25th May 2019, 05:04 PM
Senuthmi anujana

What do I need to study and work in NASA?

I'm Senuthmi and I'm from Sri Lanka. l am very interested in space, rockets and all things related to astronomy. I love NASA forever. It's not only an institution. It is my life. I want to know what should I study and what qualifications do I needed to work in NASA ?

28th May 2019, 07:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What do I need to study and work in NASA?

Particularly if you want to be an astronaut, an engineer or a scientist with NASA, you should choose a STEM that is Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
You need to have a minimum of bachelor's degree in physics, astrophysics and astronomy, geology, space science or a similar field.
You must be a US citizen in order to work for NASA as a civil service employee.
If you are not a US citizen you may wish to consider opportunities with one of our International Space partners.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?