7th February 2011, 04:00 PM
sarb49

What is CRT in computer graphics?

Related Questions:
  1. University of Mumbai FYBSc Information Techynology-2nd Sem Computer Graphics Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  2. DOEACC, B Level Course, Computer Graphics & Multimedia Systems Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. Veer Narmad South Gujarat University-BCA Sem-VI Computer Graphics Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  4. Cochin University B. Tech in Computer Science Engineering 6th Sem Computer Graphics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. IETE AMIETE CSIT (New Scheme) Computer Graphics Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  6. Am I eligible to apply for M.Tech in Engineering Graphics after B.Tech Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. DOEACC, B Level Course, Computer Graphics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. PTU MCA 5th Sem-Computer Graphics (MCA-501) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Indraprastha University BCA 6th Sem- Computer Graphics Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  10. Should I join computer science or engineering graphics? I want to join IIT
  11. Kuvempu University First Year B.A/B.Sc/B.Com/B.B.M/B.C.A-Environmental Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Computer Graphics model question papers?
  13. Computer graphics last 4 years question papers of Mumbai University of B.E?
  14. IETE ALCCS Computer Graphics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Courses related to Graphics, Designing and Web Designing to study for Diploma Computer Science Engineer? -- [New]
  16. What is the syllabus of AMIE?
  17. Mumbai University, B.E in Computer Science, 4th Semester, Computer Graphics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. JNTU ECE 3rd Year Computer Graphics Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
7th February 2011, 06:30 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is CRT in computer graphics?

Its hard to explain CRT without any diagram...

but still I am trying. first take a look at the diagram here:

CRT is Cathode Ray Tube. The operation of most of the video monitors are based on CRT technology.

A CRT is similar to a big vacuum glass bottle. It contains 3 electron guns that squirt out focused beam of electrons..
deflection apparatus (magnetic or electrostatic) , which deflects these beams both up and down and sidewise,...
and a phosphor coated screen upon which these beams impinge.
the vacuum is necessary to let those electron beams travel across the tube without running into airmolecules
that could absorb or scatter them....

The primary component in an electron gun is a cathode (negatively charged) encapsulated by a metal
cylinder known as the "control grid".
a heater inside the cathode causes the electrons to be heated up as current is passed..
these heated electrons are accelerated towards the CRT screen by a high positive voltage applied
near the screen or by "accelerating anode".
The cloud of electrons is forced to converge to a small spot as it touches the CRT screen by a "focusing coil"
using an magnetic field.
A pair of magnetic deflection coils mounted outside the CRT envelope deflects the concentrated electron beam
to converge at different points on the screen in the process of scanning.
When the electron beam converges on to a point on the phosphor coated face of the CRT screen, the phosphor dots
absorb some of the kinetic energy from the electrons. This causes the electrons in the phosphor atoms to jump to higher energy orbits.

After a short time these excited electrons drop back to their earlier stable state, releasing their extra energy as small quantum of
light energy....as long as these excited electrons return back to their stable state phosphor continue to glow (phosphorescence)
but gradually looses brightness.

The brightness of the light emitted by phosphor depends on the intensity with which the electron beam (no. of electrons)
strikes the phosphor.

The intensity of the beam can be regulated by applying measured negative voltage at the control grid, which in turn will shut off
the electron beam by repelling the electrons and stopping them from coming out of the gun and hitting the screen.
7th February 2011, 06:53 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarb49 View Post
Dear Friend;
Greeting for the day;
CRT means cathode ray tube which is used in older version of computer monitor now a days in modern monitors a thin transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD)
is used.

The CRT monitor displays images with colors that can be viewed comfortably from different angles.It is useful for displaying and working with graphics and photographs where color plays an important role.CRT monitors are available with curved or flat screens.

thanks
7th February 2011, 09:08 PM
anupamavenugopalan

Smile Re: What is CRT in computer graphics?

Hi
CRT is cathode ray tube.its category of video display device.
17th February 2011, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

what is CRT functioning?
26th February 2011, 08:56 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

CRT in computer graphics
CRT means cathode ray tube which is used in older version of computer monitor now a days in modern monitors a thin transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD)
is used.
The CRT monitor displays images with colors that can be viewed comfortably from different angles.It is useful for displaying and working with graphics and photographs where color plays an important role.CRT monitors are available with curved or flat screens.

good luck
5th June 2011, 10:37 PM
Immicemer

Default quick question

Shalom people... I'm really new to the internet stuff so i really hope i am not asking stupid questions ...
I want to learn how to get freebies... I heard some people submit some details and receive like a free trip, or one of those fancy mp3 players... so if anybody could please help me, I'd appriciate it deerly.
Thanks.
4th October 2011, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

why uses in computer graphics of crt?
4th October 2011, 06:25 PM
sidbond

CRT is a component of the color monitor that was in practice earlier. It has been widely replaced by LCD panels.
CRT stands for Cathode Ray Tube, which is essentially a tube where a jet of ions is projected onto a screen with the help of electricity and magnets. The corresponding area reacts by lighting up a phosphor dot.
28th March 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

can someone tell me how to visually simulate the operation inside the Cathode Ray Tube
23rd January 2013, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Hey here z my xam of computer graphics so anybdy tel me wrking f crt in short n simple words plz...??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?