28th July 2020, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Are we eligible for Indian Economics Service (IES) with a Master's degree in Economics?

Hi, I have completed Master's in Economics through distance education mode. Am I eligible to apply and appear for Indian Economic Service (IES) entrance examination?

15th August 2020, 07:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible for Indian Economics Service (IES) with a Master's degree in Economics?

First thing I would like to let you know is that the minimum education required to apply for Indian Economics Services (IES) examination is a Post Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognised Indian or Foreign university approved by Central Government.

So, having completed your Master's degree course in Economics even in distance mode, you are eligible for appearing in the IES examination if your university is approved for distance education program by UGC.

For more FAQs related to IES examination, you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
25th August 2021, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Are we eligible for Indian Economics Service (IES) with a Master's degree in Economics?

I will in 2nd semister of my MA in Economics program by the month of April 2022. Can I sit for the IES exam then? Or do I have to wait another year until I complete my MA. Please response soon.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?