20th April 2018, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

I haven't written jee exam. Can I get admission in any IIT college?

Without writing JEE can I get admission in any of the IITs in Aerospace Engineering? Aren't there any other entrance exam apart form JEE for admission into IITs in Aerospace Engineering?

29th April 2018, 12:44 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I haven't written jee exam. Can I get admission in any IIT college?

No, you can't get admission in IIT for pursuing Aerospace Engineering course without appearing in JEE Main examination. To get admission for pursuing Aerospace Engineering course in IIT, you should have to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination. By appearing and qualifying the entrance examination, you have to participate in the counselling process according to your examination rank, so that you will be offered admission for pursuing Aerospace Engineering in IIT. So, if you want to pursue Aerospace Engineering course from IIT, then it is mandatory that you have to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination.
29th April 2018, 06:33 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge without qualifying JEE Mains and Advanced examination it is quite difficult to take admission in any IIT College.
That is why you must have to write IIT JEE examination to grab a seat in any IIT college.
29th April 2018, 08:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No without writing JEE exam you cannot join IIT college. One who wants to join IIT has to appear into examinations that are JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. One who qualified in JEE Mains and secure a good rank is allowed to appear in JEE Advanced and if a candidate is qualified in JEE advanced then only he or she is eligible to join IIT.
29th April 2018, 11:07 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

In India the only way to join IIT is to pass in JEE Mains and then to score high rank in JEE Advanced. If you haven't written this examination, then you have to write this examination next year otherwise you won't be able to join IIT.
30th April 2018, 12:09 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology and same is regarded as one of the finest technical colleges of India for pursuing various technical degree course.

As far as you are concerned about getting admission in IIT for pursuing Aerospace engineering without appearing in JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) then it is not possible as admission in any CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology ) including IIT is based on the performance in JEE.

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and it is held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree across CFTIs and other private engineering colleges. JEE is held in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

For more details regarding JEE and admission criteria for admission in IITs you can refer to the links www.jeemain.nic.in.
30th April 2018, 03:02 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology. IITs are the premier institute of technology in India. They are considered at the top in hierarchy of engineering colleges in India.

Joint Entrance examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education is competitive exam for admission in IITs. Those who clear both stages of JEE Main and Advanced are eligible for admission in IITs.

Without JEE rank, you can not think to get admission in IITs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?