22nd March 2011, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

What to do after 12th to become an IAS officer?

Can you please tell me what to do after 12th to become an IAS officer?

Please reply

thanks

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an IAS officer after passing 12th Arts?
  2. How can I become an IAS officer after passing 12th arts
  3. Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?
  4. Whether I am not eligible to become an IAS Officer being a Commerce student?
  5. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  6. How to make my career to become an IAS officer? I have completed 12th with 88%
  7. What should I study after completing 12th to become an IAS Officer? Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to join IAS?
  8. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  9. Can I become an IAS Officer having BA background? What are the suitable subjects in BA to become IAS Officer? -- [New]
  10. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  11. How to become a IAS officer? How should I proceed further after passing 12th to become an IAS officer?
  12. What should I do after 12th to become an IAS officer?
  13. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science
  14. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th with 74%
  15. How to become an IAS officer after studying in 12th in commerce field in Mumbai
  16. How can I become an IAS officer after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?
  18. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
23rd March 2011, 12:40 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What to do after 12th to become an IAS officer?

Its great that you are planning well in advance for your future.

Well, to become an IAS officer you should be a graduate first. IAS eligibility states that you should be a graduate in any field.

After that you will need to appear for 3 stage exam

1) Preliminary exam
2) Mains exam
3) Interview

After you pass the prelims test you will be called for the mains which is held after 2 months or so. After clearing mains you will need to appear for interview

All the stages carries certain marks so if you dont clear one you are out of the race.

So since you are in 12th you should prepare well in general knowledge section as thats the most important part of the exam.
23rd March 2011, 12:47 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

IAS is the post for which the government of India does not impose much educational & physical criterias.

You need to be a graduate with age between 21 to 30 years.

Apart from that no other extra qualification are needed.

It will be best if you start preparing for it right now.

Increase your General Knowledge as it will help you.

Also try to increase your communication skill as it will help you in clearing your G.D.

Last but not the least you will have tp prepare first to clear your prelims .

For more information check out the official website:

www.upsc.gov.in
23rd March 2011, 12:59 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Please reply

thanks

It is good that you are thinking for your future aim. Indian Administrative
Service exam is conducted by UPSC in every year. IAS officer job is the one
of the best job of India.
After completing 12th class i advise you to do graduation in any stream according to own interest because the
minimum educational qualification for IAS exam is graduation in any
stream from a recognize University and the age must be between
21 to 30 years. So first complete your graduation and then apply
for the IAS exam. For any more information please see the given website:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd March 2011, 02:27 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

after 12th you can not become one IAS officer. if you want to become IAS officer you must be graduate at least.

to become IAS officer you have to appear in civil service examination. this examination is conducted in two step. one is civil service preliminary examination and another is civil service main examination. after clearing these two examination you have to go through the interview process for final selection.

now to appear in civil service preliminary examination the eligibility criterion is you should have a minimum of graduation degree in any discipline and also your age must be in between 21 to 30 if you are a general category candidate. reservation are available for SC/ST and other reserved category.

the civil service examination is conducted by UPSC. to know more information about civil service examination visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in

so now as you are a 12th student you should take admission in three years bachelor degree course. you should take admission in your preferable subject in a good institution.

best of luck.
23rd March 2011, 10:17 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hiiiiii,

IAS (Indian Administrative Service) examinations are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

After 12th you can do B.E. or B.Tech. or B.Sc. or B.Com. or BBA or BCA or B.A. etc. to become an IAS officer in future.

For IAS minimum eligibility is graduation and above represent all the courses are graduation level courses.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC IAS exam are as follows: -

1. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

2. Pass graduation / Bachelor’s degree in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivqlent from a recognised institute / university.

3. Nationality - Indian

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply.

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in

All the Best
23rd March 2011, 01:07 PM
yogs.singh

now you are in 12th for becoming IAS OFFICER you need to complete your graduation first.

-you should start preparing for it during graduation .

exam pattern -

Paper-I
One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper) 300 Marks

Paper-II English (Qualifying Paper) 300 Marks

Paper-III Essay 200 Marks

Papers IV & V General Studies (300 Marks for each paper) 600 Marks
23rd March 2011, 01:53 PM
kanikabansal22aug

Smile Re: What to do after 12th to become an IAS officer?

UPSC-IAS

Introduction
The Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the administrative civil service of the executive branch of the Government of the Republic of India.

The officers of the IAS play a major role in managing the bureaucracy of both the Union Government (Central Government) and the state governments, with its officers holding strategic posts across the country. It is one of the three All India Services.

UPSC Entrance examination

The Civil Services Examination is used for recruitment for many Indian administrative bodies. Civil Service Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. It has three stages Preliminary Exam, a Main exam, and an interview.

Now there will be no optional subjects in the preliminary examination. Instead there will be a second paper which will be common for all candidates. It will check the administrative aptitude of candidates-hence its name - the Civil Service Aptitude Test [CSAT].It comprises of Aptitude, General Mathematics,Comprehensive English, etc.

Academic Eligibility

A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.

Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination.

Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.

Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination.

UPSC exams demand graduation from a recognised university.So,it is not possible to appear for the same after 12th.You need to wait till your graduation completes.

Good Luck!!
23rd March 2011, 03:26 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

It is good to be ambitious in life,and it is excellent when you know what to do in your career.

As you say you want to become an IAS, then you have to appear for the CSAT or the Civil Service exam conducted by the UPSC every year.

The eligibility for CSAT is as follows:

1.Age Limit:

Candidate must have attained minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August of the year of the exam.

Also Upper Age limit is 30 years(relaxations for SC/ST,OBC accordingly to government rules).

2.Educational Qualifications:

A Graduate in any field can apply for the exam.
Also, students in the final year of the course which qualifies them as graduates can apply.

3.Maximum Permissible Attempts:

General:4
OBC:7
SC/ST:No limit.

Now as you want to become an IAS. Join some graduation course, in any field, engineering, commerce or even arts.
Get to the final year and apply for the exam.
Preferably, go for a 3 year course, it will be better.

For details, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in
23rd March 2011, 04:07 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To become an IAS officer, you should be among the highest rank holders in the civil service examination. To take the test, you must be a graduate between 21 - 30 years of age. As far as the preparation for the examination is concerned, the syllabus of the examination might help you to understand the structure of examination.
The civil service examination comprises of three stages
Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)
Main Examination
Interview
The syllabus of the CSAT will be as follows carrying 200 marks each.
Paper 1
Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian national movement
Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change
General science.

Paper 2
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level),
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

The compulsory subjects for the Main exam are one Indian language, English, Essay and General studies.
As far as optional papers are concerned, you will have to choose any two subjects out of the following list
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology Electrical Engineering Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

so, you must start preparing for the examination as per the syllabus. There are various books available in the market which will help you to prepare for the same.
23rd March 2011, 10:56 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Hi,
To become IAS, Educational qualification required is Graduation from a recognized university.
IAS exams are conducted by UPSC as civil services exams every year.

So,first complete your Graduation degree in area of your interest and then apply for UPSC exams with complete preparation.

Your age should be between 21 to 30 years to appear for UPSC exams.

Number of Attempts allowed for UPSC IAS exam:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply for IAS:

•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For more details:http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!!!

Regards
*Kapila*
24th March 2011, 02:36 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
Its great that you are planning well in advance for your future.

Well, to become an IAS officer you should be a graduate first. IAS eligibility states that you should be a graduate in any field.

After that you will need to appear for 3 stage exam

1) Preliminary exam
2) Mains exam
3) Interview

After you pass the prelims test you will be called for the mains which is held after 2 months or so. After clearing mains you will need to appear for interview

All the stages carries certain marks so if you dont clear one you are out of the race.

So since you are in 12th you should prepare well in general knowledge section as thats the most important part of the exam.
thank
24th March 2011, 07:10 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
Procedure to become an IAS officer

To become an IAS officer you have to apply for the civil service
examination. Civil service examination is conducted by the UPSC
every year. The eligibility required for this exam is given below:

Education Qualification
To apply for the civil service examination a candidate should
required A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.

Candidates appear in the final year examination of their
graduation are also eligible to apply for the civil
service examination.

Age Limit
Candidate applying for the civil service examination
should have age between 21 to 30 years.

Attempts
The number of attempts given in this examination
to different category candidates is given below:

General:4

OBC:7

SC/ST:No limit.

For more information visit the UPSC web site
http://upsc.gov.in
24th March 2011, 07:46 PM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

Hi
To Become An IAS Officer You Have To Apply For Civil Service Exam.
This IAS Exam Will Conduct By UPSC Every Year.
Candidate Should Require A Degree In Any Discipline From Recognized University Or Equivalent.
Studying Final Year Degree Candidate is Also Eligible For This Exam.
Age Limit:21-30 Years
Attempts: General--4
OBC--7
SC/ST--No Limit
You Can Apply For this Exam Online http://www.upsc.gov.in

Prepare Well
Practice Makes Man Perfect
Refer Competition Refresher, Competition Success Review Magazine
Practice Previous Solved papers

All The Best
24th March 2011, 10:40 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

hi
Its very good that u have got clear about your AIM early ,this is surely an advantage for you .
For IAS you need to be a graduate .
You from you need to increase your knowledge on different field along with your general knowledge..
All the best
24th March 2011, 10:52 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

As you have completed the 12th standard,then join in UGC recognized college for any graduation course in any stream,in which your more interest that you can grasp concept easily.

While you pursuing your graduation course,side by side prepare for IAS exam.This is the best you can easily learn the topics.

And i am mentioning below the complete information about IAS exam

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:

• Minimum graduation education qualification in any stream
  • Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category,21 to 33 years for OBC category,21 to till the end of life for SC/ST
Number of attempts for different caste:

• 4 times for General category
  • 7 times for OBC category
  • Unlimited times for SC/ST category
Visit official website for more information:

http://www.upsc.gov.in/

24th March 2011, 11:39 PM
kunal4win

IAS officer
you should be a graduate first.
IAS eligibility states that you
should be a graduate in any field. After that you will need to
appear for 3 stage exam 1) Preliminary exam
2) Mains exam
3) Interview After you pass the prelims test
you will be called for the mains
which is held after 2 months or
so. After clearing mains you will
need to appear for interview
25th March 2011, 01:37 AM
daks narang

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
Would appreciate your dream to become an IAS officer. This requires your immense hardwork and efficiency.so,first- need to graduate with any stream in any field.
second-sit in the exam of civil services conducted by UPSC.age limit:21yr.and above.
third- after crossing civil services exam sit in the Priliminary and Mains exam
fourth-interview,selection,recruitment.
SUBJECTS FOR EXAMS ARE:-
1)CIVICS
2)POLITICAL SCIENCE
3)HISTORY
4)ECONOMICS
5)MATHEMATICS
*knowledge about current affairs,different languages is required(it's cherry on the cake)
~ALL THE BEST~
25th March 2011, 08:49 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Here i am letting you know the procedure to become IAS officer.

In order to complete IAS, one should have to go through the civil services examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The selection procedure will be by
1)CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test )
2)Civil services - Main examination
3) Interview.

To be eligible for this exam, one should have completed graduation from a recognized university.

-Candidate should be in the age group of 21-30 years.

-Anyway there is relaxation in the upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST categories.

So first try to complete your graduation with good percentage of marks. And the at the same time focus on general knowledge and be good in aptitude also as these two will be vital to get through the CSAT.
25th March 2011, 09:54 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What to do after 12th to become an IAS officer?

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
Its really very good decision to select IAS as your career..

i will be happy to provide you the details regarding this..

first know the eligibility criteria for Civils

Eligibility criteria for CSE

-> you should have a degree from a recognized university.

-> your age should be minimum of 21 years and should not exceed 30 years

this is what simply the eligibility for your goal.

so by this , answer for your question is clear..

you can do anything in which you're interested it will not at all be an obstacle for your goal.

best wishes

~aditya
18th April 2011, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER GIVING 12TH EXAM BEFORE THE ADDMISSION IN COLLEGE WHICH CAN HELP ME IN MY FUTURE IN PREAPARTION FOR IAS EXAM?
10th May 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

hai
me Deepthi.M . i hv completed my 12th & i have decided to do B.E. i am interested 2 write the civil service exam and its my aim too. i request the sir/madam to send me the details of how to prepare for the exams and the schedule too. send me the important websites also to my mail [email protected]
thank you,
your's obediently
M.Deepthi
13th May 2011, 08:16 PM
Roysons

Dear,

This question is asked very frequently as IAS is one of the best positions today.

First of all , I would like to say I am happy that you are from now onwards thinking about

to become an IAS officer.

In order to become an IAS officer , the minimum educational qualification required is to

be a graduate.

Age limitation is between 21-30 years with 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST candidates

and 3 years relaxation for the OBC categories.

You need to first clear the CSAT i.e. Civil Services Aptitude Test conducted by the

UPSC to appear for the IAS examination.

General categories get 4 while reserved categories get 7 attempts to crack the exam.

Now , lets talk something about its preparations.

Dear , let me tell you one thing that a very long and a consistent effort will only make

you successful in these type of exams.

Some of the important topics for its preparation are General knowledge , History , Civics

Current affairs , etc.

The exam pattern is as follows:-

1.) Preliminary examination

2.) Mains

3.) Interview.

If you want further more queries , visit :-

http://www.upsc.gov.in/.

Thanks.
14th May 2011, 05:03 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

To become an IAS officer,you need to have a bachelor's degree.Also your age should be between 21-30yrs.So,first complete your graduation and then apply for IAS.
31st May 2011, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

which subjects should b chosen 4 graduation if preparing 4 IAS?
5th June 2011, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my sslc in 2010 in karnataka with distinction(92.64%) and iam continuing my 1 in 2011 and my aim is to become an ias with low cost feeses for further cources.is it possible?
6th June 2011, 10:12 AM
SUMITRA_M

Planning for Ias from 12th class is a best idea. For ias examination gradution pass and age limit 21-30 is required. Go through the exam pattern of ias and decide which subject you can cover easily. Take that subjects as in your gradution and prepare for ias with your gradution.
6th June 2011, 10:20 AM
SUMITRA_M

The thing that you should keep in your mind before admission in college for preparing of ias examination is that you should choose those subjects for your gradution which you will to take in your ias exam. By this your subjects will be covered mostly in your gradution period.
6th June 2011, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

what subjects i chosen for this because i m science student and not wanted to do enginerring and i decided to do b.a. but there is no scope of b.a. .in case i not clear the i.a.s exam then what can i do.i donot be able to get the job.so please suggest me what can i do,so that my job is secured in case i not clear the ias exam
24th June 2011, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

promotion after ias officer
13th July 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

do we get books of ias
16th July 2011, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

hi...i am studying b.tech 2nd year i want to become an IAS officer please tell me how to prepare for my goal from now?
2nd August 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnareshsunrise View Post
Here i am letting you know the procedure to become IAS officer.

In order to complete IAS, one should have to go through the civil services examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The selection procedure will be by
1)CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test )
2)Civil services - Main examination
3) Interview.

To be eligible for this exam, one should have completed graduation from a recognized university.

-Candidate should be in the age group of 21-30 years.

-Anyway there is relaxation in the upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST categories.

So first try to complete your graduation with good percentage of marks. And the at the same time focus on general knowledge and be good in aptitude als as these two will be vital to get through the CSAT.
You hould must increase your G.K.
24th August 2011, 06:08 PM
ravinder kukhi

what subjects i chosen for ias because now i m doing computer diploma
24th August 2011, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

which subjects should b chosen for graduation if preparing 4 IAS?
27th August 2011, 03:43 PM
kundan azad

Default what should u i do for become a ias officer

i'm pursuing 2nd B.sc .i want to become a i.a.s officer. what should i do now??
8th September 2011, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,

i have completed 10th in year of 2004 and now i give exam of 12th. so plz tell me i can give UPSC exam after 12th std.? bcoz of my age is 26 running, so i able to give UPSC exam??
8th September 2011, 11:49 PM
gagan4790

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
Hi Dear

You can contact [email protected] for all your queries...
As I have.......ALL THE BEST FOR UR FUTURE!!!
9th September 2011, 12:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
dear friend,

After 12 th you can choose any stream for graduation degree.because only graduate persons are eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminay exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.
9th September 2011, 12:58 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

To become an IAS officer you should first complete your graduation from a recognized university. You should have sixty percent in school level and a minimum of fifty percent in graduate level. There are 3phases of selection. They area) Preliminary Written test, (b) Main Written Test, (c) Personal Interview.
The exam is really a tough one. So enhance your skills and keep preparing yourself to qualify the exam.
All the very best...
9th September 2011, 04:37 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

DEAR FRIEND ,

after the 12th exam you have to do graduation in any discipline from the recognized indian university.
and the age limit criteria for the ias exam is 21 to 30 years.

graduation is the minimum requirement to appear in this exam.

this exam is consist of three parts that is
1) preliminary exam
2) main exam
3) interview

the final overall rank is determined by the aggregate score in the above exams.
each exam is dependent of each other like if you score descent rank in the preliminary exam then you will be allowed to attempt main exam.and score in the main exam will determine the possibility of interview.

after the 12th the basic preparation like reading newspaper and alert about the current affairs will be useful for the ias exam.

thanks and best luck
11th September 2011, 04:11 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Can you please tell me what to do after 12th to become an IAS officer
in order to appear for UPSC Civil Service Exam..you should satisfy these minimum conditions

1) the candidate must be a graduate from any stream from a recognized college in India

2) the candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years

you have a maximum of 4 attempts to clear the exam

1st round tests your aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs
2nd round tests your graduation subjects
31st March 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

which is the best graduation course after 12th(commerce) to become ias officer?
31st March 2012, 11:22 PM
Denny_Crane

Ias is indian administrative service. It is more powerfullrespective service every person want make ias but it is very dificult exam. If you make ias then at first have a degree in any stream then you apply for this.
15th April 2012, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Re:Right now I am in 10th and I will appear for my boards exam next year from ICSE board . I am very cofused that should I do IAS or IAM after 12th. what are the qualifications for the same and if I do IAS from PCM is General Knowledge required or not because my G.K is very weak . and please do tell that what is more better IAM or IAS ?
15th April 2012, 10:54 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

To become an IAS officer after 12th:-

Criteria for IAS officer:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream

* Age -21 to 30 years
3 years relaxation for OBC candidates
5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

*must be an Indian..........

Question pattern:-

Good luck/.............
29th April 2012, 01:36 PM
onest

IAS is the post for which the government of India does not impose much educational & physical criterias.
You need to be a graduate with age between 21 to 30 years.
Apart from that no other extra qualification are needed.
It will be best if you start preparing for it right now.
Increase your General Knowledge as it will help you.
Also try to increase your communication skill as it will help you in clearing your G.D.
Last but not the least you will have tp prepare first to clear your prelims .
For more information check out the official website:
www.upsc.gov.in
23rd May 2012, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

i am 12th science student, i am interested in IAS career. please guide me which graduation course i should prefer that will be beneficial for my life.
1st July 2013, 09:31 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
To become an IAS Officer you need to be a graduate first to be considered eligible to give this examination.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. This examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. Apart from IAS there are two other civil service examination which UPSC conducts and they are Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service.

Eligibility Criteria:-
  • To give this examination firstly, you need to be a citizen of India. Secondly, this exam is only for the graduates.
  • You can possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice since the subject you choose at graduation level is if little significance here.
  • If you are in the final year of your degree course then also you can apply for the preliminary exam.
  • If you get selected to give the Main exam then you will have to show your mark sheets then. So since you are in the final year therefore even now you can give this exam.
  • The minimum age limit for giving this exam is 21 years and the upper age limit is 30 years.

The Civil Services Examination is conducted in 3 stages. They are as follows:-
  • Stage I- Preliminary Examination
  • Stage II- Main Examination
  • Stage III- Interview

Prelim Exam Pattern:-

For the prelim exam there will be two papers and for each paper 200 marks have been allotted. For each paper you will get two hours to complete each paper and mainly from this paper objective questions will be asked.

Main Exam Pattern:-
  • Paper I- 300 marks (Essay, English Comprehension and Precis)
  • Paper II- 250 marks (General Studies-I)
  • Paper III- 250 marks (General Studies-II)
  • Paper IV- 250 marks (General Studies-III)
  • Paper V- 250 marks (General Studies-IV)
  • Paper VI- 250 marks (Paper I-1 Optional)
  • Paper VII- 250 marks (Paper II-1 Optional)

List of Optional Subjects:-
  • Agriculture
  • Agricultural Engineering
  • Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Forestry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology
Following Subject Combination Are NOT Allowed:-
  • Political Science & International relations and Pubilc Administration
  • Commerce & Accountancy and Management
  • Anthropopgy and Sociology
  • Mathematics and Statistice
  • Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  • Management and Public Administration
  • Any two branches of engineering
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterimary Science and Mediacal Science
  • Combination if two Literatures

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?