21st June 2012, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Is there direct interview procedure or is there any written entrance exam for CDS?

sir, i have secured 86% in 12th and 85.4 in 10th.
i m studying in b-tech final year with an aggregate of 75%.
sir, is there direct interview procedure or i have to clear the written exam for cds.
please reply...

22nd June 2012, 09:33 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there direct interview procedure or is there any written entrance exam for CDS?

CDS: Combined Defence Services.

The CDS examination is conducted by UPSC, generally twice a year.
The complete recruitment process includes a written test which is followed by SSB interview.

The written examination comprises of three papers.
1. English, 100 marks
2. General Knowledge, 100 marks
3. Elementary Mathematics, 100 marks

There are four wings of Combined Defence Services.
i) Indian Military Academy
ii) Air Force Academy
iii) Navy Academy
iv) Officers Training Academy

If you appear CDS examination for Officers Training Academy only then you will have to
answer only two papers in the written exam which are,

1. English, 100 marks
2. General Knowledge, 100 marks

The last date of receipt of application for next CDS examination is 2nd July 2012.

Visit: http://www.upsc.gov.in/
http://upsconline.nic.in/
22nd June 2012, 09:39 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there direct interview procedure or is there any written entrance exam for CDS?

Eligibility Criteria for CDS :-
1. For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

2. For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

3. For Air Force Academy: Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.

If you get selected then you will be called for a personal interview.

Syllabus for CDS written exam:- general english, general knowledge and elementary maths.

Reference books for CDS entrance exam:-

for elementary maths-R.S.Aggarwal

for general english-The Pearson Guide To English For The Combined Defence Services Examination by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe

For general knowledge:- M.Laxmikanth
22nd June 2012, 03:02 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i have secured 86% in 12th and 85.4 in 10th.
i m studying in b-tech final year with an aggregate of 75%.
sir, is there direct interview procedure or i have to clear the written exam for cds.
please reply...
No you will have to given a written test also.

Indian Military Academy, Indian Navel Academy and Air Force Academy

For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy you will have to give 3 papers each of 100 marks. The time allotted for each paper will be 2 hours

The papers will be of English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. It will consist of objective type questions only.

The papers for General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be available both in hindi and English

Officers’ Training Academy

For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy you will have to give 2 papers each of 100 marks. The time allotted for each paper will be 2 hours.

The papers will be of English and General Knowledge. It will consist of objective type questions only.
The papers for General Knowledge will be available both in hindi and English

Interview/personality test

Those candidates who qualify the written examination will be called for interview. They will also have to give intelligence tests both verbal and non-verbal for testing their basic intelligence

Some group activities like group tests, group discussions, group planning, outdoor group tasks will also be conducted.
The candidate may have to give lecture on a particular topic

Eligibility Criteria for CDS exam

Nationality:

The candidate Must be a Citizen of India

Age limit

-For Officers’ Training Academy the candidate must have completed 19 years of age and should not be more than 25 years of age.

-For IMA the candidate must have completed 19 years of age and should not be more than 24 years of age.

-For Indian Naval Academy the candidate must have completed 19 years of age and should not be more than 22 years of age.

-For Air Force Academy the candidate must have completed 19 years of age and should not be more than 23 years of age.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?