23rd May 2019, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should one opt in Intermediate in order to study MBSS and become Doctor?

What are the courses I have to do after taking Science in 11th and 12th to become a Doctor by studying MBBS? Please help! I am confused I am Ridhi studying 9th standard I have interest in Science and I want become a MBBS doctor.

27th May 2019, 12:02 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should one opt in Intermediate in order to study MBSS and become Doctor?

To become a MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) Doctor in future, you need to pursue intermediate degree course (i.e; Class 11th and Class 12th) in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board. Also, your minimum aggregate in Class 12th across all subjects must be 50% ( or 40% in case of reserved category candidates ).

Further, to pursue MBBS degree course from any medical college across India, you need to qualify entrance examination such as NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), AIIMS MBBS entrance examination, or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.
27th May 2019, 09:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should one opt in Intermediate in order to study MBSS and become Doctor?

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggests it is a professional undergraduate degree course of five and a half years (including an year of internship) after pursuing which one head towards becoming a doctor.

Further, the basic education required to pursue MBBS degree course is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects will at least 50% marks from a recognised board of examination. Marks relaxation upto 10% is allowed in case of reserved category candidates.

So, being a student of Class 9th, to pursue MBBS degree course, you first need to complete your Class 10th followed by your Class 12th in above mentioned subject combination and then you need to qualify medical entrance examination such as NEET UG, AIIMS or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?