24th May 2016, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to select in 12th to become IAS in future?

I'm Laxman Singh. I've just cleared me class 12 with science group. I want to become IAS in first attempt. I'm looking to graduate with arts. But I'm unable to select the right subjects for it. Can you help me?? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.

25th May 2016, 01:51 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subjects to select in 12th to become IAS in future?

INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

Nice to see your interest in Civil Services Examination. IAS is stand for Indian Administrative Service. The Civil Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission once in every year. To appear in the Civil Services examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Examination.
--> Pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in this examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for reservation category.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination.So, you may choose any stream in the 12th class. First complete your graduation degree with good score and then think about Civil Services. For more information regarding Civil Services examination please visit the official website of UPSC- http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th May 2016, 10:34 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service, I am pleased with your determination to qualify in Civil Services examination in first attempt.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year and is among the toughest examination it requires better determination, dedication and devotion to studies to qualify in examination.

So, if you have taken admission in Arts stream it is very much fine but you have to work and study hard to in these three years to qualify examination in first attempt. For more information about syllabus and other examination details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th May 2016, 12:00 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer in future, you must have to pursue Bachelor's degree from a recognised university once, you have completed your 12th standard.

You can choose and pursue any Graduation course of your interest. As you have mentioned in your query that you are interested to study Arts, you can do Graduation in Arts stream and obtaining Bachelor's degree from a recognised university, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination.
25th May 2016, 03:59 PM
ravinayadav259
Senior Member+

You can choose subject of your own choice.
My opinion is if you choose science stream then it will be very useful for you.

You should have passed Graduation degree in any specialization from recognized Institute.
-You are for civil service exam while in graduation final year.
-UPSC Civil service exam has no restriction on graduation percentage.
-Your Age should be within the limit of 21 to 23 years.
-You must be a citizen of India.
25th May 2016, 06:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm Laxman Singh. I've just cleared me class 12 with science group. I want to become IAS in first attempt. I'm looking to graduate with arts. But I'm unable to select the right subjects for it. Can you help me?? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.
After completion of 12th standard with Science, you can do B.Sc degree in Life Science. Because it will help you to score well in IAS exam. There are 3 optional papers which are related to the life science subject.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
25th May 2016, 06:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS is Indian Administrative Services. For becoming IAS officer in first attempt, you will have to clear preliminary stage, mains exam and interview of Civil Services exam in first attempt and be among top 100 ranks.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam. The age limit for exam is 21-32 years and upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

UPSC does not specify any particular subject combination for Civil Services exam. You can select any subject as per your interest. Subjects like Political science, Geography, Economics and History are essential for this exam. You can select any subject from these it will definitely help you in better preparation.
25th May 2016, 10:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely your aim is very high and it is very good for you to become IAS. It seems interesting that you are going to be graduate by Arts stream because it would be helpful for you to prepare yourself for IAS exam. I would like to suggest you to choose the subject in Arts stream as a major in which you are interested such as geography and that is not much lengthy because history is very lengthy subject. So go with your interest.
25th May 2016, 10:39 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Which subjects to select in 12th to become IAS in future?

IAS is the Indian Administration Services which is one of the Civil Services in India and as you have done your 12th with Science branch of study it is good to take any science related course which will be easy for you to complete your graduation,it is not necessary to take any specific group of study for IAS,any graduate from any discipline can appear for the IAS recruitment.

IAS examination is conducted through the UPSC which is the Union Public Service Commission in India.and there are some specific eligibility conditions which are available in order to appear for the IAS examination such as
  1. Should have completed graduation or bachelor degree course from any of the respective disciplines of study
  2. Should have attained 21 years and not exceed 30 years of age limit
  3. Should belong to the Citizen of India only

These are the minimum eligibility criteria to appear for IAS services and in order to clear this examination in first attempt you should have to under go through training of IAS examination and then prepare for IAS from now onwards and then appear for IAS in the finale year of your graduation and then clear the examination
13th May 2021, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

I"m Raji...I have cleared my intermediate and I"m in confusion to select which group in degree..
I want to achieve my goal IAS in first attempt..
So pls tell me which course and the best university I need to choose......?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?