11th August 2010, 11:23 PM
Raajita

Which subjects a B.Tech(computer science) student can prefer for UPSC Prelims exam

Respcted Sir ,
what are the subjects an B.Tech(computer science)student can prefer for Prelims UPSC exam.
As I am still 18 I have 3 years for preparation ,so what books can i study from now(Plese specify name of books) for prelims

12th August 2010, 10:40 AM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subjects a B.Tech(computer science) student can prefer for UPSC Prelims exam

HELLO FRIEND'
you will be all rounder in various subject like History ,current affer ,maths georaphy etc. for Prelims UPSC exam.

for Mains UPSC exam.
If you interested in any strong paper like physics, history etc or your core subject then chose any one subject . And subject is the yours main subject.
BESt of LUCK
12th August 2010, 04:14 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects a B.Tech(computer science) student can prefer for UPSC Prelims exam

Hello friend,

Following are the optional subjects for the preliminary exams.
Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, Indian History, Law, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics and Zoology.

Now, since there are no standard set for selection of subjects, you may select either the subject you studied in your academic programme or the one one you think you could do well. But one of the most preferred optional subject in the preliminary exam is Sociology. The subject is neither too technical nor the language is too difficult. Many candidates belonging to engineering and medical background prefer the subject. Apart from all the factors, the syllabus is also shorter than other subjects.
Some of the suggested books for sociology are as follows.
Sociology- Themes and Prospectives----Harlombus
Social Anthropology- Madan Majumdaar
Social Movement- M.S.A Rao
Ignou study material
12th August 2010, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

With changing scenario and CSAT implementation, PUBad and geography will be the best option.CSAT mae cover public polciy,part PUBad. Start with extensive study on current affiars. If you are very strong on current affairs(economy,public policy,foreign relations,agri,industry). You will take hardly 6 months to prepare for IAS. forget everything only Current affairs.
12th August 2010, 10:06 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd ,

as your subject is not under the subjects provided by UPSC so for you it will
be better for you to select those subjects in which you have much interest during 10th and 12th standards.

about 22 subjects are provided by the UPSC.

all the best.
13th August 2010, 05:05 PM
bholag

dear friend,
student can prefer for UPSC Prelims exam
It is totally dependent on your interest and your knowledge
and
it must be your main paper
and you have to work hard for it
For details visit the below mentioned link:
www.upsc.gov.in
13th August 2010, 08:11 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
There are no any choice to choose a subject, according to new pattern of UPSC exam you have to prepare for history,civics,geography,economics,reasoning,maths & current affairs.
so for preparation of PT, you should prepare all of these very well.
& for more information about new examination pattern of UPSC, kindly visit the official website which is
www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.
18th August 2010, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

i am a B.Tech(C.S.E) student with a good command over English.Which subject do you think will be good for me since there is no language problem?
21st August 2010, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

how many subjects in cse & what are they?i dont have an idea about cse.plz give full details about cse.is the cse is tough?what is the meaning of upsc exams?what are the total subjects in upsc?
23rd August 2010, 01:28 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as your computer science is not a subject for UPSC exam.so you can't take for exam.

you can choose any of the two subjects among 22 subjects provided by the UPSC.

from now starts reading newspapers like the hindu, the times of indis etc. it will help you to write good essay.

also read India today, yojna, kuruchetra etc.

you can join any good coaching for ias exam like chankya acdemy, rao ias acdemy etc.

all the best.
23rd August 2010, 04:48 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
in prelims exam the are many technical subject as:1>electrical engineering.
2>civil engineering.
3>mechanical engineering. etc.
so, the all subjects are so good.because this is core subjects.
so,this is totally depend upon you to choose the subject.
best of luck
23rd August 2010, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

best computer
so,
B.Tech(C.S.E) future best....
8th September 2010, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

now am studying cse 4th yr,till now i hav aggregate of 55% what should i do to get the job in IT sector...? as am from middle class background i can't spare more money on studies...so,plzzz....suggest me a good idea to get a s/w job.....???
10th September 2010, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

www.upsc.gov.in
15th September 2010, 08:53 PM
bapuram

dear friend,

as your subject is not under the subjects provided by UPSC so for you it will
be better for you to select those subjects in which you have much interest during 10th and 12th standards.

in prelims exam a B.Tech(computer science) student may also prefer technical subject like :electrical engineering.
civil engineering.,mechanical engineering. etc.

good luck
22nd September 2010, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

study in abroad is a good option?
28th November 2010, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

which subject will be the best for CSE student preparing for upsc
28th November 2010, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

7th January 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

which books i follow for prepration of kvs pgt exam for computer science
7th January 2011, 01:19 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, there is no subject allotted for computer science student.the subjects which are included in the UPSC Prelims exam is given below

1.Civil Engineering

2.Mechanical Engineering

3.Electrical Engineering

4.E & T Engineering

so you have to choose another paper.

for more information check out--http://www.upsc.gov.in/.

all the best..............
7th January 2011, 07:51 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Which subjects a B.Tech(computer science) student can prefer for UPSC Prelims exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajita View Post
Respcted Sir ,
what are the subjects an B.Tech(computer science)student can prefer for Prelims UPSC exam.
As I am still 18 I have 3 years for preparation ,so what books can i study from now(Plese specify name of books) for prelims
dear friend,
UPSC exem is a allround exem,there are many subjects like history,geography,economics etc and also some core subjects like math,physics,chenistry etc......
7th January 2011, 11:40 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Since you are new bee to UPSc exam. Go to upscportal.gov.in. Here u will find all required information.
7th January 2011, 12:40 PM
saswata06

Now in IAS exam there is no optional subjects for the prelims.However the pattern of mains exam is unchanged i.e you have to coose 2 optional subjects.For prelims there will be questions from aptitude and reasoning part.As there is no optioanl subjects offered by UPSC relating to Comp. Sc. so you may keep your optioanl subjects as History,Public administration etc.
For more information log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Best of Luck
7th January 2011, 01:35 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Which subjects a B.Tech(computer science) student can prefer for UPSC Prelims exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there is no such option to select a special subject this time as the pattern for upsc exam moreover civil services has been change and It consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
Current events.
History
Geography
Indian Polity and governance
Economic and social development
and General science.

(Paper II) (200 marks)
Comprehension
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy(Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.

In case you have not not got a good rank and got into IFS, IAS or IPS, you may still become a Group A or B officer in the Central Govt.
7th January 2011, 04:46 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

hi friend,
for prelim. you should have to opt.mathematics and physics because you will learn about its topic in your course also.
16th January 2011, 11:50 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Which subjects a B.Tech(computer science) student can prefer for UPSC Prelims exam

UPSC Prelims for Civil services Exam

You can choose any one form 25 Optional subjects.

Agriculture,Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science,Anthropology,Botony,Chemistry,Civil Engineering,Commerce & Accountancy,Economics,Electrical Engineering,Geography ,Geology,History ,Law,Management,Mathematics,Mechanical Engineering,Medical Science ,Philosphy,Physics,Political Science & Internation Relations,Psychology,Public Administration ,Sociology ,Statistics,Zoology

But as a computer science branch having Engineering Background you should opt for Mathematics

Good luck.
20th January 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

do u p s c offered electrical and electronices engg subject
21st January 2011, 10:00 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

About 22 subjects are provided by the UPSC.Following are the optional subjects for the preliminary exams.
Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, Indian History, Law, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science,Sociology, Statistics and Zoology.

Best of luck....
26th February 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i have a question that i m a chartered accountant student so for upsc exam which subject i have to choose
14th June 2011, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects a computer science student should prefer for facing technical interview?please help me out.ie.can u pl suggest me the subjects from my b.tech 2 prepare for technical interview?
27th July 2011, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am BTech (cse) 3rd student i don't want to private sector i want to govt job my branch subject not in appsc subjects so i can think prepare for group2 exiam . please give me suggition for planning and preperation books for that exiam
6th June 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me which subject include for railtail enterence exam for computer science my mob: 07827742056 emailid: [email protected]
2nd September 2012, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

what is a job of b.tech computer science
31st May 2013, 11:41 AM
luckyss
Senior Member++

dear friend.....

subjects a B.Tech(computer science) student can prefer for UPSC Prelims exam
---------------------------------

1.Decision making and problem solving
2.General mental ability
3.Geography
4.Indian Polity and governance
5.Current events.
6.Mechanical Engineering
7.General science.
8.Current events.
9.Logical reasoning and analytical ability
10.Mechanical Engineering
11.E & T Engineering
12.Civil Engineering
13.Mechanical Engineering
14.Current events.
26th February 2014, 02:57 PM
Raman Ferozepuria

sir , I am a student of b-tech Final year (Electrical ENGG), so please tell me about CSAT, In CSAT which rank are come like SHO (STATION HEAD OFFICER), ACP.and how many paper in CSAT, please explain briefly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?