20th April 2018, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

What are the conditions under which a candidate is eligible to appear for BITSAT?

I'm holding a Diploma (3 years course) and scored 85% in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects. Am I eligible to attend the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT)?

30th April 2018, 10:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the conditions under which a candidate is eligible to appear for BITSAT?

No, diploma candidates are not eligible to apply for Birla Institute of Technology Science Aptitude Test.

The academic qualification required to apply for BITSAT examination is that candidate must have done 12th or appearing for board examination. Minimum of 75% aggregate in 12th and 60% marks each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is required to apply for this exam.
30th April 2018, 11:40 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the conditions under which a candidate is eligible to appear for BITSAT?

Eligibility Criteria required to appear in BITSAT Examination:

Being a diploma holder, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in BITSAT Examination. BITSAT Examination is an entrance examination that is conducted for getting admission into BITS Campuses. Here is the detailed eligibility criteria.

>> Candidates must have completed their 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized board with below mentioned subjects.
* Chemistry
* Physics
* Mathematics/ Biology

>> Minimum aggregate percentage required to be eligible for appearing in BITSAT is 75% marks and minimum 60% marks in each of the subjects.

>> As diploma course is a 10+3 pattern course, I can say that you are not eligible to get admission.

>> There is no certain age limit required to appear in BITSAT Examination. And the number of attempts allowed are only 2.

Click here for Detailed Information
30th April 2018, 12:36 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

BITSAT refers to Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test and it is held for offering admission in BITS institute for pursuing undergraduate technical or pharmacy degree course.

Being a diploma in engineering degree holder you are not eligible for appearing in BITSAT as for appearing in BITSAT, only higher secondary school degree holder in Science stream with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects at a minimum of 75% marks are eligible.

For FAQs related to BITSAT eligibility, you can refer to the link www.bitsadmission.com.
30th April 2018, 03:05 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology Science Aptitude Test.

BITAT is a competitive entrance exam for admission in Bachelor of Engineering in different branches of Biral institute of Technology.

Academic qualification required for this exam:

Student should have studied PCM subjects from a recognized board.

Aggregate marks in 12th board exam should not be less than 75%. You should have minimum of 60% marks in individual subjects of PCM.

Diploma in Engineering candidates are not eligible for this examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?