17th April 2013, 12:14 AM
jyotibathla

What is the age limit to do LLB? I am 28 years old and have completed 12th

hi i am 28 years old and completed my 12th from india,want to know that what is the age limit of doing LLB?

17th April 2013, 09:28 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit to do LLB? I am 28 years old and have completed 12th

LL.B. - Bachelor of Law can be pursed in two ways, one after 12th called as Integrated LL.B. of 5 years duration and other after Graduation of 3 years duration.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed 12th in any stream with 50% marks from a recognised Board within the age of 20 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for 5 years Integrated LL.B.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having completed Graduation Degree with 40% marks in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate can apply for 3 years LL.B.

As you are 28 years of age and have completed 12th, so you are not eligible for 5 years Integrated LL.B. but if you are for reserved category and should have completed Graduation within the specified age, you may be eligible for 3 years LL.B.
17th April 2013, 09:04 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the age limit to do LLB? I am 28 years old and have completed 12th

LL.B. stands for Bachelor of Law which is of two types.

After 12th one can purse LL.B. which is of 5 years duration and the age limit for which is 20 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

One can purse LL.B. which is of 3 years duration after Graduation in any stream and the age limit for which is 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

You will not be eligible for 5 years LL.B. after 12th as you are over age and you may try for 3 years LL.B. after Graduation.
17th April 2013, 09:27 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It will be quite difficult for you to pursue LLB. Firstly you are not eligible for LLB as for now. You will first have to complete a graduation course to be eligible for the LLB course.

It will take 3 years to complete graduation which will make it difficult for you to apply for the LLB. The age limit for LLB is 30 years while you will be 31 by the time your graduation course will be completed.

Only if you belongs to SC/ST, it would be possible to apply for the LLB course. Otherwise I don't see how you can apply for the LLB course.

Unfortunately there is no distance education course for LLB either. The course offered through distance education is not acceptable with Bar Council of India. Therefore as mentioned earlier you should only think about LLB if belongs to SC or ST.

Otherwise please consider some other career option. But it is highly recommended to complete graduation.

LLB Eligibility

1. A graduation degree is necessary to apply for LLB.

2. At least 45 percent marks in qualifying course.

3. SC/ST need 40 percent marks.

4. Candidates older than 30 years are not eligible.

5. Up to 5 years relaxation for SC and ST candidates.

6. No relaxation is offered for OBC.
17th April 2013, 09:28 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

The CLAT is an all India entrance examination conducted by National Law Universities for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B & LL.M).

Eligibility for CLAT
:

- You should be 12th pass in any discipline.

- You should have min.50% marks and 5% relaxation to SC/ST/OBC students.

- Your age should not be more than 20 years in case of General/OBC candidates,22 years in case of SC/ST .

Pattern of the exam:

EXam will have MCQ type questions,questions are asked from following areas:

- General Knowledge/Current Affairs
- Mathematics
- Logical Reasoning
- Legal Aptitude/Legal Awareness

All the best...............
20th April 2014, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

hi i am 35 years old and completed my 12th from india,want to know that what is the age limit of doing LLB?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?