19th September 2012, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CSIR NET with M.A(Geography)

can i apply for csir net with M.A. (Geography)?...could u please tel me

2nd October 2012, 02:26 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CSIR NET with M.A(Geography)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i apply for csir net with M.A. (Geography)?...could u please tel me
CSIR NET Examination is only for those who have completed his M.sc course from the following given subjects namely,

=> Chemical Sciences,
=> Earth Sciences
=> Life Sciences
=> Mathematical Sciences
=> Physical Sciences

You have to scored minimum 55% marks in your M.Sc. or Equivalent degree course.

If you have completed your Post graduation in M.A(Geography), then you can only apply for the UGC NET Examination and choose "Geography" AS A Compulsory subjects.

If you have scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation then yes you are eligible for Next December NET Examination, the Notification of this year NET Examination is going to be Published soon in the month of October and after Notification Online Registrations will started.

The application form fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank and then you can fill online application form of NET.

You have to appear for 3 papers which is objective and no negative marking and after clear this examination you will do P.hd course or become Lecturer is any top Indian Colleges.

If you need more details about NET Examination, then please check the official website.

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
26th February 2013, 11:43 AM
deepu_acd

hi,
you are surely eligible for CSIR as you completed M.A. any masters degree with minimum 55% are eligible for this exam. as you completed M.A in geography you could able to write
earth, atmospheric, ocean and planetary sciences - CSIR paper. you didn't mention the aggregate % of yours but, if your aggregate % is above 55% you are definitely eligible for this exam. all the best.
22nd August 2013, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

I like to do M.A. in Mathematics from a ugc recognise university. If I will be eligible to apply for CSIR NET?
26th August 2013, 11:46 PM
maruthidevi

CSIR NET Examination is only for those who have completed his M.sc course from the following given subjects namely,

=> Chemical Sciences,
=> Earth Sciences
=> Life Sciences
=> Mathematical Sciences
=> Physical Sciences

You have to scored minimum 55% marks in your M.Sc. or Equivalent degree course.

If you have completed your Post graduation in M.A(Geography), then you can only apply for the UGC NET Examination and choose "Geography" AS A Compulsory subjects.

If you have scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation then yes you are eligible for Next December NET Examination, the Notification of this year NET Examination is going to be Published soon in the month of October and after Notification Online Registrations will started.

The application form fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank and then you can fill online application form of NET.

You have to appear for 3 papers which is objective and no negative marking and after clear this examination you will do P.hd course or become Lecturer is any top Indian Colleges.

If you need more details about NET Examination, then please check the official website.
24th June 2016, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M SC IN GEOGRAPHY. May I eligible to take earth science in csir ugc net exam?
9th August 2018, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing in M.Sc.(remote sensing and gis application).how can i apply for csir net and in which subject?
16th September 2018, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

I have completed integrated mtech in geoinformatics. Am I eligible for net in geography??
13th September 2019, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply csir net with ma geography
28th November 2019, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CSOR-NET in M. Sc (geography ) ?
4th September 2020, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Geography se sir net form kese bhare
22nd March 2021, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

I am pursuing MA in Geography I am eligible for CSIR NET or not
13th May 2021, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed M SC IN GEOGRAPHY. May I eligible to take earth science in csir ugc net exam?
Yes. MA/MSc in Geography are equivalent Degree.
If you have 55% Marks in Post Graduation You are definitely Eligible for CSIR-NET. Best Wishes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?