26th July 2020, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Is there any difference between BCA and Bachelor's in Computer Science?

Hi!, this is Madhu. I have just in 2019-2020 completed 12th from Science stream. I am bit confused between BCA and BCS which is Bachelor's in Computer Science. Which one should I go for? Is this same only? What are the differences between BCA and BCS? Which to prefer?

15th April 2023, 10:21 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any difference between BCA and Bachelor's in Computer Science?

BSc in Computer Science is more concept oriented while BCA is concept oriented application programme . Those who are persuing BCA learn about current technologies and get basic idea of in - demand programming languages.
Career opportunities are higher for BCA graduates since they are more ready to work on the platform they have been taught in universities and institutes.
Where as computer science students are good at aptitude but might need further training on specific aspect of the job.
Both the courses are of 3 year duration that focusses on basic concept in the field of computer science and technological implementation of computers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?