1st June 2010, 10:31 PM
dr tejaswini

UPSC options for BDS Dentists?

hello sir/ mam i am a dentist and want to appear for upsc next year can u please help me regarding which option would be better for me
waiting for reply
thanks

2nd June 2010, 08:43 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: UPSC options for BDS Dentists?

Hello Doctor,
There is always a chance to get a government job for professionals and you being a dentist can apply for medical officer in reserved police force and other similar department.

You may also apply in Indian Army and Navy according to the availibility of job in UPSC. So, I would suggest you to visit the official website of UPSC frequently and go through the employement news for picking the right job before its too late
Regards
2nd June 2010, 11:50 AM
Amritansu subh

There is no option for dentist in UPSC,its better you apply for P.G to be a GOVERMWNT doctor or make a private clinic
5th June 2010, 08:49 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

dear friend........
you can give a medical exam conducted by the upsc..........this exam is only for the mbbs and the bds candidates........
14th June 2010, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

What is next app. 4 B.D.S?
9th July 2010, 02:11 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

BDS aspirants can appear for the CMSE , Combined Medical Service Examination which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Comission).CMSE consists of two written and personality test. Only the candidate holding MBBS degree and are below 32 years are eligible.The following site can be referred for more details http://www.upscexam.com/defence_academy/army-dental-corps.html.
Job opportunities include medical officers , doctors , researchers and tutors.
11th July 2010, 11:30 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: UPSC options for BDS Dentists?

Hi,

There is obvoisly medical entry through UPSC. Combined Medical Services Exam is conducted by UPSC every year for medical practioners. Do check the UPSC wesite :
http://www.upsc.gov.in/ for more details.
Good Luck.
12th July 2010, 12:56 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
eligibility criteria
Candidates appearing for CMS exam should have a mbbs degree from a recognised institute or be in their final year period.Age limit:21-32.
UPSC exam date:jan 3rd week,2010
15th September 2010, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing bachellor of dental surgery(B.D.S).i want to appear in UPSC exam,may i get upper rank as like as MBBS holder???
16th September 2010, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

being a bds can i appear for upsc cms exam .............
27th December 2010, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

can a bds apply for upsc exams?
29th January 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Please give me the date and year of BDS UPSC exam 2011
12th May 2011, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

what are subjects for a bds person in upsc exam
15th May 2011, 10:32 PM
ashishshekhar

Hi dear,

BDS aspirants can appear for the CMSE , Combined Medical Service Examination which is

conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Comission).CMSE consists of two written and

personality test. Only the candidate holding MBBS degree and are below 32 years are

eligible.The following site can be referred for more details http://www.upscexam.com/defence_academy/army-dental-corps.html.

Thanks
1st June 2011, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,i would like to know the CMSE dates for BDS candiadtes in 2011.dr sangita
26th September 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr tejaswini View Post
hello sir/ mam i am a dentist and want to appear for upsc next year can u please help me regarding which option would be better for me
waiting for reply
thanks
Hii optional selection entirely depends on once intrest towards the subjet and the ease in which he undestands it i myself being a bds degree holder just given my 2nd attempt in first attempt i had qulified for mains but unable to clear now again i am gona torture upsc mains and orals -dr. harish Vijayawada
26th September 2011, 06:17 PM
dil-jale

hi dear,

There is obvoisly medical entry through UPSC. BDS aspirants can appear for the CMSE , Combined Medical Service Examination which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Comission).CMSE consists of two written and personality test. Only the candidate holding MBBS degree and are below 32 years are eligible.

thanks
19th October 2011, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

jobs after bds
13th December 2012, 11:26 PM

Default total papers and total numbers of upsc entrence exam

[QUOTE=dr tejaswini;86984]hello sir/ mam i am a dentist and want to appear for upsc next year can u please help me regarding which option would be better for me w
24th March 2013, 06:46 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
waiting for reply
thanks
Yes you can apply for upsc as it is very good option and you don't need to worry much about it..

Just go for it..

The upsc good option.
21st April 2013, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

I am a Bds intern,now what can i do for a govmnt job after my course immediately?
8th July 2013, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Syallabus for upsc examination for dental students?
12th July 2013, 08:28 PM
chriss harris

Quote:
waiting for reply
thanks
BDS is the undergraduate programme offered by many universities in India. This five degree programme covers many theory as well as the practical subjects related with dentistry. After the successful completion of this bachelor’s degree, one can find jobs in any government or private hospitals as dentists. The various areas of their employment are

Government hospital
Reputed dental colleges
Research and advisory departments
Industries manufacturing oral care products and medicines like toothpastes, mouth washes, gum paints etc.
Forensic department
Research on related subjects like Oral cancer
Jobs in Government Sector

There are many career opportunities for the BDS graduates in the government sectors. They can get employment through various government examinations such as UPSC, State PSCs, SSC, Public sector banks, etc. They are also recruited by other departments like Railways, Defense and Ordnance factories for the hospitals run by them. At the entry level the BDS graduates can practice as dentist in government hospitals, private nursing homes, corporate or industrial hospitals.

Central Government Jobs after BDS

Central government offers numerous opportunities for the eligible candidates in various posts in the public sector departments. The recruitments are done through the written tests. The BDS graduates can also apply for the various posts in the health care division in the public sector. They can attend the examinations organized for this recruitment. Through the tests like Combined Medical Services, the qualified candidates are appointed to the government hospitals as dentists.

They can also enter the Army Dental Corps through the UPSC examination. For appearing in this they must have at least 60% marks in BDS and one year internship training as prescribed by the DCI. They can also apply for the posts like IAS, IPS, IFS and other central government services. Since there are not many opportunities for the BDS graduates, the better choice for them is to go for the advanced studies in the related specializations for more opportunities and bright career.

Teaching Profession in Government Sector after BDS

Another best option for the BDS graduates is in the teaching field. They can search for jobs in various reputed universities as the lecturers. The Kerala University, Delhi University, JNU, etc. offers opportunities for them. But for the teaching profession, most of the universities will require candidates with Master’s degree in same field. After entering the profession in public sectors they can apply for the departmental tests for getting high designation jobs.

How to prepare for all these exams?

First of all, the candidates preparing for these government examinations should make strong fundamental basis. They need to make a better understanding about the syllabus of the concerned examination. Next step is to divide the whole syllabus into small sections depending on personal knowledge and the level of difficulty in each subject. They must plan a well scheduled timetable for the preparations and should cover the subjects according to the plan. This will help the candidates to improve their confidence and get closer to achieve the goals.

Coaching Centers for Competitive Exams for Government Jobs

Students can also go for the coaching classes for preparing these examinations. There are numerous coaching institutes which imparts coaching for various competitive examinations. Some of them are T.I.M.E, A.S. InfoTech Competitive Coaching Institute, Brilliance college, Success Point, IMS and Infinity Classes.

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/government-jobs-after-bds/#ixzz2Yq7G6A3Y
26th March 2014, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

can a bds student apply for combined medical service exam during his internship conducted by UPSC ?
26th June 2014, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can a bds student apply for combined medical service exam during his internship conducted by UPSC ?
definitely during internship yu can partcipate in exam...but bds holders are eligible?? i doubt cuz d syllabus entirely of medical pattern...
21st December 2016, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m not clear from above conversation as whether dentist can give CMS exam..
Or if we can give how to select subject becoz syallbus is entirely of medical so how to proceed
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?