19th September 2011, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects can I take as optional for IAS exam while studying computer science?

Sir/Madam,
As i finished engineering in computer science and i want to attend the IAS exam so please suggest me which subjects i can take for the optional... I'm confused to selecting the subjects.. Please reply me soon..
With regards
Vaishali Kulkarni

19th September 2011, 07:02 AM
sidbond

Default Re: Which subjects can I take as optional for IAS exam while studying computer science?

Its sad to see that the Indian Goverment has not listed Computer Sciences as a subject.
However, if you can cope with mathematics, you can take it.

Or you should go with History and Psychology.
Both are easy subjects to score in.
Good Luck.
19th September 2011, 08:48 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects can I take as optional for IAS exam while studying computer science?

CSAT consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
  • Current events.
  • History
  • Geography
  • Indian Polity and governance
  • Economic and social development
  • and General science.

It is of purely objective type and qualifying exam...

(Paper II) (200 marks)
  • Comprehension
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy(Class X level)
  • English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

It is of purely subjective type and followed by interview....

In comprehension subjective paper following are the optional subject you can choose any one of it
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  • Anthropology
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce and Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Geography
  • Geology
  • History
  • Law
  • Management
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Medical Science
  • Philosophy
  • Physics
  • Political Science and International
  • Relations
  • Psychology
  • Public Administration
  • Sociology
  • Statistics
  • Zoology
Since, there is no separate subject related to computers better you choose MATHS as that i think more related to you then other subjects.
19th September 2011, 01:04 PM
malek basit

Red face Re: Which subjects can I take as optional for IAS exam while studying computer science?

hiiii,,,

>> The IAS exam is broken down into two successive examinations:

1.Preliminary examination for selection of candidates for the main examination.

2.Main examination after which successful candidates are selected for civil services.

♣Eligibility for IAS exam

Only Indian nationals who are above 21 years of age and under 30 years can apply for the IAS. Candidates must be graduates or must be undergoing the final year of graduation. Some of these eligibility criteria can be relaxed depending upon certain factors.

• Preparation tips for IAS exam

>> It is best if you attempt previous years question papers. This will help you know your mistakes and weak points better. Additionally, it will help you in improving your speed and accuracy too.

>>Consider the question papers of previous years and see the pattern of questions asked and point out which types of questions are often repeated.

All The Best in Advanced
19th September 2011, 04:57 PM
Vsit.

You can go for public admin ,geography,antropology etc
19th September 2011, 06:27 PM
Manas Kumar Maharana

Dear,
Its not necessary that you should take only technical subjects, here you can opt ... Isn't there any computer science subject that we can opt for ? .... interested in sociology as my optional.
Thanks.
19th September 2011, 07:22 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

this exam is conducted by UPSC every year. the age limit foe appearing in this exam for a general candidates. is 21-30 years, also there are 5 years relaxation foe SC\ST candidates.

this exam have three stages-
1.CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW.

In comprehension subjective paper following are the optional subject you can choose any one of it

>> Agriculture
>> Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
>> Anthropology
>> Botany
>> Chemistry
>> Civil Engineering
>> Commerce and Accountancy
>> Economics
>> Electrical Engineering
>> Geography
>> Geology
>> History
>> Law
>> Management
>> Mathematics
>> Mechanical Engineering
>> Medical Science
>> Philosophy
>> Physics
>> Political Science and International
>> Relations
>> Psychology
>> Public Administration
>> Sociology
>> Statistics
>> Zoology
19th September 2011, 07:26 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

this exam is conducted by UPSC every year. the age limit foe appearing in this exam for a general candidates. is 21-30 years, also there are 5 years relaxation foe SC\ST candidates.

this exam have three stages-
1.CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW.

>> Agriculture
>> Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
>> Anthropology
>> Botany
>> Chemistry
>> Civil Engineering
>> Commerce and Accountancy
>> Economics
>> Electrical Engineering
>> Geography
>> Geology
>> History
>> Law
>> Management
>> Mathematics
>> Mechanical Engineering
>> Medical Science
>> Philosophy
>> Physics
>> Political Science and International
>> Relations
>> Psychology
>> Public Administration
>> Sociology
>> Statistics
>> Zoology
19th September 2011, 11:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
As i finished engineering in computer science and i want to attend the IAS exam so please suggest me which subjects i can take for the optional... I'm confused to selecting the subjects.. Please reply me soon..
With regards
Vaishali Kulkarni
dear friend,

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

thanks
9th November 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

I am completed my graduation Bachelor of computer science . Now i am pursuing MCA and also want to be IAS preparation .so please tell me i am able to IAS preperation or not.
13th November 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

now i'm studying b.tech final year from computer sciene branch.........can i eligible for IAS,And i'm intrested in mathematics...if i take it as a optional subject...what are the advantages and disadvantages
that is time maintenence and soring in that please give reply
12th September 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

i am b.tech first year i want to prepartion in ias exam my branch is mechanical but mai apni branch cs me karana cahta hu to please tell koun sa subject better rahega
9th January 2013, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

I am in B.Tech 1'st year in Computer science & engg. what kind of preparation should I do from now onwards to get success in IAS exam which I am gonna face after 4 years?
What should be optional subjects as we don't have any subject related to COMP. ENGG. ?

:- HARISHANKAR DEWANGAN
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?