20th September 2020, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Is there any relaxation and reservation for OBC candidates to do PhD from IGNOU?

Sir, I belong to OBC caste category and I got 50% marks in MA. Can I do PhD from IGNOU? Is there any reservation for OBC caste category candidates? And, how much would it cost me to do PhD from IGNOU?

22nd September 2020, 06:08 PM
ruckshana

Default Re: Is there any relaxation and reservation for OBC candidates to do PhD from IGNOU?

Yes, you are eligible for relaxation being an OBC candidate. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for reserved candidates (SC/ST/OBC). Candidates who have completed their MPhil (along with course work) or have cleared NET or any other equivalent examination will be exempted from appearing form the IGNOU entrance exam.

The PhD Programme Fee is Rs. 7,000/- per annum for 2 years.
Visit www.ignou.ac.in for further details.
24th September 2020, 12:20 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any relaxation and reservation for OBC candidates to do PhD from IGNOU?

-There is only 5% of relaxation in marks is given to SC/ ST / OBC(NCL)/ Differently-Abled
category candidates.
-Candidates who are employees of IGNOU shall have completed at least two year service in the University on the date they submit the Application for admission.
-The PhD Programme Fee is Rs. 7,000/- per annum for 2 years.
26th June 2022, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a obc candidate and got 46 percentage in my graduation.am I able to do MA in Sociology from IGNOU.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?