20th June 2011, 08:23 PM
YOUGENDER SINGH

What can I do to prepare for SCRA entrance exam?

Sir,I am read in 11th class.I want to qualify the test of S C R A Exam.Please advise me in detail what can i do in present time for preparation of S C R A Exam.

21st June 2011, 08:01 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do to prepare for SCRA entrance exam?

Hello friend,

First of all, you should be aware of the syllabus of the special class railway apprentices exam.

The written examination comprise of three papers.
Paper I is based on English,General Knowledge and Psychological Test.
Paper II is based on physics and chemistry
Paper III is based on mathematics.

The questions are basically of 10th and +2 standards. Therefore, you must have the basic knowledge of subjects such as physics, chemistry and maths.
You may refer to the test book of your class 10th and 12th standard.

For better result, you must refer to the previous year question papers of SCRA. This will give you the basic understanding of the format of the questions asked in the examination.

The question papers of previous years can be downloaded from the official website of UPSC.
22nd June 2011, 11:34 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What can I do to prepare for SCRA entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUGENDER SINGH View Post
Sir,I am read in 11th class.I want to qualify the test of S C R A Exam.Please advise me in detail what can i do in present time for preparation of S C R A Exam.

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR SCRA ( Special Class Railway Apprentice ) EXAM

It's really good to know that you have developed the interest for preparing SCRA exam in your 11std itself.. just keep on going with the interest for sure you will clear the exam...

Some of the tips which might help you for SCRA exam preparation are as follows...

-> KNOW THE PATTERN OF THE EXAM : Refer previous year papers of SCRA exam and first try to find out the pattern of the exam... because when you know the pattern and type of questions asked in the exam then you can exactly concentrate on the specific topics

and prepare for it.. which helps you to save a lot of time in your preparation..

-> I have attached some of the previous year model papers of SCRA exam in this post.. just check it out for your reference...

-> I have also attached the syllabus of SCRA exam which is followed for this year ( 2011 ), just go through the topics given and try to cover all the topics..

-> REFER GOOD BOOKS FOR PREPARATION : There are many books available in the market which helps you for your preparation.. some of the recommended books are as follows...

Scra : Special Class Railway Apprentices Entrance Exam Guide
ISBN: 8186332863

Scra Special Class Railway Apprentices
ISBN: 8178120216

Solved Papers & Mocks Tests For SCRA Exam
ISBN: 8183486509

The Pearson Guide To The SCRA Examination
ISBN: 8131724921

A Guidebook For SCRA Exam 2010 With Solve Papers
ISBN: 8183483755

Self Study Guide – SCRA Entrance Exam
ISBN: 1834800019

-> MANAGE YOUR TIME WELL : As you are now in your 11th grade, you have 1 more year to give your public exam.. so manage your time well for preparing for SCRA exam as well as your current subjects.. because both are important.. just make a separate time say

1 hr for SCRA exam preparation and find rest of the time to prepare for your current subjects.. just make schedule and follow it daily without fail...

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> I have attached SCRA exam 2011 notification file in this post, which as the detailed information about the exam.. just go through to know about the exam well...

-> For further details about the exam visit http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/exams.htm
Attached Files
File Type: zip SCRA.zip(3.24 MB, 59 views)
File Type: pdf SCRA - 2011 syllabus.pdf(14.4 KB, 114 views)
File Type: pdf scra-2011-notification.pdf(105.4 KB, 128 views)
22nd June 2011, 11:51 PM
sandymishra45

Lightbulb Re: What can I do to prepare for SCRA entrance exam?

Tips to clear SCRA entrance exam are given below-
1.Solve some previous year question papers to know about the pattern of the paper .

2.give your concentration more in maths. if your maths is very strong, there is 50% of chance to clear the entrance exam.

3.make a time table.

4.you can also join any choaching class.

i am suggesting you some good books for SCRA which is very helpfull in clearing the entrance exam -

Scra : Special Class Railway Apprentices Entrance Exam Guide
ISBN: 8186332863

Scra Special Class Railway Apprentices
ISBN: 8178120216

Solved Papers & Mocks Tests For SCRA Exam
ISBN: 8183486509

The Pearson Guide To The SCRA Examination
ISBN: 8131724921

A Guidebook For SCRA Exam 2010 With Solve Papers
ISBN: 8183483755

Self Study Guide – SCRA Entrance Exam
ISBN: 1834800019

best of luck
1st July 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

How to crack scra in one month..???
14th July 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM GOING TO GIVE SCRA EXAM THIS 31ST JULY AND I HAVE NOT PREPARED A BIT FOR THAT , I HAVE ONLY 15 DAYS LEFT FOR THAT. PLS SUGGEST ME WHAT SHOULD I DO, I AM VERY TENSED, PLS HELP ME.
8th August 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

sir,i take addimission in b.tech and i want to prepare for SCRA .is it right.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?