30th April 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I get opportunity in Indian Economics service or civil service after doing M.Com after B.Com?

Dear sir ,I want to do the M.com after B.com can I get the oppurtunities for Indian Economic service or civil service from it.thanks-umang raj

1st May 2012, 11:41 AM
uday.krk

Default Re: Can I get opportunity in Indian Economics service or civil service after doing M.Com after B.Com?

first of all ur age must be between 21 to 30years by the time you are appearing for the exam.

Minimum Educational Qualifications :
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

and you can attempt a maximum of 4 times only...
1st May 2012, 01:48 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get opportunity in Indian Economics service or civil service after doing M.Com after B.Com?

You can apply in Civil services examination after completing your B.com but you can not apply in Indian Economics service even after completing your M.com as to apply in Indian Economics service you need to be post graduated in mathematics/economics/Business economics or in applied economics.

Details about the Civil Services Examination (IFS , IAS, IPS)

IAS/IPS/IFS (Civil Service Exam) has three stages to be cleared by candidate.
  • Preliminary Exam
(OBJECTIVE TYPE)

This objective type Preliminary examination is done for screening the candidate who are actually eiligible for Indian Administration Service among the lakhs number of candidates apply for Indian Administration Service.

• Main examination
(DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)

This examination is conduct to see as how many people are actually prepared for Indian Administration Service to take the huge responsibility attach to the work of Indian Administration officer.This examination give examiner a actual view of the knowledge ,thinking and understanding level of candidate.

• Personal interview

This interview is done in order to see the personality and capability of candidate which have perform really well in Preliminary examination and Main examination.To see that whether he/she be able to perform the duties of Indian Administration officers well or not.

Minimum Eligibility for IAS/IPS/IFS exam

1.Graduated from recognized university in any discipline.

2.final year student can also apply.

Age should be between

21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:

4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

For more info,
www.upsc.gov.in
9th June 2012, 06:57 PM
rg26

I am willing to attempt for Indian economic exam. My qualification is B.com, M.com. Please suggest.
9th June 2012, 07:01 PM
rg26

Question Re: Can I get opportunity in Indian Economics service or civil service after doing M.Com after B.Com?

I am OBC and age is 32, am i quilifying for the Indian economic exam?
14th August 2012, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Can I get opportunity in Indian Economics service or civil service after doing M.Com after B.Com?

No, You Can't appeare for IES examination after M.Com.

The Minimum qualification for IES examination is A Post-Graduate Degree from an Indian University (must be recognized by appropriate authorities) in Economics / Econometrics / Business Economics / Applied Economics.

It' Means you must have obtained either M.A / M.Sc (Economics/ Econometrics/ Business Economics / Applied Economics)
11th September 2012, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

hi,
can someone please tell me if i am eligible for ies exam 2012 ? i have just given ma eco first year exam from annamalai..my final exam will be in may 2013..ies selection is done in june 2013 ,but my ma eco final result will only come aftr ies interviwe in september 2013.so can i state result awited at time of interview?
thanks a lot
12th September 2012, 10:22 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get opportunity in Indian Economics Service/Civil Service after doing M.Com & B.Com.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC every year for appointment of selected candidate in the top administrative post under Central Government such as IAS/IPS/IES/IFS/IRS etc.

To be eligible for Civil Service exam one must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th September 2012, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir, can you tell me from where can i get Indian Economic Service exam question paper for the year 2008,2007,2006,2005..........?
U can send in my email id :- [email protected]
For general english which book shall i follow!!!!!!PLs guide.......
27th May 2013, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

sir actually i completed 12th in commerce streem and i want to do IES(indian economic service) should i go for B'COM or BA?
27th May 2013, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

sir actually i completed 12th in commerce stream & i want to do IES(indian economic service) should i go for B.COM or BA?
27th May 2013, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

sir actually i completed 12th in commerce stream & i want to do IES(indian economic service) should i go for B.COM or BA?
8th September 2013, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

Is the no of attempts at the Indian Economic services Fixed at 4 for General candidates? I have heard that there is no such limit to the no of attempts, one has to be between 21-30 years of age to appear for the examination as many times as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?