6th June 2011, 07:55 PM
shreyas khanore

Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?

I just completed 10th ....................n wanna do genetic engineering......please guide about the subjects to be taken in 11 n 12 ................entance exams n reputed colleges for genetics engineering .........also guide about any pre preparations for genetic engineering..............

HOPE I GET MY ANSWER

Related Questions:
  1. Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Colleges and entrance exams for doing Genetic Engineering in India?
  3. Is it necessary to have Mathematics in 12th for doing Genetic Engineering?
  4. Percentage required in 12th to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology courses? Main subjects in both the courses? Entrance exams required to be answered for Genetic Engineering?
  5. Percentage needed in 12th board exam to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology course? Entrance exam which I need to answer?
  6. For which courses will I be eligible after scoring 70-75% in board exam of Gujarat board? Which are the courses available in Ahmedabad?
  7. Can I join genetic engineering after taking BIPC in 12th?
  8. Genetic engineering eligibility in Singapore after 12th? -- [New]
  9. Which Entrance Exams should I give to do Genetic Engineering being a student of 12th Class? Job Opportunities after completion of this course from these colleges?
  10. Percentage of marks required in boards to get admission for Genetic Engineering Biotechnology? What are the main subjects in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which is the entrance exam?
  11. How to do genetic engineering after doing 12th with PCM?
  12. How to get information about Biotechnology and Genetic engineering courses and exams notifications?
  13. Which subjects should I opt in 11th so as to opt for Biomedical Engineering?
  14. Mtech in Genetic engineering after Btech in biotechnology engineering?
  15. How to become Aeronautical Engineer to serve in ISRO?
  16. Genetic engineering B.Tech entrance exams and colleges in India
  17. How to join in genetic engineering branch after scoring 92% in aggregate? BEst colleges for genetic engineering in AP
  18. What are the subjects required for Genetic Engineering? Is Maths required for Genetic Engineering course?
24th June 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?

Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?
25th August 2011, 05:44 PM
dhruv007

Default Re: Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?

you should take MATHS AS WELL AS BIOLOGY, in 10+2 examination.
there are many colleges which provide b. tech courses in genetics,such as IIT MUMBAI, IIT KGP, IIT DELHI, BHU VARANASI, etc.
2nd November 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

is there any entrance test for getting into genetic engineering after 12th?
9th November 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

can we take up genetic engineering as an mpc student..???
10th November 2011, 02:03 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

hi,
for genetic engineering course you have to take BIOLOGY and MATH in 11th and 12th.
for addimision in top college you have to qualify the exam like
-IIT-JEE
-AIEE
-MINAPAL
-BITS

ALL THE BEST!
26th November 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

is taking maths for genetics is compulsary
11th December 2011, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

i m studying in class 12th.......i have opted biology in11th............n after 12th i want to do genetic engineering
13th December 2011, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

we should do genetic engineering in UG or PG???
14th December 2011, 10:44 PM
tuntunia

for genetic engineering course you have to take BIOLOGY and MATH in 11th and 12th.
for addimision in top college you have to qualify the exam like
-IIT-JEE
-AIEE
-MINAPAL
-BITS
7th January 2012, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

is mathematics compulsions for genetic engineering
14th January 2012, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

hi,
after puc2 if i choose genetic engn after ding m.tech in b.t?? how much starting salary will i get and
what do u say about the subjects in b.t and
what is further if i want to study more in b.t
you can reply here : [email protected] -(or)- [email protected]
14th January 2012, 11:03 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

For Genetic Engineering you should take Mathematics and Biology in 11th and 12th standard.

You have to appear for various entrance exams to purse Genetic Engineering such as:-

IIT JEE
MANIPAL
BITS
AIEEE etc.
16th January 2012, 08:42 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,
as you told that you are interested in genetics field then you should have to choose B.Sc. genetics , B.Sc. biotechnology , B.Sc. applied genetics etc courses after completion of your 12th...
then further after completion of your degree course, you can go for M.Sc. biotechnology , M.Sc. applied genetics , medical Microbiology etc courses which involves genetics...
good luck....
28th February 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

how i have to proceed after my class 12 to take up gentic engineering as my career option?which type of entrance exams should i give to get into a good college ?
3rd March 2012, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I am going to finish my 10th board exams in a few days.I am planning to join a PUC college which has integrated IIT and AIEEE courses.I am very interested in genetic engineering.I have a confusion whether to opt for AIEEE or IIT coaching.I have taken PCMB as my combination.Will I be eligible to take GE ?Or is it mandatory to take up PCMB.tech ?.
26th March 2012, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

medical or engineering,which line should i choose to study genetic engineering?
14th April 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

I finish my 12 th with biology in this year,so shoud i will join genatic eng. ?
17th May 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

is there any college for b.sc genetics in tamil nadu?
23rd May 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

can i do genetic engineering by opting pcm in 11th?
i wanna do bsc(hons)in genetics so is there any institute in amritsar fo this
plz............... tell me
15th April 2013, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

now i complete 10-standard i am waiting for result i like to study genetic engineering i decide to take [bio-maths] i wish to know college details and job details for genetic engineering
8th June 2013, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

what group should i take for my 11th and 12th to take up genetic engineering?is there a best higher secondary school in tamil nadu for it?pls answer......
9th March 2014, 02:04 PM
JENNIFER D'SOZA

Smile Re: Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?

HI,
for me the subjects should be Biology and Chemistry as being referred to engineering and that to genetics..........
the entrance exams should be IIT Mumbai & IIT Delhi
8th May 2014, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

I really want to do genetic engeering but i didnt had maths in 12th. Am i eligible for that, if yes should i do undergraduation or post graduation, if post graduation which subjects should i take in undergraduation.
20th May 2014, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

In 12th class maths subject i was rejected i also study biology so after 12th i intrested in genetic engineering what i can do
so please help us....
26th August 2014, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay21feb View Post
Hello friend,
as you told that you are interested in genetics field then you should have to choose B.Sc. genetics , B.Sc. biotechnology , B.Sc. applied genetics etc courses after completion of your 12th...
then further after completion of your degree course, you can go for M.Sc. biotechnology , M.Sc. applied genetics , medical Microbiology etc courses which involves genetics...
good luck....
Hai am princy from madurai am studying 10th now i have intrest on taking genetics.what group i shall take after finishing 10th standard
22nd January 2015, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

which course in inter should i take to do genetic engineering?
29th January 2015, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

I got 74.6% marks in PCB in 12 th I'm eligible for genetic engineering..??
17th May 2015, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

What would be the best course with limited financial deposit for bipc candidate ?please let me know the answer as soon as possible.
9th June 2015, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

My dater apeamcet&tseamcet attend 2015 at medical entrence she as elegibul genetic engineering please reple soon thank you
4th June 2017, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

I want to take pcm and pcb together and my percentage in 10th are only 65% should I choose cuz I want to study genetics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?