13th March 2014, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit for government job?

I am Neha , I belongs from general category . I am 25 year old. I did my PG . Diploma in dietetics with first class. I want to know that , Am I eligible for government job? Please reply as soon as possible...

14th May 2015, 02:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for government job?

It is hard to give you the information about the age limit for government job without knowing your field of interest and in which types of job you are keen to go for .

Generally the upper age limit for the government jobs like Civil services , Bank Probationary officers , etc. is 30 years for general category where as for few
jobs like Bank clerk and defense services it is 28 years and 25 years respectively.Also there is no age limit for the job of lawyer .So it varies sector to sector as you can observe it .

Also the educational qualification for each of the mentioned examination is graduation degree from a recognized university and your nationality must be Indian .

So if your field of interest lie within the given options then you should apply for it if your age does not exceeds the upper age limit .Otherwise ask your query again with the full information .
14th May 2015, 03:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for government job?

Yes you are eligible for most of the government jobs in different sector. The jobs in the present era are through the entrance test conducted for the same. Getting the jobs is very tough due to the tough competition.

Yes you are eligible for giving the application for jobs in Banking, Civil Services and state service commission, railway etc.

The eligibility criteria for most of them are :-
* Candidates must have graduation degree from a recognized university.
* Candidates age must be between 21-30 for general category candidates can apply.

There is no specific requirements of aggregate or discipline for most of the jobs. So you can apply. But you have to work very hard to get success in the examination and for final selection for the jobs.

You can visit at www.upsc.gov.in , www.ssconline.in. , www.ibps.com. etc for the.notifications for the jobs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?