18th September 2019, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Is there any age relaxation for OBC caste candidates in Civil Service exams?

My date of birth is 11th July, 1985 and I belongs to OBC caste category. Am I eligible for Civil Services examination in the year 2020? Is there any age relaxation for OBC caste category candidates?

23rd September 2019, 12:17 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age relaxation for OBC caste candidates in Civil Service exams?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in three stages for final selection.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation of 3 years in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, the upper age limit for OBC is 35 years as on 01st August of year of appearing in the examination. You are above the age limit as per date of birth to appear in 2020.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd September 2019, 12:57 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age relaxation for OBC caste candidates in Civil Service exams?

Civil Service Examination is conducted for recruitment as an officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree or in the final year.

The age limit is as on 01st August. So, you will be above 35 years as on 2020.

Examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd September 2019, 01:24 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is provision of relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years in case of OBC category candidates for appearing in the Civil Services examination and therefore the age limit to appear in the Civil Services examination in case of OBC category candidates is 21 years to 35 years by the 1st August of year of examination.

Now, being born on 11th July 1985 and belonging to OBC category, you are not eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination 2020, as your age will be above 35 years by the 1st August 2020.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd September 2019, 06:37 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Age of the candidate is considered as per his age in August month of the exam conduction year.

Since, you will be appearing for exam next year i.e. 2020.

So, as per DOB, your age on 1st August 2020 will be around 35 years 0 months 21 days.

Upper age limit of OBC candidates for Civil Services exam is 35 years and maximum attempts is 9.

As your age is exceeding 35 years, so you won't be able to apply for Civil Services Exam.
25th September 2019, 11:22 AM
S4018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My date of birth is 11th July, 1985 and I belongs to OBC caste category. Am I eligible for Civil Services examination in the year 2020? Is there any age relaxation for OBC caste category candidates?
The upper age limit is 32 years for the unreserved (general) category with 6 attempts. It is 35 years for OBC candidates with 9 attempts
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?