1st November 2010, 06:12 PM
151sohan

What is the difference between MBA in health care services and MBA in Hospital Administration and MHA?

I* am workin in Cardiac ot Since last 7-8 years . Now I finished my MBA in Health Care Services.

I want to go in the line of hospital administration or Hospital manager.
How would i proceed.
and second is What is the difference between MBA in health care services and MBA in Hospital Administration and MHA.

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the better options available after completing BDS if one needs to switch their career option?
  2. Difference between masters in hospital administration and master in health care administration?
  3. Scope for a BDS to do masters MDS in US? Entrance exams? Process?
  4. Which among Hospital Administration and Health Care Management is a good choice for pursuing MBA? -- [New]
  5. Career scope of MBA in Pharmaceutical Management and MHA in Hospital Administration after completion of BDS?
  6. Which government sector jobs are available for MBA (Healthcare Management) graduates?
  7. Difference between diploma in hospital administration and MBA in hospital administration?
  8. What should I do after 4 years graduation? I am a Maths(H) student
  9. Which course would be better to take in MBA after completing BBM with HR specialization?
  10. Which course is better M.Sc in Anaesthesia or MBA in Health Care Administration?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for MBA in health and hospital administration?
  12. What is best after BDS other than MDS?
  13. Which universities are offering Ph.D in Hospital Administration or Ph.D in Quality Management in Health Care?
  14. Which universities are offering Ph.D in Hospital Administration or Ph.D in Quality Management in Health Care?
  15. Which is best choice M.Sc Anaesthesia or MBA Health Care/Administration?
  16. List of universities of colleges offering MBA in health care or hospital?
  17. List of the top colleges offering MBA health care and hospital administration through MAT score? My MAT percentile is 92.05
  18. What should I do after completing B.Tech in civil?
3rd November 2010, 09:11 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the difference between MBA in health care services and MBA in Hospital Administration and MHA?

What is the difference between MBA in health care services and MBA in Hospital Administration and MHA

Well, MBA (Health care) and MBA (Hospital Mnagement/Administration) doesn't have much differences. The major one is type of job, involves. MBA (Hospital Mnagement/Administration) are meant for management of whole Hospital/Nursing home, they also look for financial aspects and governance works. And will find amanagerial job in Hospital/Nursing Homes. MBA (Health care) can be a CEO of that Hospital/ Nursing Home.

Whereas MBA (Health care), are meant for any Organisation or Body providing service to Hospitals/Nursing Homes/Health Care Centres or associated with them etc. Likewise MBA (Hospital Mnagement/Administration) one can not expect high post of CEO, but yeah one can expect and can act like a HR Head.

MHA, is different from both. And the main difference is of curriculum/syllabus of study etc. This course is not suitable for does who are fron diverse background. Only a candidate having Medical background will be able to expect good career growth.

Now for you, as your are from Medical background and also have good experiance MBA (Hospital Mnagement/Administration) or MHA are good options. In MBA (Hospital Mnagement/Administration) you may even find candidates from Engineering background, infact maximum.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
4th November 2010, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the difference between MBA in health care services and MBA in Hospital Administration and MHA?

HI Faiyaz, I just finished my MBA in Health Care Services.
Now What line i should choose to start my carrier in Health care services.So that i can go up in the hirarchy.
4th November 2010, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference in MBA in healthcare management and MHA in healthcare administration
and which has the most job opportunity
7th November 2010, 04:47 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI Faiyaz, I just finished my MBA in Health Care Services.
Now What line i should choose to start my carrier in Health care services.So that i can go up in the hirarchy.
Well dear, there is nothing to worry.

You can apply for jobs like- Practice/Trainee Manager, Consultant, Health care Service Manager etc. in Hospitals, Health Care Serviice Providing Agnecies, Pharmaceutical sector etc.

You can also work as Franchisee Manager, Senior Medical Representative, etc. with health care service providing companies etc.

Search for respective jobs in Classifieds, upload your resume in job portals may also be an effective way.

Best of Luck
7th November 2010, 06:27 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
What is the difference in MBA in healthcare management and MHA in healthcare administration
and which has the most job opportunity

There is wide difference though both fields are related to medical stream only.
Incase of healthcare mangement it is a wider term and it covers all the basic faciliteis of medical stream. These facilities will be provide by you in cas of healthcare administration whereas incase of hospital mangemnt all the requiremnet of the hospital will be updated by you
7th November 2010, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

hi faiyaz,please tell me best colleges for MBA in Health Care Services and also there admission details
19th November 2010, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

I finished my BSC nursing now i planned to do mba hospital management. whether it's a good choice for me and my career? pls give some suggestions
24th November 2010, 04:53 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
I finished my BSC nursing now i planned to do mba hospital management. whether it's a good choice for me and my career? pls give some suggestions
Yes, its right decision for you after doing BSc nursing you have good opportunities in hospital mangemnt.
this filed has good money also.
You can either wwork under any hospital or work separstely and provide the services to hospital on ddemand
25th November 2010, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Sc degree in nursing of 4 years but im interested in hospital management as it was a subject in our course. kindly let me know the stream that i can choose as a support to my interest.
27th November 2010, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

hi i have completed MBA- health services management. i am seeking job. please let me know the vacancies in India.

by
[email protected]
28th November 2010, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

After dng mbbs wts benft of dng pg in hosptl managmt than those who do pg after bsc or bsc nursing
30th November 2010, 09:23 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

There is the difference for mba hospital management and mba health care
1.Hospital management is concerning with the managing of various facilities and activities only in that particular hospital.

2. Health care deals with the medical facilities that are required and in what amounts and other things which are related to entire medical stream
31st December 2010, 09:08 PM
sindhusweety

friends,
Basic difference between Hospital Management and healthcare management-----
A career in Hospital Management involves ensuring effective utilization of physical and financial resources of the hospital as well as creating an organizational climate beneficial to the growth and development of the personnel.
&
A career in healthcare management enables business-oriented professionals to thrive in the growing market and to take advantage of numerous job openings. Healthcare facilities recognize the need for skilled workers to fill management and planning roles, and these businesses are willing to pay for skilled employees.
18th January 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

i 'm almost about to finish my BE in Biomedical.. and 'm seeking for right thing to carryon can you help me wich is the best for me in MBA?? health care, or hosp adm, or anything?
19th January 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

hey I had degree in B. pharmacy and im dng MBA in Health care services plz elaborate its significance and oppurtunities.
26th January 2011, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

i m planning to do a career in MBA in hospital n healthcare mangement ...i m currently in final year doin pharmacy .. is it gud ?
i want 2 pursue it in aymboisis pune..
18th April 2011, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.H.M.S Doctor. Now I study M.B.A In Health Care Service in Sikkim Manipal University(Distance Mode). Is it Bright for my future? Whats The difference between M.B.A in Health Care Service & M.H.A?
3rd May 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

i am a graduate from life sciences background.. can i opt for mba in healthcare management? if not is there any better option?
4th May 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

i done MBA in health care (sikkim manipal universitty )after Bsc nursing also i had 3 year clinical experience..where i can work with this degree?can i work in UAE?
6th May 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.com, want to do mba in health care management ,is their any scope for me?
3rd June 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

whats the differences between healthcaremanagement and health care services and hospital administration
3rd June 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

hi dear all i did Msc microbiology and working with Apollo hospitals since 8 yrs . here aim not happy with present job(like there is no growth ) i would like to know which one is better for high growth in my carries either MBA health care management or MBA hospital administration or Phd please guide me .
8th June 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

am a Bsc graduate think to join hospital administrative programs, but am totally confused . which one best (MBA in hospital administration / MHA) Which one more scope get right job
13th June 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

hi im bhms doctor which is best for me mba or mha in hospital management
29th August 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a bsc nurse and is on last semester of mba in hcs what related
course i could do after my mba in hcs
25th September 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

I am in final year of B.Sc. Microbiology. After that i want to go in a hospital field & in future i want to open my hospital. So,i want to know that which course is better for me - MBA in hospital administration or MBA in health care?
29th September 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

I am a BSc nursing graduate. whether i can join for MBA in health care services.If so what is its scope, Whether any experience is needed for joining??
16th November 2011, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

hi i completed bsc nursing i want to do mba i was in confusion whether i have to take mba hr or mba hospitalmanagement
25th January 2012, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

im a mbbs student...i want to know which one of the following that is mba or mha will serve me as a better carrer option and why??
19th February 2012, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

hi i hv cmpltd bums.i wana join mba healthcare services.is it rt decisn.
21st February 2012, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

which are the good colleges for management in hospiatal administration in bangalore?
7th March 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello
I am a medical graduate with Biotechnology.I have worked with a KPO dealing in pharmaceutical sector"Citeline" for one year.Now i am pursuing MBA Healthcare Services from Sikkim Manipal University (Distance Mode). I wanted to know the scope for me with such qualification and experience.Which recruiters and post I should search for. Which profile are available for me.and how should i apply for that.I have compl,eted only second semester till now.
Thanks
11th July 2012, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

hi m completed my M.B.B.S. wan to mha or mba hospital administration . i can join indian or foreign university.. plz tel me d best options availble in india and foreign un.thanx
27th July 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my post basic bsc nursing degree will it be i wanted to do mba health care services from sikkim manipal university from distance learning will it be good for my future to get job on the basis of this degree.
pls mail me on my id [email protected]
27th June 2014, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have completed my bds in 2010 .n now I got a offer from on university to do executive MBA in hospital management. My planning is to move overseas country like Canada and Usa. So I want to know if I complete my EMBA (distance) .will it be help full to get job oversease or will it make my visa file powerfull? Is it recognised globally Please reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?