27th August 2012, 06:31 PM
ramesh dhoni

What can I do after qualifying GATE?

good evening sir, i am qualifying gate 2012 but not recive rank card . what i do ?

29th August 2012, 04:53 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

Default Re: What can I do after qualifying GATE?

Actually, a candidate aspiring to qualify GATE with a good %ile should start the preparation from the 1st semester. GATE covers the topics starting from your 1st semester. If anyone misses out that time, he should start from at least 4th semester, as he'll get chance in his 6th semester also to appear for the exam.

GATE Objective::::::::::

To identify techie nd motivated candidates for admission to PG Programmes in Engineering, Technology at the National level.

ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF GATE:::::::::

>>M.Tech degree leads to specialization and furthering of interest in a certain area which may lead to Ph.D

>>M.Tech degree is best for those wishing to apply for Faculty/Research positions in educational Institutes/R&D centers.

AFTER EXAM STEPS::::::::::

>>After publication of GATE results, students must apply to individual Institutes to get their application forms.

>>Institutes advertise M.Tech admissions in leading newspapers from 1st April till end July. However some Institutes do not advertise and therefore students have to get the forms themselves.

>>In the application forms, you have to mention your GATE score alongwith other details.

>>The concerned Institute may conduct written test and/or interview for the purpose of admission.

>>If your GATE score in Computer Science is 96 percentile or more then you can try for IITs, if between 85 - 96 percentile, then apply for top RECs, JADAVPUR,
SHIBPUR, ROORKEE, etc. If less than 85, you have to look for appropriate institutes.

BENEFIT::Scholarship:::::::::::::::::

During the pursuit of M.Tech, you are paid a scholarship of Rs. 8000.00 per month by the Government of India. The scholarship is paid for the entire 18 months M.Tech period.

SPECIAL BENEFITS::::::::::::::

>>GATE score is valid for 2 years.

>>The syllabus as required by GATE is generally over by 5th semester.

All the best
29th August 2012, 10:38 PM
suvendum14

hi..
after getting gate score card you can do -
1. M.TECH
2. you can apply in many govt sector for PI..

About M.tech..
after scoring well in GATE you can get admsiion in IITs,NITs..
you will also get scholarship around 10,000 rs per month during the whole 2 years of M.Tech..
then you can stdy firther also,..
otherwise you can apply many govt and private sector for jobs with the GATE score card..
All the best thanks you..
~$uVenDu~
29th August 2012, 10:41 PM
suvendum14

Wink Re: What can I do after qualifying GATE?

hi..
after getting gate score card you can do -
1. M.TECH
2. you can apply in many govt sector for PI..

About M.tech..
after scoring well in GATE you can get admssion in IITs,NITs..
you will also get scholarship around 10,000 rs per month during the whole 2 years of M.Tech..
then you can study further also,..
otherwise you can apply many govt and private sector for jobs with the GATE score card..
All the best thanks you..
~$uVenDu~
30th August 2012, 01:12 AM
soumadeep7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh dhoni View Post
good evening sir, i am qualifying gate 2012 but not recive rank card . what i do ?
GATE Objective::::::::::

To identify techie nd motivated candidates for admission to PG Programmes in Engineering, Technology at the National level.

ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF GATE:::::::::

>>M.Tech degree leads to specialization and furthering of interest in a certain area which may lead to Ph.D

>>M.Tech degree is best for those wishing to apply for Faculty/Research positions in educational Institutes/R&D centers.

AFTER EXAM STEPS::::::::::

>>After publication of GATE results, students must apply to individual Institutes to get their application forms.

>>Institutes advertise M.Tech admissions in leading newspapers from 1st April till end July. However some Institutes do not advertise and therefore students have to get the forms themselves.

>>In the application forms, you have to mention your GATE score alongwith other details.

>>The concerned Institute may conduct written test and/or interview for the purpose of admission.

>>If your GATE score in Computer Science is 96 percentile or more then you can try for IITs, if between 85 - 96 percentile, then apply for top RECs, JADAVPUR,
SHIBPUR, ROORKEE, etc. If less than 85, you have to look for appropriate institutes.

BENEFIT::Scholarship:::::::::::::::::

During the pursuit of M.Tech, you are paid a scholarship of Rs. 8000.00 per month by the Government of India. The scholarship is paid for the entire 18 months M.Tech period.

SPECIAL BENEFITS::::::::::::::

>>GATE score is valid for 2 years.

>>The syllabus as required by GATE is generally over by 5th semester.
30th August 2012, 01:47 AM
incredibleshub

As you know GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

The GATE Examination 2012 is commenced on Jan 29th 2012(Online) and on Feb 12th 2012(Offline) .

The eligibility for this examination is :

You must be a Graduate in any stream of Engineering.
You cannot apply for this examination, if you are in IIIrd year of your Engineering .
Your age must be above 19 years.

Advantages for you, if you get Qualified in the GATE entrance examination :

>> You can easily get an admission into Post Graduation course M'tech .

>> Many Govt Companies will recruit the candidates depending on the Qualification and Merit in the GATE examination .

>> If you are qualified in the GATE examination, you are easily get placed in the Top MNC's.

>> Once you crack the GATE Examination, then all other Aptitude test which you appear further will be simpler to you.

>> GATE examination will make you to know about your status in the Technical Knowledge.

This examination is for 3 hours of duration.

The GATE syllabus is common for IT and CSE .

You can crack the examination by following the GK Publication's Solved Papers Book :

Good Luck !!
30th August 2012, 08:48 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,
if you are qualified for GATE exam then you go to study for M.TECH or you can apply for govermental job,by attaching the score card of GATE you are being promoted also.
if you go towards M.TECH line the goverment will provide you the scholarship RS 10,000/- per month during the whole 2 years of M.Tech.
i will suggest you to do the M.TECH course to seccure your future.

good luck
31st August 2012, 09:39 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)

Eligibility Criteria:

*The Candidate should have complete graduation on Engineering with any stream

*There is no age Criteria to appear for this exam

*There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE Exam

*The Candidate also who are pursuing final year of graduation course in Engineering students also eligible for this exam

all the best..
29th December 2012, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i am in army and after completing graduation (through IEI,KOLKATA)in computer science i wish appear in gate exam .IS THERE ANY QUOTA FOR EX SERVICEMEN
17th March 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i have qualified in gate 2013 with an AIR of 352 in the stream of biotechnology. i dont know what to do now. can you please suggest me
17th March 2013, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Default What can I do after qualifying GATE?

Plz........ upload cut-off of GATE score for PSUs........for EC branch Genearl category.My marks is 27.33 and rank about 25000.Reply soon.....
18th March 2013, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

what can i do with qualifying GATE in life science????? plz reply soon
19th March 2013, 12:53 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Talking Re: What can I do after qualifying GATE?

Quote:

Hi,

If you are qualified for GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering), and you are above the cutoff mark for SC category then you will receive your GATE scorecard.

DISCLAIMER:

>>GATE score cards are valid for 2 years.

>>Even if you are qualified and your score is below the cutoff for SC category,your score card will not be sent to you.

>> You can also check the main website for more details about score card.

>>The best thing if you are qualified is that they will send you the score card to your home address or the address you have provided in the communication address.

>>You will get a monthly stipend of Rs 8000/- from MHRD, enjoy!!
20th March 2013, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

My GATE CS 2013 score is 379 and my AIR is 10308. My percentile is 95.4. What are my chances of getting admission for m.tech in NIT's. Please suggest me good m.tech colleges which suit me best according to my GATE score and my AIR. My category is general. Please rpy as soon as possible as I've no other source of communication.
22nd March 2013, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

My gate EC 2013 score is 267 and my AIR is 36413. my category is BC , i didnt get any percentile .. am not having any source to know about this please help me...
22nd March 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

mama i didnt get percentile ... how to find it out
my score is 267 and my AIR:36413.... category BC.
i didnt get any percentile ... could u help me
27th March 2013, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

My gate2013 EC score is 301 and my AIR is 28008. i am a GM student which all the colleges i can get for M.Tech....
1st April 2013, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir/madam
i have qualified gate 2013 my gate score is 323 and air is 416 nw i want to do phd mathematics gate marks 27.33 i hv done m.sc. Mathematics with 82% nw pls guide me for phd reply me on my mail id [email protected]
3rd April 2013, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am student of b.tech 1 st year !
and i want to preparation of gate now
,what can i do for a good start ??
my branch is ece ,
nd which book is best for me ?
17th April 2013, 09:18 PM
pkkhokhar

Exclamation Re: My gate2013 EC score is 301 and my AIR is 28008. i am a GM student which all the colleges i can get for M.Tech..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My gate2013 EC score is 301 and my AIR is 28008. i am a GM student which all the colleges i can get for M.Tech....
beta aaram se so ja...
and english nahi aati to don't try it, seriously man!!!
10th August 2013, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

sir,if anybdy have supply is left after btech then, it is eligible for gate exam or not
17th August 2013, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir now iam doing my BE IN ELECTRONIC AND TELECOMMUNICATION im in 1st year but my wish is to do my M TECH from IIT what can i do for this can i take Gate coaching
25th September 2013, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM PINTU I HAVE DOING DEGREE
26th September 2013, 01:45 PM
SRUTHY SUKESAN

Quote:
The benefits of writing GATE Exam are -

1.Primarily helpful of entrance to the higher studies like M.tech, ME etc
2.Some PSU's also take GATE score and on its basis select candidates for the interview for various good grade jobs. Companies like NTPC, BHEL and IOCL have said so for the year 2012
3.Adds on to your resume about the exams taken up in the past
4.For researchers opens up the avenues like JRF's and SRF's in various prestigious organizations like DRDO, ISRO etc
3rd December 2013, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.E in Mechanical Engineering and have around 9yrs of experience in IT industry. Now I would like to continue my career in teaching as lecturer. So Should I do MTech regular at the age of 31 or is there any way out to fulfill my dream??
29th March 2014, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

I have got 310 score in gate 2014. my AIR is 17658 can i get admission in iit's or nit's. my branch is ee & i am sc candiadate.
31st March 2014, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I didnt register for any PSU and have a GATE 2014 rank of 9500(Gate score 510-marks 38).What should i do ?Can i get a job on the basis of this rank?Please reply.Thanks in advance..
31st March 2014, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

what can i do after qualifying GATE in paper ecology and evolution? Will i get any scholarship?
20th April 2014, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

I m from entc strea.is Der any scope dat I'll get job n public sector with qualified gate score???
3rd May 2014, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know what i can i do after qualifing gate by life science (xl) is there i go for mtec or job
1st August 2016, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

i did post graduation in Environmental science and now i am preparing for Gate 2017 in field of Ecology and Evolution(EY) now i want to know the future prospects in this field and i want to know what can i do after scoring good marks in EY. can u please guide me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?