1st November 2010, 04:24 PM
dillipdipu

What to do after BSc(h) in Botany? How to make a good career after BSc(h) Botany?

sir i am a B.sc (hons.BOTANY) Student having 50% agreegrate mark obtained & also i am belong to ST Reservation.Than what i have to do to improve my career and to get a good job ?

1st November 2010, 07:59 PM
rakshakamat

Default Re: What to do after BSc(h) in Botany? How to make a good career after BSc(h) Botany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillipdipu View Post
sir i am a B.sc (hons.BOTANY) Student having 50% agreegrate mark obtained & also i am belong to ST Reservation.Than what i have to do to improve my career and to get a good job ?

hii...
In todays world, just having a BSc degree is not really enough especially if you want to make a good career.You can do your masters in Botany,Biotechnology,Biochemistry,Horticulture,Mic robiology etc.
There are various colleges which give you this course based only on your BSc graduation marks.
State level entrances also start from december like
TIFR
JNU
BARODA University
And then you will get better placements in the industry

Anyways all the very best to you...and any querries do let me know.
2nd November 2010, 07:36 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after BSc(h) in Botany? How to make a good career after BSc(h) Botany?

There are various opportunities available for you. If you are interested teaching then you need to complete B.Ed from any recognized university. Thereafter you need to appear for the SET exam. Also there are opportunities in the agricultural institutes for research.
2nd November 2010, 05:13 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

To improve your career you must make a good practice in your subjects related.you can choose biotechnology,horticulture,botanical survey & eco-botany after b.sc.you can further go to m.sc and then P.hd. You can also go in research field.
2nd November 2010, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

being a botony undergraduate you are eligible for all entrance exams to study M.Sc botony,M.Sc plantbiotechnology.by doing M.Sc botony you will be selected as a lecturer for junior colleges and also for degree colleges.if you do M.Sc plantbiotechnology you can apply for any agro-based industries or can apply for lecturer post in any degree or PG colleges
2nd November 2010, 11:26 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

You know that Botany is mainly about the plants and everything about plant life. Let me tell you there are lot of opportunities after you BSc(Hons) in Botany.

Botany is not only study about plants but also the trees.

The course is a very broad course and it has applications in Biotechnology field as well.

The global warming and other environmental problems(which will be forever) which help in building the scope of this branch.

After you BSc in Botany(hons) you can study additional 2 years which will help you in grabbing a PG degree or you can opt for courses such as biotech,microbiology,molecular biology etc

A postgraduation will indeed increase you chances of getting a job in top notch companies.

Another interesting career option after you BSc is teaching profession or you can even you can even head towards research field in some universities

You can even find jobs in herbarium.

Last but not the least you can work in some top companies(private) which will offer you a huge pay packet.

So there is lots to do after your Bsc if you wanna be successful.

The decision lies with you
3rd November 2010, 06:31 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

botany is the subjects which includes the study of not only plants and trees but also the global warming. it is a vast subject .and you can get better job if you try to complete your pg.
8th November 2010, 05:52 PM
megha ram singh

Red face Re: What to do after BSc(h) in Botany? How to make a good career after BSc(h) Botany?

After B.Sc in Botony you should go for M.Sc. in botony from any good college then go for Ph.D.

you'll get a good job and you can even go for research..

do well..all the best..
11th November 2010, 02:35 AM
sanjusabu

Botany is an academic discipline which focuses on the processes of all forms of plant life.
After completing a Bachelor’s degree in Botany there are several higher studies options like :-
1) you can study for another two years to earn a postgraduate degree in it.
2) You can pursue applied sciences such as Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Environmental Sciences, and Toxicology.
Career options :-
1) You can go for teacher jobs in colleges.
2) You can do research in a university or institutes.
3) You can take job of plant taxonomists in herbariums, ethnobotanists in food and herbal industry,research-based job on medicine and food-related plants.
26th November 2010, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

job vaccience in bsc botany i am 3rd yr student give solution for me.
7th December 2010, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i am 35 years old women i am B.Sc,B.Ed. i want to do job.please help me what to do after B.Sc in batany?
28th December 2010, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

sir im pursuing my b.sc botany from A.M.U. Aligarh sir i want to know in which sectors we will get jobs.
29th December 2010, 01:17 AM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
according to me after doing BSc(h) in botany you can apply for MSc(h),or other post graduation courses.or you can apply for teaching in high school as TGT in government school.
to make career after BSc(h) in Botany you can do MSc to make your value.
29th December 2010, 02:54 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

After completing Bsc in botony you can either apply for jobs or you can pursue higher studies.

You can find employment opportunities in research organizations, herbal products companies, farm management organizations; biotechnology firms etc.

If you are interested in higher studies you can apply for M.Sc. in Botany, M.Phil programs or students who are interested in management jobs can also apply for MBA programs. If you are interested in teaching profession can even opt for B.Ed degree.
29th December 2010, 07:53 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What to do after BSc(h) in Botany? How to make a good career after BSc(h) Botany?

Dear friend,
After B.Sc. either you can further or you can apply dor various jobs.
There are lots of jobs for the people of BSc(h) in Botany.

And further to improve your career you can choose biotechnology,botanical survey and eco-botany after b.sc for getting more knowledge.you can further apply for m.sc .
Research field is also very good to apply for.

ALL THE BEST.............
29th December 2010, 08:22 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

to do after BSc(h) in Botany
In todays world, just having a BSc degree is not really enough especially if you want to make a good career.You can do your masters in Botany,Biotechnology,Biochemistry,Horticulture,Mic robiology etc.
There are various colleges which give you this course based only on your BSc graduation marks.
State level entrances also start from december like
TIFR
JNU
BARODA University

good luck.
29th December 2010, 07:35 PM
sindhusweety

hi, its not enough to have only degree its better to go to higher studies like
msc biotechnology,msc bioinformatics,msc biochemistry,msc microbiology etc
after that you can go to mphil or any other it depends on your interest.
if you want your future to be bright please do hardwork
4th January 2011, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.sc botany honours in 50% n hoping to do m.sc medical microbiology ...plez suggest
2nd May 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

After my 1st degree in botany, can i do my masters in any pharmaceutical courses? and in what field can i be gainfully employed?
5th May 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

sir how maeny type of books for entras exam in msc botany for bhu?
9th May 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I completed msc botany, what is the options i have education side? and what is the options i have teaching side?, not interested in teaching side.
10th May 2011, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

what to choose in m sc
28th May 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

what are the scopes in Research field after persuing b.sc botany?

thanx...
2nd June 2011, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

after completing bse in biology can we apply for microbiology?
10th June 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

what to do after B.Sc degree. should i elect M.sc. in botany from garhwal university of uttrakhand or MBA in hospital management? i am very much confused? what should i do?
11th June 2011, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

how the passpapers exam have been divided in the "WEST BENGAL STATE UNIVERSITY - SYLLABUS BSc Botany Honours"?
i have taken Botany (H) in "WEST BENGAL STATE UNIVERSITY" this year 2011-12, my pass papaers are Zoology and Chemistry, how the pass papers exam have been divided, let me know in my email id [email protected]
12th June 2011, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

what is subject combination included if one pursue's B.Sc botany . is it that we had to study Physics and chemistry also
12th June 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

what is the subject combination if one pursue's B.sc hons at botany
22nd June 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

which subjects in botany honors
24th June 2011, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

jobs after bsc botony(hons)
6th July 2011, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

why the student does not opt botany? wht's the reason behind to it?
6th July 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Dear teachers,i m to study my bsc(hons.)botany at Dyal singh college which is under DU.could you please guide and gve me precautions for my upcming tasks?
10th July 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

If i opt for m.s.c in biotechnology after b.s.c in botany,then what are the marks required in b.s.c honours?after taking biotechnology,should i have to study plant biotechnology only and would get job in plantbiotechnology fields,or i can also get to study and work in animal biotechnology?
17th July 2011, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

what to do after Bsc(h)in zoology?
18th July 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

what are the marks required in b.s.c for studying m.s.c in biotechnology after completing b.s.c in botany? Is chemistry required to be in tae general subjects,in order to study biotechnology?After b.s.c.botany,will i have to study about plantbiotechnology only or about animals too?
23rd July 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

what can i do after bsc in biotech,botany,chemistry.
2nd August 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

sir im pursueing B.Sc. in CBZ combination. after this i want to do M.Sc. in Biotechnology , plz suggest Which are the compitative exams for this ? and Give the names of univercities ?
8th August 2011, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

How to make a good job after msc in botany?
15th August 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT ENTRANCE EXAMS OF HORTICULTURE, AND ITS SYLLABUS.
15th August 2011, 08:32 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Botany is mainly about the plants and everything about plant life.The global warming and other environmental problems(which will be forever) which help in building the scope of this branch.A post graduation will indeed increase you chances of getting a job in top notch companies.
19th August 2011, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

plz give info about net set exams?
20th August 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

if i have the subject zoology,botany,chamistry in Bsc so after it what i do?
3rd September 2011, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

what r net set exam's ?
14th September 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

how could we get job after b.sc. in botany
15th September 2011, 01:48 AM
fahran

Hi dear,
You know that Botany is mainly about the plants and everything about plant life. Let me tell you there are lot of opportunities after you BSc(Hons) in Botany.

Botany is not only study about plants but also the trees.

The course is a very broad course and it has applications in Biotechnology field as well.

The global warming and other environmental problems(which will be forever) which help in building the scope of this branch.

After you BSc in Botany(hons) you can study additional 2 years which will help you in grabbing a PG degree or you can opt for courses such as biotech,microbiology,molecular biology etc

A postgraduation will indeed increase you chances of getting a job in top notch companies.

Another interesting career option after you BSc is teaching profession or you can even you can even head towards research field in some universities

You can even find jobs in herbarium.

Last but not the least you can work in some top companies(private) which will offer you a huge pay packet.

So there is lots to do after your Bsc if you wanna be successful.

The decision lies with you

Thanks
27th September 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

i hv done my fsc pre medical nw i want 2 get admi in bs hons in botany bt iwnt 2 b a doctor also bt
i cant become doctor due 2my bad luck. after doing my hons i want 2o in research so
tell me can i fulfil my this dreamz?
plzzzzzzzzi got 150 marks inbiology in fsc and 132 in matric out of 1050 im

english medium student 4rm matric kindly gv answer of my question
2nd October 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

hi sir.....
i want to do research in medicines for viral diseases, mainly for hiv and i m in 3rd yrs, botany as a major subject. Can u suggest wht shld i do further to achieve my goals........
reply me at my emil : [email protected]
13th October 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Sis,Botany honours student can go for Msc in horticulture,if yes,plz sir explained?
9th November 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

what jobs are bsc in cbz 45%
20th August 2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

If i want to go on arts field after B.Sc.(h) botany then what are the option for that ? is there option for any creativity ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?