29th July 2018, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose to study in Intermediate to become an Indian Air Force Pilot?

Hi Sir, I have completed my 10th standard. My aim is to become an Indian Air Force Pilot. Please let me know which stream I should take in my Intermediate to achieve me aim? Please tell me asap.

31st July 2018, 06:32 PM
Aatma Parivaar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream should I choose to study in Intermediate to become an Indian Air Force Pilot?

To become an Indian Air Force Pilot, you need to appear n NDA entrance exam.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as a main paper from a recognized board.

2. Candidate age must be 16.5 to 19.5 years. Relaxation is available for reserved category.

3. Only unmarried male candidate are eligible.

So, you can opt PCM as a main paper then you are eligible for this examination.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.nic.in.
31st July 2018, 07:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose to study in Intermediate to become an Indian Air Force Pilot?

For recruitment in Indian Air Force as Pilot you have to appear and qualify in CDS or AFCAT examination.

For this you need to have minimum bachelor degree qualification and you are not eligible to appear for examination with intermediate qualification.

You can also join Air Force through NDA entry. It is conducted by UPSC. Examination is conducted twice in a year.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2018, 08:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To become a pilot in Indian Airforce, you are required to join its flying branch. Further, for joining the flying branch of Indian Air force, a candidate has basically options through NDA 〔National Defense Academy〕, CDS〔Combined Defense Services〕,and AFCAT〔Air force Common Admission Test〕.

For entry through any of these options, a candidate has to opt for Science stream with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects at their Class 12th level while the candidate has the liberty to opt for any stream from his/her graduation degree course.

For more detailed information regarding the above mentioned entries, you can log on to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
31st July 2018, 08:53 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

In order to make your career in Airforce you have to pursue your 11th and 12th in non medical stream having PCM as your main subjects.
And you have to pass your intermediate with good percentage because in order to appear in NDA examination, a candidate must have good percentage.
This is the direct way from where you can step into Air Force after passing 12th standard.
31st July 2018, 09:16 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You should choose science stream and the subjects must include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry etc.

Then you need to apply for NDA examination. The upper age limit is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

There is one condition that only unmarried male candidates can apply for exam.
31st July 2018, 10:55 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The necessary stream for Indian Air Force is science stream with PCM subjects. Then only, you can apply for Indian Air Force examination called National Defence Academy entrance examination conducted by UPSC.

The age limit for NDA examination is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA exam.
31st July 2018, 10:59 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Air Force as Pilot, you must select science stream in 12th. In science stream, you should select Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The other criteria for NDA entrance exam:

*The age criteria for candidates: 16.5 to 19.5 years.

*Unmarried male Indian citizens can apply for this exam.
31st July 2018, 11:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You need to select Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th to join Indian Air Force as Pilot.

Then you need to apply for National Defence Academy entrance exam. NDA exam is conducted twice every year by UPSC.

The age criteria for NDA examination is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
31st July 2018, 11:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You need to apply for National Defence Academy entrance exam for joining Indian Air Force as Pilot.

The eligibility criteria for NDA entrance exam:

PCM subjects in science stream to apply for NDA exam.

Age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

You must be unmarried male Indian candidate to apply for exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?