16th July 2010, 03:20 PM
salome

What to do to become a Pilot after 12th?

I am doing my 12th std now in Comoputer science. my ambition is to become a pilot. so what should I do after my 12th?

25th March 2011, 02:39 AM
sumit9897gaur

Default Re: What to do to become a Pilot after 12th?

first of all you have to appear for N.D.A exam which is held twice a year to become a pilot in indian airforce,naval academy or army you can refer to th folloeing link to kno more

http://upscportal.com/civilservices/syllabus/NDA-Syllabus-and-Scheme-of-Examination

but if you want to become a commercial pilot than there are various flying school in india which provides C.P.L and P.P.L but you should keep in mind that they should provide the training based on FAA and D.G.C.A regulations

and if you want to walk abroad than phillipenes provides the best aviation training as compared to other countries also in india flying takes almost 9-12 months to complete depending on the person and how many papers he/she has cleared. It is advisable to go abroad to the phillipenes or US. and finish off your flying training there within 5-6months if you have the funds. The airlines will take you in dosent matter

flying schools in the U.S. like Falcon Aviation at www.falconaviationacademy.com, Delta Qualiflight at www.deltaqualiflight.com you can also check out the Indian flight school Carver Aviations site at www.carveraviation.com. Hope this helps you choose your flying school.

Best of Luck for your future!
25th March 2011, 12:19 PM
krupadesai

Become a Pilot after 12th:

Pilot exams needs to be cleared for getting commercial pilot's license. Firstly one can get enrolled as Student Pilot licence & then into private pilot licence.

The eligibility criteria for becoming a pilot are:

Educational Qualification:
10+2/equivalent with 50% marks in Physics and Maths

To know more details of the date of exams & related information kindly refer to the official website http://dgca.nic.in/.

Training Centres in India :

Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd.Doddanavar Trade Centre,Near Fort,Dharwad Road,5:16 AM 1/9/99Belgaum-16.

Andhra PRadesh Flying Club, Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad.
Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati-7.

Bangalore Aeronautics Technical Services, Mysore Aerodrome, Karnataka.

Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna-1.

Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.

Faculty of Flight Safety Services, Delhi Flying Club Ltd. Safdarjang Airport, New Delhi-110 003.

Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Indore-452 005, MP.

Flytech Aviation Academy, 102, AI-Kauser, Road No. 10, West Maredpally, Secunderabad-500 026.

Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneshwar.

Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Yelahanka Post, Bangalore-560 064.

Gujarat Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Hasni Road, Baroda-390 006, Gujarat.

Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Fursatganj Airfield, Rea Bareli-229 302, Uttar Pradesh.

Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur, Bihar.

Ludhiana Aviation Club, Civil Aerodrome, PO Sahnswal, Ludhiana, Punjab.

Nagpur Flying Club, Sonegaon Aerodrome, Nagpur, MAharashtra.

Orient Flight School, Adminstrative Office 40, GST Road, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai-600 016,

Operations at Civil Aerodrome, Pondicherry -605 008.

Sahara India Aviation Academy 249/250, Block A, Road No.6, National Highway No. 8, Mahipalpur (Near I.G International Airport) New Delhi-110037.
25th March 2011, 04:57 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Since you are interested in Computer Science field it will be good if you take up engineering in this stream. But you also have the option to join the flying schools too after 12th. You will need to appear for the various entrance exams. You need to decide whether you would like to become a commercial pilot, private pilot etc.
25th March 2011, 07:41 PM
cricket007
Banned

deer friends,

here is the simple answer first fall you have to qualify the written examination of NDA 2011.

PHYSICAL STANDARD.

INTERVIEW.

CHECK THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE.........

www.nda.ac.in

all the best.....................................
25th March 2011, 08:49 PM
murledaran

Smile Re: What to do to become a Pilot after 12th?

join aeronautical engineering in good college and take some physical test before joining the course..
29th March 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

what is ppl ? which is the best acadmey in india for become a pilot?
13th May 2011, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

i want to be a pilot after 12th .. what should i do to be a pilot? how much cost ?
3rd June 2011, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

if i get less marks and still if i want to become a pilot then what should i do ?
3rd July 2011, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

i was cmpltd my 12th now what i shud do to bcme pilot
7th September 2011, 05:49 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Dear friend,

becoming an indian air force pilot is one of the most respected jobs in the country. The indian air force offer different entry options at various education levels.

-after 12th students have an option to enter this field. For this they must have studied science subject in 12th standard. The students can enter the flying branch in the indian air force through the upsc entrance exam which will provide admission to the nda for students. Students who clear the upsc exam will have to appear the pilot aptitude battery test pabt which will check the aptitude of the students as a pilot.

-after clearing the pabt candidates will have to undergo a selection process which is common to the entire iaf batch. There will be a medical examination which the candidates will have to clear. On the basis of the medical result and the selection procedure there will be a merit list. Selected candidates will get trained at the nda for the flying branch during the last semester in the academy. After 3 years at nda students will be further sent for training in one of the flying training establishments. After completing the training the candidates can join as flying officer in the iaf. Weather male or female, both have to follow the same procedure to become a pilot.

There are two types of pilot ,commercial and fighter , you need to decide what kind of pilot you should be .the commercial pilots are being trained by private institutions and govt.institutions , where as for the fighters the govt. Institutions give the coaching .
What ever may be the pilot you want to become ,you have to write an entrance exam to get admission in the institution .

There is physical fitness tests , you have to pass in that also , if you fulfill all the conditions that they demand then you will be selected for the training ......

-name is some of the flying schools for training in flying from where spl, ppl, and cpl training can be completed:

Indira gandhi rashtriya uran akademi, uttar pradesh
flying training institute, behala, calcutta
government aviation training institute, civil aerodrome, bhubaneswar
karnal aviation club, kunjpura road, karnal, haryana
government flying club, aerodrome, lucknow

all the best…
21st November 2011, 11:01 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

dear friend,

Pilot exams needs to be cleared for getting commercial pilot's license. Firstly one can get enrolled as Student Pilot licence & then into private pilot licence.

The eligibility criteria for becoming a pilot are:

Educational Qualification:
10+2/equivalent with 50% marks in Physics and Maths

To know more details of the date of exams & related information kindly refer to the official website http://dgca.nic.in/.

Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd.Doddanavar Trade Centre,Near Fort,Dharwad Road,5:16 AM 1/9/99Belgaum-16.

Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna-1.

Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.

Faculty of Flight Safety Services, Delhi Flying Club Ltd. Safdarjang Airport, New Delhi-110 003.

Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Indore-452 005, MP.

Flytech Aviation Academy, 102, AI-Kauser, Road No. 10, West Maredpally, Secunderabad-500 026.

Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneshwar.

Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Yelahanka Post, Bangalore-560 064.

Gujarat Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Hasni Road, Baroda-390 006, Gujarat.

Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Fursatganj Airfield, Rea Bareli-229 302, Uttar Pradesh.

Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur, Bihar.

Ludhiana Aviation Club, Civil Aerodrome, PO Sahnswal, Ludhiana, Punjab.

Nagpur Flying Club, Sonegaon Aerodrome, Nagpur, MAharashtra.

Orient Flight School, Adminstrative Office 40, GST Road, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai-600 016,

Operations at Civil Aerodrome, Pondicherry -605 008.

Sahara India Aviation Academy 249/250, Block A, Road No.6, National Highway No. 8, Mahipalpur (Near I.G International Airport) New Delhi-110037.

best of luck
22nd February 2012, 01:43 AM
Rushit Patel

Smile Re: What to do to become a Pilot after 12th?

wht would be betr from ur side a commercial pilot or private one???
12th April 2012, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

i am a girl and i am intrested to be a commercial poilet.what should i do?
24th June 2012, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

I need to become a pilot after 12th ?? WHAT SHALL I DO?
1st September 2012, 03:39 AM
Unregistered

i am mohit raj and intrested to become a pilot .. suggest me what to study? where to take admissin? how to apply? . what the diff between private and commercial pilot..
1st September 2012, 01:38 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by salome View Post
I am doing my 12th std now in Comoputer science. my ambition is to become a pilot. so what should I do after my 12th?
===eligibility and centers===
Basic qualification for pilot training is successful completion of 10+2/equivalent with 50% marks in Physics and Maths. The applicant should have completed 17 years of age.

The first step in Pilot training is acquiring of Student Pilot Licence (SPL). Thereafter he can start flight training to get Private Pilot Licence (PPL). This includes 60 hours of flying comprising 20 hours of dual flying, 20 hours of solo flying and 5 hours cross country flying.

Theoretical examination's have to be passed in subjects like Air Regulation, Navigation, Aviation Meteorology, Aircraft and Engines, After PPL another 190 hours of flying training is required for Commercial Pilot's Licence (CPL) i.e., a consolidated 250 hours of flying training. A flight radio operators licence and radio telephone licence have to be obtained. During CPL, the candidate should have exposure to a range of aircraft and fulfill other conditions like specified hours of solo flying, cross country flying and height flying. Theeoretical papers have to be cleared and medical tests passed. It usually takes 2 to 3 years before required flying hours and classroom learning are completed.

Entry to the PPL course is through an entrance test conducted at certain centres. The test is based on subjects like English, General Knowledge, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Applications are called in April and sent to The Director General of Civil Aviation (Training Section) Technical Centre, Opp. Safdarjang Airport, New Delhi-110 003.

Prospects:
After getting an Indian license, one can apply to the airlines for jobs. One may join as a pilot and work upwards to become a Commander. In Indian Airlines, it may take 8-10 years to get command of a jet aircraft. Private airlines may take only half the time, since the flying hours that the pilot puts in are much higher.

These days there is a shortage of pilots and foreign airlines such as Gulf Air, Emirates, Singapore Airlines and Air Lanka frequently hire Indian pilots. With Asia opening up, salaries have multiplied and it is not surprising to hear of a monthly salary of $6,000 after taxes (about Rs 2 lakh) or even a higher figure of $12,000. Apart from this, one may get to fly a bigger and more modern aircraft with a foreign airline.

1st September 2012, 04:46 PM
Salmankhn793

Hello user,

If you want to become a pilot in Indian air force and dear you have done 12th then you can apply for the defense services through NDA exam which is best option to join defense services for a 12th pass candidate and start his carrier in Indian defense services.
>> Dear on the bases of your qualification apply forthe NDA exam and get join defense services. After NDA exam you can apply or join Indian air force from there dear you have to choose the flying branch of air force to become a pilot in air force.
>> Dear the candidate want to join Indian air force as pilot must have studied PCM subjects in 12th and done his 12th from science stream.
ELIGIBILITIES FOR NDA :-
AGE LIMIT:- 16.5 to 19 years
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRED:- 12th from a govt recognized board.
MARITAL STATUS OF CANDIDATE:- unmarried candidates only.
EYE SIGHT OF CANDIDATE:- must be 6/6
GENDER SPECIFICATION:- only male candidates are allowed to apply.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT THE UPSC WEBSITE WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN .
GOOD LUCK,
1st September 2012, 07:58 PM
koppula.haritha

After completion of 12th you can join in air force that required Qualifications:

The following are the qualifications.
1.The candidate must citizen of India.
2.The candidate must completed 12.intermediate.
3.The candidate must studied any one of the subject from maths,physics,chemistry.
4.The age of the candidate is 18-24 years.
5.The candidate secured 60% marks.
So if you have passed 12th need to write an examination of NDA(National Defence Academy) which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year
For other please log in following official website

www.careerairforce.nic.in
31st December 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I M A COMMERCE STUDENT ...N I WANT TO BE A PILOT...AS AN INTERNATIONAL.PILOT...HOW MUCH WILL BE FEES OF IT...N WHAT SHULD I DO ? ..TO BECOME PILOT AFTER MY 12?...
1st February 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

How can i apply for the upsc or nda exam?
31st March 2014, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

I know science student capable for pilot
how can be commerce student become a pilot
6th April 2014, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I am Vishal Kumar
Now i am study in 10class i wants to become pilot then plz tell me how to i should prepair for become pilot and in which board i should study ahead.
14th April 2014, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 11 and 12 with maths and physics could i become a pilot?
28th December 2014, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

I am girl and I am a commerce student and I am intrested to be a commercial pailot. How much will be fees of it and what should I do? To become pailot after my 12th?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?