2nd March 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it true that a student scoring 15 or more than 15 marks in Physics board exam they are given grace marks?

I heard that if a student gets 15 and above 15 marks in Physics Board Exam Paper, they pass that student by giving grace marks. Is this true?

4th August 2011, 01:40 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Is it true that a student scoring 15 or more than 15 marks in Physics board exam they are given grace marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I heard that if a student gets 15 and above 15 marks in Physics Board Exam Paper, they pass that student by giving grace marks. Is this true?

The pattern of board is such that every student should pass in exam but if in any case you have got marks closer to pass marks then they will definitely give you some grace mark and you will be passed. Every teacher who checks your copy follows strict marking rule and checks copy according to that rule so they try to pass every students.

Some tips for passing board exam(for weak students):
  • Don't leave your copy blank.
  • Attempt all questions
  • Write point wise .There is no need to just fill the whole copy.
  • Write neat and clean.
  • Attemp only those question in front page in which you are confident because first impression is your last impression.

With Regards
ravik1214
4th August 2011, 01:47 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it true that a student scoring 15 or more than 15 marks in Physics board exam they are given grace marks?

No, this statement is not true that ---"If a student gets 15 and above 15 marks in Physics Board Exam Paper, they pass that student by giving grace marks."

As there is no such provision for the grace marks in CBSE board exam paper & if you will not get the passing marks then you will get the "Unqualifying Grade".

Gradually the word 'fail' would be abolished once this CBSE Grading System is successfully implemented.
4th August 2011, 08:18 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it true that a student scoring 15 or more than 15 marks in Physics board exam they are given grace marks?

hi dear
if you want to pass the paper of board exam
then i give you some advice....

*First when you starts writting ,
first you write what you jnow from the question this answer you write first.

*Then after you do not leave blank paper ,if you leave blank paper then
how a teacher give mark on the blank paper.

So always write something on the paper.

that will help you.

Yes,there is some times true some lecture has good mind when
a student write 15 mark question then they try to
pass the student and give mark on paper
but if you do not write then how they give mark on blank paper
So always write something on the exam paper...............

Good luck..............
4th August 2011, 08:39 AM
sachin200792

In board exams checkers try to pass every student. If you have done well in other courses then you must get a grace but the grace given is only about 10 marks. But in the written exam you require only 22 or 23 marks out of 70. So, if you score 15 or more than 15 in written exam of physics and you have done well in other subjects then probably you should get a grace to pass the subject.
Rest of the marks will be from your 30 marks practical where scoring 15-20 marks is not a big deal.
4th August 2011, 12:16 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Is it true that a student scoring 15 or more than 15 marks in Physics board exam they are given grace marks?

Hi friend,

You need 35% marks to clear exam. That's not a rule to put grace marks and make the student pass if he/she has crossed 15 marks. Putting grace marks depends only on the evaluator who corrects your paper. If you are so close to just pass you will surely get passed with grace marks.

And most of the teachers will try to pass all the students and they will put grace marks for that.
4th August 2011, 12:18 PM
rana2011
Banned

The pattern of board is that the every student should pass in exam but if in any case you have got marks closer to pass marks then they will definitely give you some grace mark and you will be passed.

For weak students Some tips to pass board exam:-

**Don't leave your copy blank.
**Attempt all questions
**Write point wise .There is no need to just fill the whole copy.
**Write neat and clean.
**Attemp only those question in front page in which you are confidentbecause first impression is your last impression.

Thanks!
4th August 2011, 12:27 PM
aisham

Talking Re: Is it true that a student scoring 15 or more than 15 marks in Physics board exam they are given grace marks?

In board exams checking is very linear and the examiner always try to give marks no matter what you have written. But grace marks are not given in Board exams. The examiner gives you the marks if you have written anything. There is no hard marking in Board exams. You should have written something related to study or that subject, no matter that you have writtten on exact point or not.
So be sure that you have answered in someway no matter what you have answered, you will get the passing marks. Hard checking is never done in Board exams. But be sure that checking is very linear so grace marks are not allowed.
4th August 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

I am student of punjab technical university.I have backlog in math-2 and in result i got 18 marks.
Can u tell me ptu gives 6 marks grace or not?
4th August 2011, 01:46 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Hi friend,

To clear a subject in board exam you need to get 35%. There is no rule to put any grace marks for students.

Putting grace marks for students totally depends on the teacher's mind at the time of correction. If a student is very close to pass mark then no worry any teacher would surely make that student pass. Every teacher will try to make all the students pass with grace marks.
4th August 2011, 03:49 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

No not like that. There is no need in putting grace marks to them even after putting they won't pass. Grace marks are put for those who are in need of one or two marks. Teachers mostly won't fail students who score in the border they will make them pass.
4th February 2012, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

How pass in 12th board exams ? If 20day lefts
12th March 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

sir, if my son not able to write cbse board 12 chemistry exam 2012 can he apear for nest year for science , practical marks of this year will be counted or not.
15th March 2012, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

I evaluate 15 marks in chemisty exam .,does cbse give me grace marks....pls help me ,its my one and only weak subject, if i fails _i will hang up myself with fan and suicide.
22nd March 2012, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

would i be passed if i got 22..
are xtra marks are added by the checker
???
24th March 2012, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

if we attempt six mark question but answer is can examiner give some number?
30th March 2012, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir cn i get any marks on long question of 6 marks in which my steps were correct bt i dint get correct answer. So what is the possibility of gettin marks in this type of question........sir plz reply or else ill commit suicide.....n m the only son of my parent and we are very poor...i will nt able to continue my studiz
30th March 2012, 10:49 PM
kaveribiswas

The pattern of board is such that every student should pass in exam but if in any case you have got marks closer to pass marks then they will definitely give you some grace mark and you will be passed. Every teacher who checks your copy follows strict marking rule and checks copy according to that rule so they try to pass every students.
27th April 2012, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

yes step marking is done in boards.. even if the answer is wrong you can even get 4 out of 6 or even 5 out of 6...
28th April 2012, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

i attempted the 10std board exam..nd m not sure that m not gona pass in maths..so i want to know the passing marks in a subject..nd if i failed..what is the procedure then..
30th April 2012, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

sir suppose any two subject u will gone to fail for 5 or 6 marks so board give grace marks?????
14th May 2012, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i think i will get 20 out of 70 in physics aissce 2012,will i be given grace marks to pass ?????
14th May 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

sir will cbse will qive 2 marks to pass the student
15th May 2012, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

can u tell me about amet university, chennai
is it reliable with its placements
18th May 2012, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir i written 32 marks correct in physics 12th i will pass or not
22nd May 2012, 04:50 AM
Unregistered

sir i am scoring 23 marks in my mathematics board exam 2012.will cbse
board give me grace marks of 10
24th May 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

i wrote wt ws given in questn will i get sm marks their in maths exam?
5th June 2012, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

i got 16 in 2012 result in chemistry so how much grace will be provided
21st February 2013, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

sir...how to pass the physics exam as i have prepared nothing till yet and
the exam is on 5th march 2013
23rd February 2013, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

if i got 20 marks in hindi and 20 marks in english then i will get grace marks to pass hsc and i had not given oral exam also pls rly in my mail [email protected]
26th February 2013, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

will students be given grace marks for HSC physics paper 2013 and are they required to get 25% marks in written paper
26th February 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

will HSC 2013 science students be given grace marks for physics paper and are they required to get 25% in written paper
27th February 2013, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

i've attempted all que in phy but defn .5 marks from last question in section is mistaken how many marks Will be given to me
3rd March 2013, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

if i get 15 or 16 marks in physics boad exam they are giving grace marks?
5th March 2013, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

what is the pass mark of physics theory
6th March 2013, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

sir !z plzz help me ...am an cbse student ... sir 05-03-13 was my phy paper ... i completed 45 mark out of 70 ... due to tension i was not able to complete the paper and i left 25 marks ... sir plz tell me if i get 18 or 17 marks in phy will i be passed by the checker... rply
8th March 2013, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have given my CBSE class 12 physics paper on 5 march 2013 i don't no anything but i have attemped all questions so can i will pass
17th March 2013, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Question Re: Is it true that a student scoring 15 or more than 15 marks in Physics board exam they are given grace marks?

i got correct 19-20 marks will cbse pass me?
17th March 2013, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

sir im expecting 18 in bio,15 in phy and 16 in chem will i pass?
17th March 2013, 05:38 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

It is not that true and don’t believe in such news whenever you get them.

The marks depend on the presentation of the paper and the exact marks will be awarded in the final examination.

So give your best in the examination and score better marks in order to get passed and have good future.

Thank you,

All the best.
20th March 2013, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

the exam 2 puc maths exam of karnataka state syllabas conducted on march 2013 was the toughest 1 since 2006,is it true that the students will get 20 marks grace for this????since most oof questoins werw unknown to solve..
22nd March 2013, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

sir i think i will get 20 to 21 marks in maths out of 100.Will i be given grace marks to pass?
24th March 2013, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,wat Iz the accurate marks for passing in hsc plzzzz answer ........
26th March 2013, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

sir pls tell me muje physics ke paper me bhout kam atta tha par mene 50 marks ka paper attempt keha hai or sara question ke related he kea hai but not to the point can i got passs.plz reply
27th March 2013, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir will i pass in physics if i get 17 out of 70 in theory?
27th March 2013, 10:16 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No I don't feel there is as such provision that students scoring 15 marks will get grace marks..

This is wrong information.
28th March 2013, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am expecting 17 marks in chemistry,11 marks in physics,15 in maths.
Can I get compartment.please replay me sir.
28th March 2013, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am expecting 17 marks in chemistry,11 marks in physics,15 in maths.
Can I get compartment even.please replay me sir.
3rd April 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

I am exepting 18 marks in physics and 28 marks in maths . So i get the grace in this 2
5th April 2013, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Is it true that 1st and 3rd set of maths paper, will be given extra 6 marks?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?