27th January 2017, 05:09 PM
ujjwalkhatkar

What is the age criteria required for admission in class 1?

Respected Sir, I want you to confirm about the requirement of age of my Son to get admission in Class 1 as his dob is 4 years old now. If the requirement is 5 years and he is just 2 months less in 5 years so I want to know can he get admission in class 1? Please answer as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Dr. Anurag Khatkar.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum age required for admission in class 1? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  2. Age criteria to get admission in KG at St Xavier School, Patna? -- [New]
  3. CBSE age criteria required to get admission in 10th Class -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the eligibility criteria required to get admission in class one? When will be the admission form available for next session?
  5. What is the minimum age required for admission in class 5 in WBBSE board?
  6. What is the age criteria required for admission in class 1?
  7. What is the qualification criteria required to become an SP? What is the age and physical criteria required?
  8. Age Criteria required to pursue 10th Class from ICSE board?
  9. What is the age criteria followed for joining in CBSE school?
  10. What is the age criteria followed for admission of KG students?
  11. What is the minimum age required to get admission in class 1 CBSE Board?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria required for admission in Nursery? What is the minimum age required for admission?
  13. Can I apply for LLB course while pursuing CS course? When is the last date for application this year?
  14. What is the minimum age required to get admission in class 1 CBSE Board?
  15. What is the criteria required to get admission in class 5? What will be the fee structure?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in SCRA entrance exam if applied but pursuing final year of B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?
  17. What is the minimum age required after completing class 12th for pursuing LLB course?
  18. What is the minimum age required for admission in class 9th CBSE Board?
29th January 2017, 02:48 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria required for admission in class 1?

The minimum age required for the child to take admission in Class one is 5 years 6 months. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, your son is 4 years old, so, he is not eligible to get admission in class 1. The candidate needs to satisfy the exact age limit to take admission in class 1 else, he will face problem for appearing in 10th standard board examinations.
29th January 2017, 03:17 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no official notification released by CBSE or any recognised board to get admission of candidates in any std.

The age criteria to get admission in any school varies with state as it is the responsibility of Directorates of the State Government to declare the minimum age limit criteria for the admission.

For more information about age limit details visit the respective school or the Directorates of State Education Board office.
29th January 2017, 05:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that different board of education has different age criteria for admission in their schools as for CBSE school admission it follows the norms that student's age must not lie under 14 years by the 1st October of that year in which he/she gets admitted to his Class 10th where as ICSE school norms followed by the concerned state board of education.

Now as far as you are concerned about the admission in Class 1 being a 4 year old then I would like to let you know that your son is not eligible for admission in CBSE schools right now as his age will be under 14 years by the 1st October of that year in which he will pursue his Class 10th. Further for checking admission criteria of different state boards of education you can refer to their respective official link.
30th January 2017, 09:52 PM
BESTANI
Junior Member+

Dear Sir,

The correct age criteria according to age is :

3 year - nursery
4 year - LKG
5 year - UKG
6 years - 1 st class
7 year- 2nd class
8 year- 3rd class
9 year- 4 th class
10 year- 5h class
11 year- 6th class
12 year 7th class
13 year - 8th class
14 year - 9 th class
15 year - 10 th class
16 to 17 years - +2 or intermediate
18 to 20 - graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?