30th October 2018, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Are we eligible for NET/GATE after M.Sc in Environmental Science?

I have completed my M.Sc in Environmental Science. Am I eligible to apply for NET or GATE entrance exams after this? If not, then what should I do to get eligible for either NET or GATE?

31st October 2018, 10:24 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible for NET/GATE after M.Sc in Environmental Science?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The academic qualification required to apply for NET exam is master's degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum of 55% marks.

For GATE exam, bachelor's degree in technology or Master's degree in science is required. You are eligible to apply for NET/GATE exam after M.Sc in Environmental Science course.
31st October 2018, 11:48 AM
Anwesha Banerjee15

You are eligible for NET exam. You can sit for CSIR-NET life science subject or UGC-NET environmental science subject.
You need to have at-least 50% marks in aggregate in your post-graduation ( a 5% relaxation is given incase of reserved classes). You should be not more than 28years of age if you want to apply for JRF post. For L.S post there is no age bar.

Candidate having M.Sc in environmental science is not eligible for GATE exam.
31st October 2018, 12:28 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for exams mentioned:

1. National Eligibility Test:

Master's degree in any stream with minimum of 55%marks.

No upper age limit for lectureship.

2. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering:

Bachelor of Technology or Master's degree in Science from a recognized institute.

You can apply for NET and GATE exam both after M.Sc in Environmental science.
31st October 2018, 04:02 PM
somany3116

Smile Re: Are we eligible for NET/GATE after M.Sc in Environmental Science?

Yes, you are eligible for GATE exam. Any student having M.Sc degree in Environmental Science can apply for GATE.
31st October 2018, 07:48 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

NETstands for National eligibility test and GATEstands for Graduate aptitude test in engineering.

The academic qualification required for NET exam is masters degree in any discipline with minimum of 55% marks.

You must be Bachelor of Technology holder or M.sc candidate to apply for GATE exam as , as you are MSc environmental science you can apply for both GATE and NET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?