22nd September 2011, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose in UPSC mains with Maths as optional subject?

Which subject I should choose in upsc exam with maths as optional subject? I am very confused, please help me.

30th September 2011, 12:23 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which subject to choose in UPSC mains with Maths as optional subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which subject I should choose in upsc exam with maths as optional subject? I am very confused, please help me.
Selecting Optional subject is one of the toughest job in the preparation for Civil Service examination.

But here is my view about how to select the optional subject. Have a look at it.
and make the final decision.

you should give the max importance to your interest because you only have to spend a lot of time in studying your selected subjects if you don't have interest in what you have selected then it will become mere waste in time.

why I'm talking this much about time is . I personally believe Time as the greatest Investment because of our short life span, We should not waste time just for a useless reason.

..you will be suffered with boredom so don't listen anyone's suggestion about selecting the optional

you only personally go through the syllabus and topics of each and every optional subject.

Then only you have to select the subject in which you are most attracted and have a 80% interested topics in the syllabus of the subject.

this is how you have to select the optionals according to my view and my experience friends views too.

By following this simple tip you will be enjoying the time of preparation rather suffering it with boredom.
so, if you are interested in any optional select it even if every one says it as the toughest one ..

this is all the opinion of my friends who are preparing for the same

Better to take personal guidance of successful and unsuccessful candidates
if available , if not available also don't worry we people are here to help you guys.

as of now you already selected Mathematics as one optional subject , It only takes lot of time to prepare don't take other tough optional , try to take a simpler one . In which you have good interest.

I think you will make a right decision Now.

all the best for your future

Regards

~aditya~
30th September 2011, 02:05 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose in UPSC mains with Maths as optional subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friend,
As per the UPSC standards, you are not allowed to take Statistics along with Maths. So, depending upon your interest and expertise in subject other than maths/statistics, you may select any one of the following subjects:
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science,
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science,
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce
Political Science
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Indian History
Zoology
Law
30th September 2011, 04:33 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose in UPSC mains with Maths as optional subject?

hi dear..
Here is the details information from UPSC where you can get details information of exam subject etc.........

for more details you can also visit website.....
http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.........
22nd December 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

WHEN WILL THE EXAM OF MPSC AFTER MAY 2012-13
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?