14th April 2017, 09:58 PM
B Mahendra

Tips to speak good English and improve communications skills?

Tips to speak good English and improve communications skills? Can you please guide me with the detailed information on the same which I can follow so that I can improve my English? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon as possible. Kindly get back to me. Thank you!

14th April 2017, 11:37 PM
Srinivasaraovk
Member+

Default Re: Tips to speak good English and improve communications skills?

Tips to follow to speak good English:
1. Reading daily english newspaper.In my view The Hindu paper will be good. By reading news paper on daily basis you will be able to understand the content though you may not be able to know the meaning of few words. Get the meanings for those words from dictionary. No need toread the full paper. One or two articles will be enough.
2. In a week for one day, try to speak in English for whole day. If you speak wrong also no need to worry. If you are staying in a room with friends, try to speak in English only for few days.
3. Whatever you noticed the words in news paper try to use the same in your regular discussions with friends.
4. Learning grammer is also a key factor for better English. By reading any grammer books you can easily understand.
15th April 2017, 08:59 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There are certain backgrounds for improving communication skills in English.

>>First stage is to have good command your basic English Grammar, like knowledge of noun, pronoun, subject verb agreement, singular and plural etc. You can work on these topics with help of English Grammar book by Wren and Martin.

>>Second stage is to have strong vocabulary so that you are rich with good words for proper usage. You can rely on Word Power Made Easy book. You can supplement it by reading good English newspaper like The Hindu and The Indian Express.

>>Third stage, you need to speak in English as much as possible. You can work on English Translation. Fluency will come when you start speaking in English in day to day conversation. You need to overcome hesitation.
15th April 2017, 01:18 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The best methods to improve your English are given below:

- you must be confident enough that you should have a zeal to learn English speaking.

- you must know that where you stand and your level of understanding the English language. If you are not understanding the basic things about English then you can start reading books of small children and then after you can go through newspapers, story books.

- Start watching English movies and try to grasp their way of expressing the views.

- Try to speak in front of mirror and be confident about your way of improvement.

- don't feel bad if you are not grooming yourself day by day easily.

- Some people can take time to improve their English but with time you will see the changes in you.
15th April 2017, 01:38 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

Here I will give you simple tips to speak good English and improve your engilsh speaking skill:

> Put away your grammar books. Don't think about grammar mistakes.
> Learn real English, not text book English.
> You must listen to English everyday.
> To speak good English, learn every word and paragraph deeply.
> You learn to answer question quickly, without thinking.
> Use Internet for your doubts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?