).

Also you have expressed you are weak in Mathematics and asked whether it is right for you to choose commerce stream after 10th standard.

My suggestions if you are sure to be a CA then you do practice Mathematics subject sincerely, you should know practice makes a man perfect.

Accordingly first you overcome your self created fear about the subject you mentioned here then become strong in mathematics gradually,remember "Rome was not built in a day"

Finally you opt commerce subject in 12th to become a successful Chartered Accountant.Because CA absolutely appropriate for commerce student though there is no bar to continue the course from other streams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?