11th November 2017, 08:39 PM
bag da

Which subjects should I study to qualify for UPSC exam and become an IPS officer in 2018?

Which subjects should I study to qualify for UPSC exam and become an IPS officer in 2018? What are the criteria followed for UPSC exam in 2018? Can you please provide me with the complete details on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

13th November 2017, 10:19 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subjects should I study to qualify for UPSC exam and become an IPS officer in 2018?

The criteria for Indian Police Services officer is:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the exam.

The minimum age limit to apply for exam is 21 years.

You should study subjects like History, Geography, Polity, Economy and current affairs. NCERT and NIOS books are helpful. You will have to qualify preliminary exam, mains exam and interview to become IPS officer.
14th November 2017, 10:05 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I study to qualify for UPSC exam and become an IPS officer in 2018?

There is no compulsion to study any particular subject for becoming IPS through UPSC exam.

You should study subjects depending on your interest so that you can maintain a proper grip and firm confidence on that subject.

There will be three stages to qualify in UPSC Exam.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

Preliminary Exam
is compulsory for everyone and you need to face Quantitative Aptitude, English, Current Affairs, General Studies related questions in this exam.

For Main Exam, you will have to choose your favorite optional subject and languages, so study according to your preferred subject.

At last, finally Interview will be candidate for Main Exam qualified candidates.
14th November 2017, 01:26 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.P.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

So, you have to appear and qualify in examination for final selection. There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear in examination.

So, you can pursue any course. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

Candidates in final year of examination can also appear in examination. So, if you have desired qualification you are eligible to appear in examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th November 2017, 01:56 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There are many subjects which you can study for the IPS depending on your interest.

The posts of IPS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
14th November 2017, 05:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service examination is conducted in three stages :-

Preliminary - Objective test.

Mains - Subjective test.

Interview.

Candidates are eligible for nest stage only after qualifying in previous stage.

The examination paper contains the questions of Social Studies ( History, Political Science, International Relation, Economy, Environment, Geography ),Science( Physics, Chemistry, Biology), Current Affairs, Ethics, Essay.

So, you have to prepare for all these subjects to qualify in the examination.

For detail information about examination and syllabus visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th November 2017, 08:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to become an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation in any subject from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree course are also eligible.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness as per the service requirement to be recruited as an IPS officer.

As far as you are concerned about the subjects you need to qualify Civil Services examination then I would like to let you know that there is no certain syllabus for Civil Services examination and its syllabus is very vast which is referred as general studies which includes History, Geography, Polity, Economics,, General science and General studies apart from English vocabulary and aptitude to qualify stage one of same examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination and to have an idea about its syllabus you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in and download the notification regarding the same examination from the same link.
14th November 2017, 11:16 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The subjects list to be prepared for Indian Police Services examination called Civil Services exam is as below:

Indian Polity and Constitution.

Geography.

Economics.

Indian History and World History.

The criteria followed for the exam is that candidate must have completed bachelor's degree. Candidates pursuing final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for UPSC Civil Services examination.

The age limit for exam is 21-32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?