29th July 2013, 12:10 PM
prafulranjan143

Is there any scope for defence forces after doing B.Arch?

sir..i wanna knw dat...is der any scope fr joining d defense forces after doing b. arch???

15th June 2016, 06:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any scope for defence forces after doing B.Arch?

Yes having B.Arch. ( Bachelor of Architecture ) degree course you are eligible for joining Indian Defense Sector and that to for becoming a commissioned officer but for that you will have to appear and clear CDS entrance examination.

--> CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same entrance examination is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview.

--> CDS has four wings which includes Naval Academy ( NA ), Air force Academy ( AFA ) , Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA )

--> For appearing in the same examination, apart from your educational qualification you need to be an Indian Citizen with your age lying above 19 years but below 22 years for NA, 23 years for AFA, 24 years for IMA and 25 years for OTA. Also the physical fitness as per the service norms are required for must.

For more details about the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd August 2020, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

But after getting my degree in b-arch my age will be 24...will it matter the age criteria......?
19th September 2020, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

i am doing architecture of 5 years now its my dream to go in army or navy can anyone say me the process or any opportunity i can do after my b.arch in army or navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?