22nd February 2018, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentage required for a C.A. finalist to pursue PhD?

I am a qualified Chartered Accountant with 51% in CA final. Is the minimum percentage criteria of 55% applicable for CA students also for pursuing PhD under any university across India?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum time gap required for completion of Ph.D after M.Tech?
  2. Can I pursue PhD after completing MA externally? What is the minimum marks required to get admission in PhD?
  3. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc to get admission in PhD? Cost of acquiring a PhD seat?
  4. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  5. What is the minimum marks required in GATE exam to pursue direct PhD in IIT after completing BE in ECE?
  6. What is the minimum percentage required in class 12th to pursue Graduation with B.Sc course?
  7. Procedure to do Ph.D in IT without giving any entrance exam
  8. How to do PhD in Statics after B.Sc Statics in minimum time?
  9. Eligibility to get job in MNC companies after final year BCA with 79%?
  10. Percetage required in graduation to study Law? When the LAWCET notification will be out?
  11. What is the minimum percentage required in 12th to become an Astronaut?
  12. Can I get admission for B.Ed after completing B.Com with 44% marks?
  13. Minimum percentage required in M.A.(Sociology) for Ph.D program?
  14. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?
  15. What is the minimum required percentage to do PhD in English after completion of MA?
  16. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc for PhD? In which college of Rajasthan to apply? Which exam to give for colleges in Rajasthan?
  17. Minimum percentage and qualification required to study PhD in Political Science in Osmania University?
  18. How to get admission in B.Ed under NCTE without 50% as an inservice teacher? -- [Most Discussed]
22nd March 2018, 12:58 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required for a C.A. finalist to pursue PhD?

The CA course is recognised by specific universities as equivalent of a PG course only for the purpose of pursuing other higher studies in limited number of fields. There is no universal recognition across all universities. UGC has not given any equivalence to CA for the purpose of NET exams . NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted to give lectureships, JRFs to candidates. So, a candidate should satisfy the NET eligibility criteria to do Ph.D after CA.

Candidates should get minimum 55% marks at master level to be eligible for UGC NET exam. As some institutions give CA the equal value of Master degree, some experts says that candidates should get 55% marks in CA to appear in NET exam though there is no notice by UGC regarding same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?