24th May 2017, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

What is the age requirement for class 1 in Karnataka?

My child is 1 year 5 months in june. He is a Jan born and according to the article child should be 4-6 year for std 1 so is it OK that I put him in playgroup now or should I have to wait for a year to do so. Because one of the article also states in Karnataka child should be 5 year 10 months by the time he reaches class 1 from year 17/18 session.. Please help as there are lot of confusion

Related Questions:
  1. What is the age criteria required for admission in class 1?
  2. Minimum age requirement for PMT exam?
  3. Will I be considered under Karnataka quota for taking admission in medical colleges of Karnataka? I am pursuing my schooling from AP, but my father had studied in Karnataka for 6 years
  4. Am I eligible for Karnataka quota?
  5. How much percentage is required to take admission in MBBS government college in India
  6. What are the requirements for career in banking for 12th commerce? What type of entrance exam is conducted? Is there a career in any other field in commerce stream?
  7. Will I be eligible for Karnataka CET after studying in class 11th in CBSE board? My parents are from Karnataka
  8. Am I eligible for government sears after studying from class 1st to 10th in Karnataka and PU I and II from Tamilnadu?
  9. Eligibility criteria and physical requirement for Karnataka Administrative Service exam? Syllabus and pattern of this exam?
  10. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET?
  11. Eligibility criteria for Karnataka CET examination for those who have studied in Karnataka from class 9th to diploma
  12. Admission in polytechnic diploma in engineering after completing ITI course? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible for Karnataka quota after studying for 7 years in Bangalore?
  14. What is the age requirement for B.Ed entrance?
  15. How to become a Local Student in AP?
  16. What is the upper Age limit for medical colleges in Karnataka?
  17. Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?
  18. Age limit for medical stream after passing 12th? I am studying in class 11th CBSE in JNV Dharwad Karnataka
24th May 2017, 05:13 PM
help100%

Default Re: What is the age requirement for class 1 in Karnataka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My child is 1 year 5 months in june. He is a Jan born and according to the article child should be 4-6 year for std 1 so is it OK that I put him in playgroup now or should I have to wait for a year to do so. Because one of the article also states in Karnataka child should be 5 year 10 months by the time he reaches class 1 from year 17/18 session.. Please help as there are lot of confusion
Look generally before attaining 5 years of age a child is put in a kindergarten or playschool but once he/she get enough with the fun and basic a,b,c,d.... he/she needs to be admitted in class 1 and that is generally 5 yrs of age of most of the child, I have seen 4 years old child taking admission because of their high intellectual level and even 6 years old child taking admission because of lower intellectual level in class 1. So, it depends the child is under what situation and accordingly he/she needs to be admitted in the class 1 of a standard school.

The best way is to randomly take your child to class 1 admission tests conducted by schools around May to July, and there the counsellor will tell you whether he/she is eligible for the admission in class 1 in the current session.

Hope the above information helped you, for further information do let us know.
24th May 2017, 10:27 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Age requirement for class one in Karnatka:-

The minimum age criteria to take admission in lst standard in any CBSE school is 5 years.

A child must have completed 5 years of age in order to seek admission in Ist standard of CBSE school.
24th May 2017, 10:50 PM
mrghost
Member+

According to the chairman of CBSE the minimum age criteria to take admission in 1st standard in Karnataka is 5 years.
24th May 2017, 11:07 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As per the minimum eligibility criteria and according to the rules of education required to get admission in 1st standard is minimum 5 years. If a candidate has attained the age of 5 years then he or she is eligible to get admission in any CBSE school.
So apply for admission according to age of child.
25th May 2017, 04:30 AM
Brigadier_ ASKumar

Post Re: What is the age requirement for class 1 in Karnataka?

There is no such criteria or age requirement for class 1. If your child is a active and well mental growth is under process, then you can go to any school or ask principal. they may help you.

Warm Regards,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?